Northeast Georgia Mountain Ride Videos

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • I am doing a series of Rides in the Northeast Georgia Mountain and the surrounding area. Gail and I do a narrative of history and the sites to see as we travel all the back roads. If you are close to the area, you will find we have some great roads to ride and restaurants. I am placing our other ride video in this thread.

This ride to Tellico Plains was just completed on the 7th of July. Tellico Plains is mostly a draw for the start of the Cherohala Skyway drive. We visited the Charles Hall Museum of Millitary items, local items of all kinds, first TV sold in Tellico Plains and so on. There are two buildings to house all the memorabilia.

Our Ride took us from north of Cleveland, Ga on the back roads to Tellico Plains. You will see it all.

• This ride will take you on a ride to Helen, Ga from the north for weekends and holidays to avoid a lot of the traffic coming into Helen. You will find coming to Helen from the south on Hwy 75 will be a nightmare of traffic on weekends. There are a number of shortcuts to get around Helen to come in from the north. Look at google and you can find them all. Look for one hidden road Ridge road that sneaks in from the north and comes out near Betty's General Store.

Oh, if you don't know Helen, Ga, it is a Alpine Town, complete with Oktoberfest starting in Sept and going till Nov.

• This ride takes you along with us on a ride through Cleveland, Ga and north on Hwy 75 to Helen, Ga. In Helen, we take you around to the back side along the Chattahoochee River. We then circle back onto 75 and take you through all of Helen and out the north side. You see it all. Gail and I give some of the history of the area and tell as much as we can as we drive. Enjoy the show and don't miss our beautiful Northeast Georgia Mountains if you come to the area.

• samowens44

Changed the title of the thread from “Northeast Georgia Mountains Ride Videos” to “Northeast Georgia Mountain Ride Videos”.
  • Sam you are doing a great job on this. I just wish I lived in an area that is not an oven when you go outside. Today 105 feels like 112. Kinda hard to ride comfortably. Keep up the fun videos.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Nice work showing our wonderful North Ga area. As for heat don't think it aint hot here. Along with the heat we have bad humidity. Just Saying.... 8o

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Nice work showing our wonderful North Ga area. As for heat don't think it aint hot here. Along with the heat we have bad humidity. Just Saying.... 8o

Sam you are doing a great job on this. I just wish I lived in an area that is not an oven when you go outside. Today 105 feels like 112. Kinda hard to ride comfortably. Keep up the fun videos.

JUST SAYIN

Thanks Ruptured Duck , It is true, Georgia can have some very hot temps. The mountains do give us some cooler riding, that is part of our ride to our destination and return. I will give some temps in future rides. Oh, we did solve Gail's floorboard high temps problem she reported. She has told me she does not feel the high heat as before. Insulation at all the points of heat entry was applied. Yes I have video and it is posted on the thread "New Owners Important Information."

Sam you are doing a great job on this. I just wish I lived in an area that is not an oven when you go outside. Today 105 feels like 112. Kinda hard to ride comfortably. Keep up the fun videos.

JUST SAYIN

Thanks Boomer .

• Here is a Ride I really like, Wayah Rd in the Nantahala Forest area. It starts near the Nantahala Outdoor Center area and ends at Hwy 64 near Franklin, NC. This rides will show some of the the back roads starting at Blairsville area. My Ride series will state the roads and most of what will be needed to find the route we take. Remember, a ride becomes a whole new ride when you do it in the reverse start and finish. We stopped at Lakes End Cafe Grill, great views on back porch dinning area over looking the lake. Food was great!

• Here is a really fun ride with lots of beautiful curvy roads to give your Rack and Pinion Steering a good workout. It will also put a big smile on your face. We started at Woody Gap on Hwy 60, the road between Dahlonega and Suches, Ga. We take Hwy 60 north and turn left at Dial road, take that to Newport Rd, go about 2 miles and turn right on Aska Rd. About 10 miles and Toccoa Riverside Restaurant is on the right, right on the River, with river view dinning, great food. We take Hwy 180 for our return ride. This is a real fun challenging ride. I just put some bopping music to give a feel of a carefree day for a ride with friends.

