Automatic Transmission 2018 SLR review - NJ

• I wanted to share with everyone that I took delivery in NJ of a brand new 2018 SLR with an Automatic conversion done by Cycle Springs Power Sports in Clearwater FL. Very smooth process. They kept me updated all along to way. They only use GM parts and brand new transmissions from GM (not used or rebuilt ones as other companies out there do). They were a little more expensive but based on the issues I read about the other companies that offer this conversion, I wanted it done right. I had it shipped up to NJ 3 days ago love it. Smooth shifting. Quick shifting. No jerking. No problems.... other than one thing... my wife. I didn't exactly share this purchase with her and pulled into the driveway with it. The fact that she is 8 months pregnant didn't help either. I took delivery with it having 7 miles on it. Its now listed for sale with 75 miles on it... very disappointing but my loss is someone else's gain.

If anyone has any questions about the process to have your slingshot converted or how its working for me, that's why I set this up. When I was doing my research I wished there was someone I could talk to that had it done - so please don't hesitate to ask.

• I wanted to share with everyone that I took delivery in NJ of a brand new 2018 SLR with an Automatic conversion done by Cycle Springs Power Sports in Clearwater FL. Very smooth process. They kept me updated all along to way. They only use GM parts and brand new transmissions from GM (not used or rebuilt ones as other companies out there do). They were a little more expensive but based on the issues I read about the other companies that offer this conversion, I wanted it done right. I had it shipped up to NJ 3 days ago love it. Smooth shifting. Quick shifting. No jerking. No problems.... other than one thing... my wife. I didn't exactly share this purchase with her and pulled into the driveway with it. The fact that she is 8 months pregnant didn't help either. I took delivery with it having 7 miles on it. Its now listed for sale with 75 miles on it... very disappointing but my loss is someone else's gain.

If anyone has any questions about the process to have your slingshot converted or how its working for me, that's why I set this up. When I was doing my research I wished there was someone I could talk to that had it done - so please don't hesitate to ask.

Glad you made it over.....

• 65 no kids. Have had and do still have (some) motorcycles, boats, cars etc.

Never once have I let girl fiends or wife influence if or if not I could have a particular toy and I have been married less than five times.

• I had a client who had always dreamed of owning a large sail boat. Over the years he shared this dream with his wife and she told him she hated boats. Time went by and as he approached retirement he decided that it was time. He figured he would get his dream boat in a nice slip down in the San Diego area and that in time his wife would become more open to it and if nothing else even if she wouldn't go out on the water they could at the very least stay on it on weekends and sit on the deck in the harbor and enjoy the great sunsets with a great view. Well he bought his boat if memory serves it was over 40 foot and he got his slip in the harbor in a perfect location, but as far as his plans were concerned that was it. His wife refused to even set foot on it. He tried and tried for over 2 years just to get her to come down and spend an evening enjoying cocktails on the deck and she refused - she said she had told him she hated boats and that she wasn't going to have anything to do with his damn boat

he ended up selling the boat with the slip both at a huge loss - no point in it if he couldn't enjoy it with his wife

not sure if there is any lesson to learn here, all of us are different and are wives are all different, but personally I would never make a major purchase without discussing it with my wife, its not that I need her permission or anything like that, it just that we are a team in everything we do and as such it just wouldn't feel right without her input..

As to the OP, just out of curiosity how much are you asking for the Slingshot?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• What a shame...I'm all for communicating with wife up front BUT she doesn't seem the least bit concerned about his feelings. He should have kept boat and used it without her. Other option, instead of dumping boat, dump wife. We only get one shot at enjoying life.

• What a shame...I'm all for communicating with wife up front BUT she doesn't seem the least bit concerned about his feelings. He should have kept boat and used it without her. Other option, instead of dumping boat, dump wife. We only get one shot at enjoying life.

I wonder if she really shares anything else in his life? OTHER THAN HIS MONEY!

• I wonder if she really shares anything else in his life? OTHER THAN HIS MONEY!

well, he decided she was more important than the boat and they stayed together until his death so who am I to question his choice. As a side note she had told him for years that she hated boats and didnt like the water so it isnt like she didnt warn him

• Sorry that you have to get rid of it, looks great.

I'm asking $36,000 which is less than what I paid last week. This was a lesson for me. Many times in the past I have made larger purchases (not as large as this) without talking it over and its always an eye roll and then she gets over it. This time - not so much. And I could have fought it and kept it and stood my ground - but its not worth it. If I can't enjoy it with her and I can't pull into the driveway without an argument - its no fun. She sucked the fun out of having it so whats the point. She said its not a money thing and its not because it was a secret - its because she doesn't think its safe. She even told me to go sell it and if I really want something fun as a 2nd car to go get a Z4 or a 3 series convertible. She wants something with doors and airbags. So when it comes down to her saying that, how can I argue? She wants me to stay alive. Now if she said its the money or the fact that I didn't tell her ... thennnnn I'd have to stand my ground haha

• Over the years I have learned not judge other peoples relationships - I have known couples who fought like cats and dogs and seemed like they wanted to kill each other who have been together for years and would actually kill for each other and I have known couples who seemed and acted like long life best friends who would cheat on each other at the drop of a hat - - - all people are different and every relationship is a unique thing that can only be judged by those living it.

JMO

• Thru out my life I've just always bought toys and brought em home , without advice from anyone........I believe she knows if she wants me to get rid of any of em I might leave with em all ! So 26 years later she just leaves me alone ....besides always telling me how she wished I would treat her like I treat my bikes......really......really.....lol

• I made some videos of me driving it today... I'm having a hard time getting them uploaded here. If anyone wants me to email them just let me know.

for videos I want to share here I have found it easiest to simply upload them to youtube and then link the address here.

• Over the years I have learned not judge other peoples relationships - I have known couples who fought like cats and dogs and seemed like they wanted to kill each other who have been together for years and would actually kill for each other and I have known couples who seemed and acted like long life best friends who would cheat on each other at the drop of a hat - - - all people are different and every relationship is a unique thing that can only be judged by those living it.

JMO

Kinda sounds like you're describing some of my ex-wives... 🤠

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.