Kyle D has topped the 1/2 mile speed record. Now set at 149.24

• ok I watched the video ... what will be the top speed on the tunes you sell now?

There isn't one and never has been. You can go as fast as your mod list and fuel will allow you to go. If you want to go 200mph in your Slingshot, have at it. You just need the power to do so.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Wow just wow!! You sir are my hero! Going that fast on three wheels in a vehicle clearly not designed to go that fast blows me away!

I am now proud to say when asked about top speed that the slingshot is capable of 147+ mph (with the right tune and in the right hands) bravo! Going to be sharing your video with the local sling community here in the Norfolk area.

Sadly I have to admit I don't have the guts to do this myself and I'm a retired fighter pilot for pete's sake ;)

• ok, ok..... X(

Look here, I know I'm supposed to congratulate that Kyle D with the coolest ZZP slingshot....

Congratulations Kyle, you have upset my apple cart... ;) Not an easy task! Certainly a proud moment for you! But......

I'm from Alabama... where rivalry is not a descriptive word you randomly use, it's a way of life!

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly ... Sort Of Rivalry.... UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA or AUBURN UNIVERSITY...

Slingshots are now ALABAMA SLINGSHOTS... ALABAMA is WHITE BEAST territory

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE BEAST :!:

rabtech.... will you defend WHITE BEAST and HIS Heavyweight Championship Title? :/

How long ol RABTECH must I endure the wretched torture and ridicule ? How long must I be made to feel like an AUBURN fan ? <X;(

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• 149 Ain't no big deal. Truth be told, I bet Gooseman and Kevin Adams BOTH exceed that speed every day on their way to work. Of course they do it in METRIC numbers.

Congrats Kyle. Now maybe Bigdog will understand why the speed record for slinsghots is held by a RED one!!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Ya I don't see what the big deal of 149 is hell I have seen 160-170 a few times :00008356:In all seriousness I honestly don't know how Kyle and Rab walk with such big balls. I don't think I could handle that speed in the sling. Just crazy to think about it. Can't wait to hear when that magic 150 gets passed. It's also great to see the fun these guys are having poking each other all in good taste but still competitive rivalry.

• I got some love for Alabama too. Roll Tide!!!

;)

• I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's had an oh-shit moment on a bike when 1 more mile per hour takes you from 'Top Gun' to 'I'm gonna die!' (121 mph on my '85 GPz750 - I know, they make newer ones). I'm wondering what that number is for you hard-chargers in the Slingshot. Once you've felt that, you tend to set your own limitations on top speed. Obviously you're not there yet and I hope you prioritize your own safety over the friendly competition. It looks like Kyle D is properly outfitted with helmet (of course), fire suit (?), gloves, and likely proper footwear. I hope all the contenders follow suit. And I hope everyone appreciates what it's going to take to move the bar higher. Every mph will come with a cost and I'm really enjoying the show from the comfort of my easy chair (another oh-shit moment - I'm an old guy now!).

ROCK ON!!!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's had an oh-shit moment on a bike when 1 more mile per hour takes you from 'Top Gun' to 'I'm gonna die!' (121 mph on my '85 GPz750 - I know, they make newer ones). I'm wondering what that number is for you hard-chargers in the Slingshot. Once you've felt that, you tend to set your own limitations on top speed. Obviously you're not there yet and I hope you prioritize your own safety over the friendly competition. It looks like Kyle D is properly outfitted with helmet (of course), fire suit (?), gloves, and likely proper footwear. I hope all the contenders follow suit. And I hope everyone appreciates what it's going to take to move the bar higher. Every mph will come with a cost and I'm really enjoying the show from the comfort of my easy chair (another oh-shit moment - I'm an old guy now!).

ROCK ON!!!

I've had a couple oh shit moments in the Slingshot. The worst was in Indy last year during the afternoon session when the winds started picking up. I nearly swapped lanes towards the end of a run after getting hit with a cross wind. It surprised the shit out of me to say the least. But that was the moment I decided that for me personally, it was no longer safe to keep running. I couldn't turn the boost up any more at that point so I wasn't going to go much faster without a perfect run. I returned to the pits and packed it in for home. And then Rab went and ran 143mph. LOL

I do not wear a fire suit. I'm more concerned about my body parts coming in contact with pavement in a worst case scenario and getting terrible road rash. I use Aplinestar kevlar jacket and pants that zip together, Alpinestar Faster 3 shoes, nomex socks, full gauntlet leather gloves, Simpson diamond back helmet, hans device, MOMO Supercup seat, Teamtech 6pt harness, and G-Force arm restraints. The roll bar we made is 2.5" chrome moly. Safety has always been a priority for me as we started hitting pretty high speeds for a Slingshot.

I look back on my first 1/2 when I ran 131mph and I was only wearing a helmet and jeans with the stock seat and seat belt. Hindsight being that wasn't very smart seeing as the stock seats and seat belts are not crash rated. It's also crazy to think that it took another 250whp to go another 18mph.

• Congrats ZZP team and Kyle! Love following the hunt for top speed.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Slopoke ....

This is why woman are from venus and men are from mars.. you totally missed that interpretation... I'm more of a

Lorraine...

So... I don't want nobody to get hurt, lose any appendages, body parts, any of the senses, or teeth.....

But I respectfully request a FACE OFF :thumbsup:

and when the race begins... yall have to scream at one another "SEND IT!!" when given a green light.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

ROCK ON!!!

Yup, for me it was a 98 YZF 600 going at 115mph, got the handlebar deathshake eased up very carefully and never went over 90 mph on anything I owned after that. My work vehicle (at the time) on the other hand, I was taking it up to 180mph before the wheels left the ground (standard practice) ;)

• Most I've had a bike up to was about 135 on a Kawa 600zxr, was racing a thunderstorm, slowed down a bit to go through a toll booth and the popo was on the other side, he clocked me at 120

CHL didn't get me out of that one, and when he asked why I was going so fast, it lightened near us about that time and I just pointed.

Still got wet...