Kyle D has topped the 1/2 mile speed record. Now set at 149.24

• for me it was on I 57 in Peotone Illinois, I was on my 2000 Hayabusa with a FLO TECH racing Motor running 10 # Boost Good for 308 at RW. I ran at red line in 6th which according to the math would be 224 MPH for over a 10 mile stretch. On a Sunday morning at about 9am. I remember it like yesterday, What a rush!

'It's about the ride not the destination"

• 149 Ain't no big deal. Truth be told, I bet Gooseman and Kevin Adams BOTH exceed that speed every day on their way to work. Of course they do it in METRIC numbers.

Congrats Kyle. Now maybe Bigdog will understand why the speed record for slinsghots is held by a RED one!!

Somewhere there is a fast gray one waiting for the right moment.

• And since it isnt costing anyones personal pocketbook any money other than the owner giving the "abuse" ......

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Amazing run! You guys have huge balls to run those speeds in the sling. Couple years back i once ran 171 MPH on my Renntech C63 and i was shaking a LOT when i came to a stop. Can’t imagine this on 3 wheels. 110 mph in the slingshot once and thats good enough for me LOL. Awesome runs though.

• Can't trust the SlingShot speedo but said 118ish the one time I took my eyes off the track to look. Done about 135 in a 86 Merkur I built back in the day.

I am more of a track (road course) guy than top speed. Cheaper to build something to catch you in the corners than straight line speed in my opinion... That is unless it's a track with a really long straightaway. Besides these guys are leaning first hand how bad these things are aerodynamically at speed. Bigger balls than me... I'm ok with that.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: