YOU"VE GOT TO BE KIDDING !!!

• All of us Slingshot owners know that we can't live without the mods and goodies you guys sell. We also know that the prices we pay for these goodies are high. Supply and demand, and competition rule the market place as well as a price gouging manufacturer have us at a disadvantage. We can't just go to Auto Zone and get this stuff. Amazon has a very limited selection also. We all know it, it's just the world we live in.

$149.95 for a fire extinguisher with a mounting bracket, you guys have some cojones.

We bought A Kiddie brand fire extinguisher for autos from Home Depot yesterday for $12.88. It doesn't come with the mounting bracket that bolts up to the seat. that is some kind of bracket to cost $137.07.

Good luck guys, I hope you sell a shit-load of them. It's a great day for capitalism. :thumbsup:

Jamesgn

• Problem these days are many company's confuse the words capitalism and con job. They also get confused with the words quantity and quality. It's the new America.

• The same can be said for the grocery stores that sell sliced deli meats. I buy the beef bologna at $2.99 pound, because I'm cheap and love the stuff fried up into a sandwich. Can't see why people would spend $9.00 a pound for sliced roast beef.

Different prices for different people. I'm glad I have the choice and options to support the vendors that provide a valuable service and they deserve to be paid for their time designing their goods

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• If you think that is crazy you should look at aviation stuff, it really is crazy -

https://www.aircraftspruce.com…s/a344tc.php?recfer=18975

• If you think that is crazy you should look at aviation stuff, it really is crazy -

https://www.aircraftspruce.com…s/a344tc.php?recfer=18975

^^^^ SO... MUCH... THIS!! ^^^^

I priced out in-cockpit AC unit (a size that could easily fit inside one of our storage compartments) ~> Well... at $3,900 ~> that would be a NOPE!!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Personally I have not felt that any of the mods I have purchased were not worth what I paid for them - and with perhaps one very small exception I would do every single one of them again - - Sure I would have loved it if they had all cost less, but that doesn't mean I haven't gotten my moneys worth,

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Personally I have not felt that any of the mods I have purchased were not worth what I paid for them - and with perhaps one very small exception I would do every single one of them again - - Sure I would have loved it if they had all cost less, but that doesn't mean I haven't gotten my moneys worth,

I would say that most people that have sticker shock over slingshot parts have never owned a small market toy. I have looked in to super cars for a little while now and everything is way more. An exhaust for a Chevy - $350. Exhaust for a Slingshot $1000. Exhaust for a GT-R - $2500.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Out of respect to the seller (forgive me if I'm wrong on the version you are noting but its the only one I could find that fit your price) I think it is important to note that the kit includes a H3R Fire Extinguisher. The cost you noted includes this very expensive automotive extinguisher. Take that extinguisher out and the price for the bracket is in line with getting low volume products manufactured and then sold through a retailer. The money you think they are making is not there. The extinguisher is the part that jacks the price. To your point the extinguisher can be had for less but not apples to apples. You would be hard press to design, fabricate, powder coat, package and sell for the promo price now being listed for just the bracket mount.

I'm sorry but felt the need to give additional explanation.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I am so glad I read this thread. I keep five fire extinguishers in my home. I burn wood. (Sometimes it's like I'm Charles Freakin Ingles). I have one in all my trucks and always have but have never put one in my Slingshot. It's time. To the original poster. Thanks much.:thumbsup:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I look at it this way… I’ve spent thousands in electrical upgrades. If you’re going to use a fire extinguisher with anything but Hal Guard, you can all but forget about salvaging your electronics in the event of a fire.

*I wouldn’t recommend something unless there are facts behind it... dry chemical type extinguishers damage finishes and are HIGHLY corrosive!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I look at it this way… I’ve spent thousands in electrical upgrades. If you’re going to use a fire extinguisher with anything but Hal Guard, you can all but forget about salvaging your electronics in the event of a fire.

*I wouldn’t recommend something unless there are facts behind it... dry chemical type extinguishers damage finishes and are HIGHLY corrosive!

We buy insurance for a reason. Once something starts on fire it's best to let nature takes course (just get the hell out). Of course if you have more money into it than insurance will cover then of course your on your own.