Polaris Dealers will teach you to drive a stick

• Driving a stick is not a problem...

It's the crack in the sidewalk.

That's the problem!

You hit that baby and it drives the stick back into your chest.

Didn't drive a stick much after that...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Well that answers the question we all keep wondering about. Dosen't sound like an automatic is in the plans for the near future....and that is very sad if it turns out to be true... I know most of yall dont care about owning an automatic. But we all care about the future of the Slingshot brand. We all know how much that would boost the sales of the Slinsghot.

Yall can read between the lines on this next paragraph. I'm sure yall are sharp enough to know why I would take a full day and really dig into the weight of every part that makes mine an automatic..... I'm talking about even weighing each quart of fluid....

I can definitely tell yall that the weight is not the reason they haven't made an automatic... They can take a Slingshot off the assembly line and make the appropriate changes to add the 5L40E transmission and the necessary bits such as the transmission cooler, fluid, controller and lines. It will still be under the 1750 weight limit.

I will share a picture to kinda give yall an idea how serious we got during the process of the investigation of how much weight it would add. This is what a base slingshot weighs.

And if your wondering the grand touring weighs 1680lbs. So even after you add fluids and make the change to the transmission you will still be under the 1749lb limit.

So let's just hope this sales gimmick is not a indicator of the future automatic slingshot.

• Not busting your (expletive deleted) but could you get another weight breakdown with a driver in the seat to see how that changes the balance?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• rabtech , I was actually thinking this is kinda hinting at an automatic coming... So, they want existing inventory to be purchased, but people need to drive stick. They teach stick, people buy, then automatic is released. Maybe some people upset, but they can just trade in... Win-win.

Maybe?

• rabtech I think they are coming. Delayed possible but coming. Polaris know they should of had this sooner than later. Just hope for them it's not like the SlingShade roll out...

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• When I got the SS the wife said she was going to get lessons to learn how to drive a stick because I told her she was going to LEARN on this SS. I then saw the article on Polaris teaching riders to drive stick for free for the month. I was sitting next to her when I saw it........ I was about to say something and then I hesitated. I told myself that if I tell her about this, I would then realize the exact moment when I made the decision to have my wheels get curb rashed, make-up all over the interior, trash in the SS, paint scrapes, dings, etc. I decided to keep the information to myself. I will more than likely tell her about it, so I can have her help drive on longer trips, but I just hate the way she drives and she never stays focused which scares the pants off of me. She drives sooooo cautious that she will cause a accident from other motorist trying to get around her. I have no issues driving long distances, so I may just keep this info to myself.

Be safe and God bless!

• When I got the SS the wife said she was going to get lessons to learn how to drive a stick because I told her she was going to LEARN on this SS. I then saw the article on Polaris teaching riders to drive stick for free for the month. I was sitting next to her when I saw it........ I was about to say something and then I hesitated. I told myself that if I tell her about this, I would then realize the exact moment when I made the decision to have my wheels get curb rashed, make-up all over the interior, trash in the SS, paint scrapes, dings, etc. I decided to keep the information to myself. I will more than likely tell her about it, so I can have her help drive on longer trips, but I just hate the way she drives and she never stays focused which scares the pants off of me. She drives sooooo cautious that she will cause a accident from other motorist trying to get around her. I have no issues driving long distances, so I may just keep this info to myself.

How sad that you think of your wife so, :( I trust Justina more than I would trust most any guy, from operating a bicycle, a farm tractor, to an 18-wheeler! In fact, it was Justina that rode our SlingShot off of the showroom floor! :thumbsup:

Bill

• Yeah well, it's good that you trust Justina in such a way....good 4 you, as you should. Same way u know your wife, the same way I know mine. My wife has a history of not caring and tearing up tires and wheels on her and my previous/present vehicles........ so yeah, I may or may not let her drive the SS because I drive 99% of the time EVERYWHERE we go and I know deep down that she really doesn't have a desire to do it anyway.

Be safe and God bless!