• I have searched the forum for sway bar info and have read that the sway bar has changed in the later models. Are the sway bars in the later models sufficient are would a aftermarket sway bar be much improved over stock? I have a 2018 SL and it seems to corner fine. I have changed the coil overs to JRI. For those of you that have installed a aftermarket sway bar on the newer models, are there any benefits over stock? I have also read that the end links need to be changed when installing a aftermarket sway bar due to the angle of the sway bar on the newer models. Are new aftermarket end links need also?

:SUNSETSS:

• You do not need to change the end links, they are just a way to connect the sway bar. if you do not drive/ride the Slingshot hard there is no need to change the sway bar. If riding hard and to try to keep up with others you will need the sway bar and the cross frame brace, all of it helps plus the 5.0 brake pads and the driver of course.

• They changed the shape of the sway bar in the newer models and according to Dave from ddm works it is actually less stiff than the one in the earlier years

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The after market sway bar I put on has walls twice as thick as the factory bar. Mine has 4 adjustment holes....that’s the reason to have adjustable links...if you want to go past the second holes, into the 3rd or 4th holes.

• You do not need to change the end links, they are just a way to connect the sway bar. if you do not drive/ride the Slingshot hard there is no need to change the sway bar. If riding hard and to try to keep up with others you will need the sway bar and the cross frame brace, all of it helps plus the 5.0 brake pads and the driver of course.

Amen. Amen. Amen on all counts. Once you ride with Funcycle a few times, you'll need the 5.0 pads and the sway bar. I got the pads and my next mod will be the sway bar. Please update as you change, I am very curious to see how this goes.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• My Sling is a 16 and the DDM adj shocks, plus DDM sway bar snd 5.0 pads make a world of difference. Flatter turns, great ride. Brakes super with 5.0. Great brakes are a necessity. Pushing hard and someone misses a gear you’ll need them or room to get by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• They changed the shape of the sway bar in the newer models and according to Dave from ddm works it is actually less stiff than the one in the earlier years

here is a picture that Dave@DDMWorks posted in an earlier thread that shows the different shape of the 2017 and newer sway bar and the different stiffness of it as compared to the older style and the DDM sway bar

95308-ddmworks-sway-bar-comparison-jpg

The Stock slingshots really stay pretty flat in the corners or at least thats what I thought before I made the change to my Twist Dynamics sway bay - - the difference is substantial one of my best mod decisions and it pairs great with my JRI GT's

• Amen. Amen. Amen on all counts. Once you ride with Funcycle a few times, you'll need the 5.0 pads and the sway bar. I got the pads and my next mod will be the sway bar. Please update as you change, I am very curious to see how this goes.

123hotdog , went up to DDMWORKS today and Angie hooked me up with Hawk 5.0 brake pads, master cylinder support brace, ddm sway bar and the mounts with the grease fittings. Haven’t got them installed yet. It is almost to 🥵 to work in my garage. Humidity is through the roof. Felt like over a 100 degrees today. When I get the sway bar installed, I will let you know the results.

• 123hotdog , went up to DDMWORKS today and Angie hooked me up with Hawk 5.0 brake pads, master cylinder support brace, ddm sway bar and the mounts with the grease fittings. Haven’t got them installed yet. It is almost to 🥵 to work in my garage. Humidity is through the roof. Felt like over a 100 degrees today. When I get the sway bar installed, I will let you know the results.

Your telling me. I'm a Landscaper. Heat is awful. Ugh. I went to Fort Jackson to watch a buddy graduate basic. I could have fried an egg on the bleachers. The heat is much much worse over your way than it is here. I have the brace as well. It went on in five minutes. I don't know how handy you are but the back brakes are different than the front on install. I seen a guy on this forum turn the piston on the back with a pair of long needle nose pliers. I did the same thing and it worked perfect.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Before you install the sway bar and mounts you should go find a nice curvy road and drive it hard so you can do some before and after. I am sure you have already driven many roads but you probably were not thinking about it like you would now

• I know this thread was started a while ago but I'd echo the sentiments everyone else is saying. I changed my sway bar to a Twist Dynamics, (+/- 650 lbs/in) and it was a huge difference. I spend a lot of time on the "dragon", (always have), and have pictures from Killboy, in the same corner with the stock swaybar and the Twist Dynamics sway bar. You can see quite a bit less body roll with the aftermarket and the cornering feel was so much better. I've been thinking about adding shocks but at $1200 to $1400 dollars I'm not sure I want them that bad.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• For corning also you can use the good set of shocks and also replace the radiator cross bar

FunCycle

Does anyone still sell the cross brace? I have seen posts in the past that talked about it but I don't know which vendor has them

Thanks?

• RRR made a replacement steel bar, but no longer makes it. I think that I bought the last one that RRR made and sold. I made one for Sling II by using 1 1/2 inch square tubing and making some spacers. DIY section for directions. Before you ask yes it works about the same way the sway bar does and ties the top rail of the frame together. Before I installed these I was picking the inside tire/wheel off of the ground in the turns.

• We are hoping to get another track day or two in this year. We have done Robeling Road in Savannah, Georgia I think 3 times now. This is more fun than riding around the mountains, there are no blue lights to worry about. If you do not want to buy tack tires (not necessary) save your old KENDA's, they are sticky as hell when hot. Tire pressure 24 psi cold on fronts and 24/26 psi hot on the rear