• Here is a Ride I really like, Wayah Rd in the Nantahala Forest area. It starts near the Nantahala Outdoor Center area and ends at Hwy 64 near Franklin, NC. This rides will show some of the the back roads starting at Blairsville area. My Ride series will state the roads and most of what will be needed to find the route we take. Remember, a ride becomes a whole new ride when you do it in the reverse start and finish. We stopped at Lakes End Cafe Grill, great views on back porch dinning area over looking the lake. Food was great!

That is a great road, that is the road that Storm did the video on

• This ride takes you along with us on a ride through Cleveland, Ga and north on Hwy 75 to Helen, Ga. In Helen, we take you around to the back side along the Chattahoochee River. We then circle back onto 75 and take you through all of Helen and out the north side. You see it all. Gail and I give some of the history of the area and tell as much as we can as we drive. Enjoy the show and don't miss our beautiful Northeast Georgia Mountains if you come to the area.

The Mrs. and I make this run at least once a month and I couldn't agree more!

There is an awesome German restaurant right on the bridge in Helen that you can have a cold beer and Bratwust while watching people float down the river on inner-tubes. Great scenery up that way!

• The Mrs. and I make this run at least once a month and I couldn't agree more!

There is an awesome German restaurant right on the bridge in Helen that you can have a cold beer and Bratwust while watching people float down the river on inner-tubes. Great scenery up that way!

slopoke , we like the Cafe International for their great Reuben and watch all the tubers go down the river. It is the one on stilts on the water. Let us know the next time you are in the area and we can meet up with you for a lunch and short ride if it would work.

• If you are now interested in the Northeast Georgia Mountains and want to plan a destination vacation with your Slingshot and want a ride that will showcase a lot of the great roads to ride, The Gauntlet is for you. It is a 133 mile loop that takes you through a lot of the beauty of these mountains. Gail and I will soon schedule time to capture a Ride Video to show what to expect. The route gives a lot of great opportunities for a Lunch stop.

For now, I will just Post the Gauntlet Ride Brochure for you to study and get a review of what area it covers. Now there are some other great roads that are missed, but this is a route that gives as much as you can in one ride.

A lot of folks have heard of the Tail of the Dragon and plan trips around it, about 100 miles to the north. The Northeast Georgia Mountains is one big tail of the Dragon Ride with lots of variations.

Here is the Link to Brochure for the Ride along with a turn by turn description.

The Gauntlet Brochure

Enjoy your Slingshot!

I am preparing waypoints for my GPS for my Ride Video of the Gauntlet Ride. I will share my ride notes for your use to do this ride Clockwise and starting from Linda's Chevron Station on Hwy 129.

I will be adding as I complete.

• Another view of our Beautiful Georgia Mountains. You don't want to miss the Richard B Russell Parkway. This video shows some of the views for a ride from North of Cleveland, Ga to Hiawassee, Ga. There are a number of things to look at, Great Overlooks at top of Richard B Russell, Brasstown Bald National Recreation Area & Visitor Center, the highest point in Georgia. Also you may want to stop at Alexanders Store as you pass on School Rd. I point out Bell Mountain, a great view location of the area around Hiawassee. Caution should be observed as this is a single lane road with steep incline. I suggest going in a car to review first. Now, Showtime!!!

• Gail and I had a ride to Hiawassee, Ga the other day. As we rode the back roads, we gave some descriptions and shared information about riding in our Polaris Slingshot, known as Snazzy to most of you. Gail shares some ride tips as a passenger. When we got to the turn to go onto Blood Mountain, we opened up the fun jar and spread it on thick. Watch us as you see the view behind us going through the turns. Listen to Gail as she yoohoos with excitement. There will be more of this ride in a second video. I try to keep them at 10 minutes or so.

To get this video view, I mounted my GoPro Hero 4 Black on my Magic Arm and connected the mounting clamp to my driver side rear view mirror. I would like to see some of our members with views of themselves on rides. I see enough of the front hood and the backs of our helmets. Come on, try it! If you need help with any part of it, let me know. Now buckle up and enjoy the ride. It's showtime!