2017 Rear Wheel Noise with video

• The noise started just a few days ago. At the end of the video I have the rear wheel raised and can only hear pad/rotor noise. Also, if you look closely you'll see some rear wheel wobble... Possibly part of the problem?

• Possibly axel bearing. Need to take it to dealer and have them send the video to Polaris. Polaris will say it’s normal without the video.

My initial thoughts as well, thank you!

One has to think bearing/s failure first off....

Sounds like instant death...

Jack it up and see if it’s the angle drive or swing arm related..

I did have it jacked up at the end of the video and I could see no swing arm issues. Instant death? Is it going to leave me sitting? Warranty just ran out in May.

• The wheel looks like it could be bent.....out of round. Did you hit a giant pot hole?

Nothing that would bend the wheel, I've become quite good at missing them, but yes it does look like there's a problem there. I did purchase this used and it was the first time I had the rear end raised.

• Late to the party, but...

Which bearing(s) did your dealer order? Just curious.. but there are several possibilities to this issue... and a couple of bearings too..

1.) rear axle needle bearing

2.) rear axle spacer

3.) roller bearing

4.) swingarm bearing

Not sure which one in particular was injured during our swingarm recall; but our swingarm recall was performed twice due to a bearing - not otherwise specified by dealer- being crushed during the recall. It was a HORRID OBNOXIOUS SCREAMING sound from the rear end that could be heard half a mile up the road when the slingshot took off. Sound worsened when belt was under torque during acceleration.

It took months before we finally wasn't cringing with disgust while riding...along with missing SSITS 18 and the slingshot sitting for 21 days outside / rusting our nuts, between two different dealerships.

The dealership where we had the swingarm recall done would not admit fault... said it was the belt tension... said it was dirty... said it needed replaced.... after all that was done... and still cringing... we went to another dealer. The technician there might not be the very best, but he is certainly honest, and personable. The second tech said he had never replaced a swingarm, and was going thru the service manual step by step... learning as he went. I can appreciate his honesty and sincerity much more than the tech we will call "Richard" - that we dealt with at the first dealer.

First mistake he ever made is stereotyping an aircraft mechanic crew chief with salt and pepper hair as "just another old guy that don't know shit about engine mechanics". THAT shit gets my blood boiling quick. And yes.... I showed MY :DONKEYSS:that day too.

Sorry for the rambling.... see what bearing your dealer ordered for you and maybe add a few of the others located within the Driven Sprocket.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• No body is going to mind your https://slingshotinfo.com/wcf/images/smilies/smiley267.jpg being shown!

I've known my fair share of "Richards" in my day, been accused a time or two.

Someone at homecoming was telling me the story about them taking their slingshot in about a noise, don't remember if it was angle drive related or not, but she said that at first, they told her that she couldn't drive because she was FEMALE, and that the noise was in her imagination. When her husband went up there, they said it was because he was OLD.

I'm pretty sure I have that story correct, but astounding service.

If I had anyone at a dealership, or anywhere, tried to pull that shit, you'd see my "richard" side, and I'd be calling Polaris to boot...

Sorry for sidetracking this further... just had to share

• Another update... Took the SS out on Friday and the sound disappeared, drove it again Saturday and the noise was worse than ever. WTH is going on? Is it possible that it's just the belt that is causing this noise to come and go?