Just Installed the Pedal Max.............WOW

• The old one was returned and the new one is shipping direct to us from JMS this time. :thumbsup:

How will you know it wasn’t “doctored?” one off the shelf would be better. Personally I wouldn’t trust any results good or bad knowing they now know what it’s going to be used for...if they read the forum or someone tipped Them...

The length of time it’s taking to get it makes me even more suspicious...

Just my thoughts...

• How will you know it wasn’t “doctored?” one off the shelf would be better. Personally I wouldn’t trust any results good or bad knowing they now know what it’s going to be used for...if they read the forum or someone tipped Them...

Just my thoughts...

I may kick myself for asking but what the hell do you mean by "doctored"?

• How will you know it wasn’t “doctored?” one off the shelf would be better. Personally I wouldn’t trust any results good or bad knowing they now know what it’s going to be used for...if they read the forum or someone tipped Them...

Just my thoughts...

Honestly, Bigdog doctored to what? Make the throttle operate more quickly? First, if they could make their product better, don't you think they would just make their product better for everyone, not just the potential reviewer that might show up someday? And what better way to piss off a bunch of customers at once than give an obvious tester/reviewer a product that performs better, or different than what you sell. Someone must have done something really bad to you for you to think the way you do. Breath deep and think happy thoughts Bro! The world is NOT out to get you!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Honestly, Bigdog doctored to what? Make the throttle operate more quickly? First, if they could make their product better, don't you think they would just make their product better for everyone, not just the potential reviewer that might show up someday? And what better way to piss off a bunch of customers at once than give an obvious tester/reviewer a product that performs better, or different than what you sell. Someone must have done something really bad to you for you to think the way you do. Breath deep and think happy thoughts Bro! The world is NOT out to get you!

Stranger things have happened......

Do you mean to tell me he’s still waiting for one to come directly from the factory? I could have had China make me one...

I won’t be able to prove anything funny and without an actual random control sample neither will anyone else...

I guess this didn’t piss off any customers....

https://www.caranddriver.com/n…diesel-emissions-scandal/

• I consider a vehicle manufacturer creating software that fools the regulator's emissions tests on millions of vehicles and an after market manufacturer fooling Dave@DDMWorks on a simple device that either does or doesn't accelerate throttle performance apples and oranges.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Not related to the slingshot my wife Mercedes CLA250 used to have WICKED lag off the line, so bad we have almost been hit several times pulling out of our neighborhood because you floor it all the way and the damn thing just whistled dixie for a moment or 2 before it moved...slowly.

Reading the Mercedes forums a ton of people recommended this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D…190_232586610_TE_3p_dp_i1

to remedy the issue.

While it's not the same unit as the pedalmax I "Assume" it functions the same way. Since I received this last week and installed it I am a believer. I set it to the second to the highest setting and the car no longer has any lag. Now when you floor the car the traction control kicks in almost every time at full throttle (never did this before).

Now I am not saying her car is any faster because it isn't, but I can say I know what full throttle is and no matter how far I pushed my foot into the floorboard her car couldn't get out of the hole to safe its life now it moves instantly.

Just my thoughts...

The first one we purchased was through an Ebay seller and we had to follow the steps to return it since it was not working correctly. That return process takes a little bit of time, about a week, then we were out of town for about 5 days. Once the return went through, we ordered through JMS direct this time, however it was not ordered under "DDMWorks", but instead under an employee's name here. I guess what I am trying to say is that I doubt we will receive anything other than an off the shelf unit.

• Well, some of us have that issue when we hit throttle and engine sputters until we let back off and punch it again and it goes like normal, I wonder if this would hurt or help that issue...?

Mine has done that since brand new and have had many flash upgrades as I improved engine add on’s and it’s still there

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Well, some of us have that issue when we hit throttle and engine sputters until we let back off and punch it again and it goes like normal, I wonder if this would hurt or help that issue...?

Don't know. Lets wait to see what Dave comes up with after testing his unit.

I actually checked to see if PedalMax made one for the Mercedes and they didn't (would have been nice to actually test their unit).

As my SS sits currently it's pretty violent off the line and I have a hard time modulating throttle in first to keep from blowing off the rear tire so given the results of my wifes car I'm pretty sure I would wrap my sling around a tree if my throttle response increased 10 fold.

• I consider a vehicle manufacturer creating software that fools the regulator's emissions tests on millions of vehicles and an after market manufacturer fooling Dave@DDMWorks on a simple device that either does or doesn't accelerate throttle performance apples and oranges.

I wonder how this would work WITH an ECM tune?

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• JoeF. when was the last time you had the re-flash? Mine would just about die and fall on its face every once in awhile when on some spirited shifting. Bob came out with an updated tune late last year. I have not had that or the hung revs since.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• JoeF. when was the last time you had the re-flash? Mine would just about die and fall on its face every once in awhile when on some spirited shifting. Bob came out with an updated tune late last year. I have not had that or the hung revs since.

I think DDMWorks did the last flash when I got Cams last year.... I need to ask I guess if they ever had the fix for that, hate when it happens, usually people around and it sounds crappy!!

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• And yes, when it falls on it’s face..... that sucks!

I got pretty good at catching it a quickly letoff and punch it again but it still kind of a bummer

Yeah it sounds like you need the improved tune. I think when Bob got my ECU he flashed it and sent it back on the same day.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

Mine has done that since brand new and have had many flash upgrades as I improved engine add on’s and it’s still there

My gas pedal needed replaced because in 5th gear doing 70+ if I pushed the pedal to the floor the SS slowed (bogged) down....if I let off it would start to gain speed...dealer replaced it under warranty....all is good now...

I believe there are 5 sensors in the accelerator pedal....could be any one of them or a combination.....

• My gas pedal needed replaced because in 5th gear doing 70+ if I pushed the pedal to the floor the SS slowed (bogged) down....if I let off it would start to gain speed...dealer replaced it under warranty....all is good now...

I believe there are 5 sensors in the accelerator pedal....could be any one of them or a combination.....

I had a similar issue. At 35 mph in fifth gear I would mash the gas pedal to the floor and the darned thing just would not pull up that 6 percent grade. Then I woke up from the dream I was having about flapping fenders and all was good.:evil::evil::evil:

LC

Flame suit on......