help - - new noise

• Would a throw out bearing only last 20,000 miles? - - - I have listened to a few youtube videos of bad throw out bearings and none of them sound anything even close to the sound I am getting -

A wrench day would mean an appointment with the dealer dont have the skills to do it myself

fortunately if this does turn out to be I do have the extended warranty

Way more than a wrench Day at the dealer.....more like drop it off we’ll call you...

• Throw out bearing is what I was thinking, I have had them go out within a year under 20,000 miles not on my SS but my 3000gt eats them like candy.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Throw out bearing is what I was thinking, I have had them go out within a year under 20,000 miles not on my SS but my 3000gt eats them like candy.

Ride home yesterday and then back out to work this morning and its been silent. even sat and let it idle with the clutch mashed and nothing. At this time I see no point in worrying about it. Even if it is the first sign of the throw out bearing going I am not going to take it in until its doing something I can demonstrate to them - - last thing I need is take it in and have it sit there only to have them tell me they cant find it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Edward Neal one thing that I learned a long time ago is to use the throw out bearing as little as possible. At red lights I put it in neutral and keep my foot off the clutch. I don't rest my foot on the clutch pedal when driving. Changing the throw out bearing is a bi#%h on the Sling for sure.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Ride home yesterday and then back out to work this morning and its been silent. even sat and let it idle with the clutch mashed and nothing. At this time I see no point in worrying about it. Even if it is the first sign of the throw out bearing going I am not going to take it in until its doing something I can demonstrate to them - - last thing I need is take it in and have it sit there only to have them tell me they cant find it

I agree just keep a eye out because if it is throw out bearing it can lock you in gear eventually. Been there done that. It is a fix you can do yourself if needed.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Edward Neal one thing that I learned a long time ago is to use the throw out bearing as little as possible. At red lights I put it in neutral and keep my foot off the clutch. I don't rest my foot on the clutch pedal when driving. Changing the throw out bearing is a bi#%h on the Sling for sure.

well, hopefully this will turn out to be nothing, but if it does not that is what the extended warranty is for - I am covered until 2022 and it even pays for the rental car :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Edward Neal , just for future reference, SS doesn’t have a throw out bearing per se. it has a hydraulic clutch actuator assembly. You can’t replace just the beating. It is $232 on Polaris Parts Monster.

Bearing is on the end of this assembly. Not like old school levered throw out bearings.