Just Installed the Pedal Max.............WOW

• All good but going through sling withdrawals :( sent my ecm out for tune and Canada post are complete idiots with holding it at the border both ways. 4 days going it sat in customs in Toronto and now on the way back it arrived in Toronto on June 30 and was just released from customs last night and says will be delivered on Monday. Hell I should have walked there it would have been faster

• All good but going through sling withdrawals :( sent my ecm out for tune and Canada post are complete idiots with holding it at the border both ways. 4 days going it sat in customs in Toronto and now on the way back it arrived in Toronto on June 30 and was just released from customs last night and says will be delivered on Monday. Hell I should have walked there it would have been faster

Could have driven over to ZZP --- probably 3.5 hours or so from you>>>>

• This is starting to sound like the thread on cleaning plastic with lemon pledge. Think it has been talked out.

What say you?

JUST SAYIN

I was done after Murder After Midnight 's first post. He bought it, installed it and really likes the results. What more needed to be said and why must his impressions be scientifically justified and/or proven? Good enough for me...

One final thought. If I was considering this I would want to ride in a Slingshot equipped with one to form my own opinion. I'm not really interested in a bunch of voltage/idle/lag time/blah/blah numbers. Doesn't mean anything to me. The OP's description does.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• People love taking heroin, but I don’t want to test drive it. I formed my opinion from others horrible experiences and related deaths. I’ll sit that one out.

Even if his foot was mashed on the gas the knob still increased the RPM.

You keep telling us that The knob increased the RPM.

Raining like hell here.

• I was done after Murder After Midnight 's first post. He bought it, installed it and really likes the results. What more needed to be said and why must his impressions be scientifically justified and/or proven? Good enough for me...

One final thought. If I was considering this I would want to ride in a Slingshot equipped with one to form my own opinion. I'm not really interested in a bunch of voltage/idle/lag time/blah/blah numbers. Doesn't mean anything to me. The OP's description does.

yep that simple and thanks. I even offered wolf a ride(a member that is close to me)....not sure what else could be done? Some people will never be happy??

• Got it installed this evening I'll give it a road test tomorrow. The unit isn't the hard part of the install. Mounting and running the wires took longer. Reaching the firewall from the footwell isn't easy, glad I have long arms.

• Just a quick update - We did get some base throttle to pedal position readings with a stock ECM, then did the install of the PedalMax, which was super easy to do. However, we are having an issue with our unit and looks like a replacement will need to be sent out. Then we should be able to get some good before and after tests complete.

• Just a quick update - We did get some base throttle to pedal position readings with a stock ECM, then did the install of the PedalMax, which was super easy to do. However, we are having an issue with our unit and looks like a replacement will need to be sent out. Then we should be able to get some good before and after tests complete.

Looking forward to your assessment Dave. Was the device something you purchased or was it gifted from a supplier/mfg.? Just curious.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Decided to test the pedalmax at 0, 50, and 100 percent. I ran a few of my local rides in sections set at all three settings.

A twisty parkway was first. At 0% was my normal fun run. At 50% I found a noticable difference in throttle response, no lag coming out of the turned. At 100% it was good but not much different in the curves however it was a little to aggressive at launch from stopped.

Did some passing on a two lane road at all three settings. Accelerating at highway speed with the Max was noticeably quicker.

For spirited driving I think the Pedalmax makes a difference in throttle response. I'll leave it set at 50% for a while. During my ride today I did notice that it appeared to return to idle faster with the Max on. I occasionally have a rev hang when stopping but didn't have any today with it on.

Overall it makes the throttle crisp and I like the feel better than stock.

I'm still going to get some hardware to mount the unit and wires better. There's just not a good way to zip tie in that location. A couple small screws and wire hanger should fix it. BTW if you're short and fat the install might be a problem. Lucky for me I'm tall and fat, long arms help.