How to remove seat bottoms?

• If you have stock seats don’t take out the 4 bolts on the back of the seat. Leave it together and just remove the whole seat. Four 15mm bolts on the bottom frame of the driver’s seat and three 15mm and one 16mm (PITA) bolt on the side of the passenger seat base. You can actually get it with a 5/8” wrench.

• Thanks everybody, got it done thanks to the advice. Now going to install the DDM master cylinder brake stop so the brakes don’t feel so spongy.

Make sure you don't make that brake stop too tight or your brakes will be engaged at all times even with your foot off the pedal.

Ask me how I know that one :/

• Well mine was not all that tight but I did loosen it up a bit. Everyone knows my rotten luck.... the set screw was just grabbing in and the head snapped off. Honestly I had not tightened it all that tight yet. Well it's in there now, and I'll have to periodically check that nothing is moving. That's a tight spot to try to drill the screw out.

On another note, one reason for taking my seats out today is that I got the Underground Auto transmission tunnel covers and floor mats. Really nice quality but I'm so flippin' pissed off!!!! The back has sticky stuff like rubbery tar. And on top of that is glossy paper that must be taken off to install.

Taken off.... ha. It friggin does NOT come off. It is stuck to the tar like glue. The passenger foot rest which was the smallest piece took me over and hour to peel. The driver's transmission tunnel took me about 3 hours to peel. Tar (probably toxic!) all over my fingers and under my nails.

I called them and I could tell they know it's a problem. They just said to keep it in air conditioning when peeling. Ya well it WAS.

So I put one of them in the freezer for an hour. Helped a slight bit. Took me 2 hours to peel the other transmission tunnel cover instead of 3.

Still have more to go tomorrow.

Ridiculous. Absolutely stupid.

• From what I gathered it's basically dynamat...

• Good God man!?!?! How much did you torque it down?

I tightened it down German... Guud en tight.

Did that in Maggie Valley and took it for a drive up the mountain. Didn't make it 2 miles and my brakes were smoking, pulled off the side of the road and let them cool off, made it back to the DDM tent and loosened them back up.

wjfyfe I did Bleed my brakes we well and that did made a night and day difference, but I could still see more when I added the bracket.

It really reduces the pedal travel making the feel more direct.

• Not that this is a brake brace thread but was mentioned...

Try it for yourself wjfyfe

With the hood raised and with an assistant.

Take a look at the master cylinder and reservoirs.

Have your assistant press down on the brake pedal a few times...

Watch your master cylinder move forward and up.

That's the plastic firewall flex.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Airoutlaw, in my opinion, if it is a chronic occurrence of having to press on the brake pedal hard enough to cause extensive flex under normal braking, then I would recommend getting the brake system serviced, we are having no braking issues with our SlingShot sans brace. The brakes on our SlingShot are compatible with our other vehicles with manual brakes.

Bill

• wjfyfe

No catastrophic chronic brake occurances here.

My brakes work fine.

Was just explaining the flex of the master cylinder under normal braking and the reasoning for the brace.

That flex adds to the mush of the pedal at limit versus a solid wall mounted cylinder.

And that's not my opinion, but experience.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Airoutlaw, in my opinion, if it is a chronic occurrence of having to press on the brake pedal hard enough to cause extensive flex under normal braking, then I would recommend getting the brake system serviced, we are having no braking issues with our SlingShot sans brace. The brakes on our SlingShot are compatible with our other vehicles with manual brakes.

Bill

You don't have to press very hard to see the flex, so just go try it out in your sling with someone to help.

It's amazing how much it moves under a light touch on the brakes.

• Please people, I am not here to argue, I was just trying to help by sharing with the OP that our experience has shown us that when properly serviced the brakes have been doing their duty as required with absurdness without concern or complaint, where adding a brace would be an unnecessary expense.

Bill

• And some people are all for saving money, not caring they may be saving their life when and if they have to use their brakes really hard. If you ever used your brakes really hard! YOU WOULD REALLY KNOW THE DIFFERENCE