Cracked Center Light Repair

• When I got home from Homecoming event I found that I had apparently taken a rock to the left center headlight.

I looked up purchasing from Polaris dealer but was shocked to find the price was $249!! The sticker was still on the light tube and showed part number (Hella) 1AL00999802. Looking this up you can purchase from other uses for about $150. I only needed the front glass so in looking up 90mm Hella lights I found one on ebay for $19:

The lens is a thick glass but is glued into a hard plastic housing. Was fairly easy to carefully cut up the plastic housing with a dremel and remove the glass. As the installed one was already cracked, a hammer and screw driver got that glass out with no problems. Cleaned out the old glue and put a bead of silicone glue into the housing and set the glass.

• Smart. I went through this exact same thing a couple of years ago and didn't think about ordering a new lense. I think I ordered a whole new light for like $60-$70 somewhere.

Can you run them without the glass, so they look like the newer Slingshot model center lights? Might save a bunch of money and hassle for others with the same issue if they can be run that way...

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Smart. I went through this exact same thing a couple of years ago and didn't think about ordering a new lense. I think I ordered a whole new light for like $60-$70 somewhere.

Can you run them without the glass, so they look like the newer Slingshot model center lights? Might save a bunch of money and hassle for others with the same issue if they can be run that way...

Wish I could have just ordered the lens. I wound up buying a new but completely different Hella light that shared the same 90 mm lens as the earlier Slings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hella…f82ec2:g:5iEAAOSw5UZY~4o0

You could run them without lenses but would have to break other lens to look right and it still would look funky as the internal focusing lens is recessed in the tube.

• Wish I could have just ordered the lens. I wound up buying a new but completely different Hella light that shared the same 90 mm lens as the earlier Slings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hella…f82ec2:g:5iEAAOSw5UZY~4o0

You could run them without lenses but would have to break other lens to look right and it still would look funky as the internal focusing lens is recessed in the tube.

That EBay rice is pretty good. Amazon sells that same light for over twice as much.