Just Installed the Pedal Max.............WOW

• Brilliant! Thanks Dave, for doing the independent research that helps folks here make informed choices about their mods.

To be clear, I have no dog in this hunt, I'm not a vendor or developer, but I am a scientist. I stick to what I said earlier, if testing shows that the product is valuable and does what it claims in the performance enhancement department, it can only help their sales and build a loyal customer base.

I'm looking forward to seeing your results!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Brilliant! Thanks Dave, for doing the independent research that helps folks here make informed choices about their mods.

To be clear, I have no dog in this hunt, I'm not a vendor or developer, but I am a scientist. I stick to what I said earlier, if testing shows that the product is valuable and does what it claims in the performance enhancement department, it can only help their sales and build a loyal customer base.

I'm looking forward to seeing your results!

Same here, we do not sell these, but we do have all of the equipment to actually read what it is doing. I am sure that the debate will continue even after we test it, but at least we can get some facts on what it is doing so we can answer all the people that ask us also. :thumbsup:

• Same here, we do not sell these, but we do have all of the equipment to actually read what it is doing. I am sure that the debate will continue even after we test it, but at least we can get some facts on what it is doing so we can answer all the people that ask us also. :thumbsup:

I can do the same in the software we use to tune the track ECM's throttle response to the riders preference, track conditions, or add multiple throttle profiles available at the flick of switch for the teams I work with who run fly by wire so while I believe I can predict your results I look forward to your evaluation and appreciate you spending the time and effort ...

.... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I’m still not removing the for sale sign on my slightly used bridge.

I have been wrong only once in my lifetime......it started on the day I was born and hasn't ended yet.

The idle max is not the same as a tune.

If I set my idle speed to 10,000 rpms standing still....what happens when I pop the clutch and mash the gas pedal?

Wow look at the increase in performance...as I burn tire down the block.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_and_mirrors

• This should be very interesting and eye opening for all of us, thanks dave for taking the time to test it.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Seeing as how redline is at 6,250 rpm I'd say you dodge flying pistons…=O

I was using poetic license...

So where’s the guy with the idle (pedal) max

With it set on 30-40 where is it idling? How many RPMs?

This will answer all our questions and concerns....

One question and one answer.

I noticed in the video there was never a shot of the instrument cluster....just smiley...because he got a free one.

• Just a little food for thought.

A guy posted on bookface about his slingshot going full throttle when he was coming to a stop with the clutch in. He shut the key off right away and it was okay when he restarted. A few blocks down the road it went full throttle again while he was shifting gears. Found out a day later he had the pedalmax installed the weekend before.

This is the only rev issue I've read about, but damn..

A guy posted on bookface about his slingshot going full throttle when he was coming to a stop with the clutch in. He shut the key off right away and it was okay when he restarted. A few blocks down the road it went full throttle again while he was shifting gears. Found out a day later he had the pedalmax installed the weekend before.

Some people with the Pedal Commander on their trucks had the same issue which is a real bummer, as I was contemplating it for my truck. It is a small percentage of owners, but risk reward takes a big hit in my book.

It would be less dangerous in a manual as you can press in the clutch. None the less annoying and inconvenient.

When working properly, many, many people love them(according to reviews).

You saw the video....what happens if you already have the motor floored and you accidentally bump the knob to 100%? Sounds like a red line situation and at what speed will you be traveling. If you’re already doing 70 mph. And idle max tricks the computer into thinking you want to go full bore....so how much higher can the gas pedal be tricked if you already have it floored?

Pedal to the floor = 100%

Plus now idle max just went to it’s 100% = you’re out of control 200%

• Am I the only one who thinks you are wearing the clutch out exponentially? If the rpms are increasing from idle at a much faster rate and you are still moving/engaging the clutch at the same speed as usual doesn't that mean a lot more wear on the clutch for little gain in acceleration??

Sounds foolish to me unless you are happy to replace clutches a lot.

• read the whole damn thread, point of house keeping....... IT IS RPM....... NOT RPMS. The measurement is revolutions per minute, NOT revolution per minutes. Kind of kin to a hot water heater or a front windshield or breaks instead of brakes. Just pisses me off.

Had my wine and drugs, going to bed.........

LC

• read the whole damn thread, point of house keeping....... IT IS RPM....... NOT RPMS. The measurement is revolutions per minute, NOT revolution per minutes. Kind of kin to a hot water heater or a front windshield or breaks instead of brakes. Just pisses me off.

Had my wine and drugs, going to bed.........

LC

Wow, really you are bitching because I am off with my use of RPM vs. RPMs. You didn't even bother to bless me with your incredible knowledge of all things proper and educate me on whether such a mod would wear out the clutch faster and yes I did read the whole damn thread hence the question to begin with. Did I use the proper term for clutch and wear correctly???

The fact that so many liked your response makes me question the maturity level of your fans.

And here I was thinking that this forum of slingshot owners would be happy to answer questions such as clutch wear for such a mod etc only to instead decide to have hangups on use of vernacular. At least answer the question posed before ridiculing the poster.

• RPM or RPMs? ATM machine? Attorneys General or Attorney Generals (and how do you even abbreviate Attorneys General, anyway)? Yes, one version is technically correct, but folks still understand what's being said. I have my own triggers that sometimes set me off when I see them, but Life's too short to constantly be blowing a fuse over what essentially are relatively small things.