Just Installed the Pedal Max.............WOW

• Damn, went through the entire thread to see what DDM came up with and here it is in November with no update. I'm thinking that the only throttle control necessary was my right foot, but want to see what they come up with.

• I ended up removing my pedal commander - - it absolutely does cut throttle lag, and its a fun thing to play with, but for my style of driving the only really practical impact it was having was increased rear tire wear - - If my slingshot was a weekend road warrior I would have kept it installed and probably really enjoyed it, but with my Slingshot being my daily driver and 90% of my riding around town in daily traffic it just seemed to make things less relaxed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Damn, went through the entire thread to see what DDM came up with and here it is in November with no update. I'm thinking that the only throttle control necessary was my right foot, but want to see what they come up with.

Sorry, been super busy and totally forgot about this, I'll have to find my notes on to get the exact values, but from memory - The 2 units did respond differently though, the Pedalmax simply skewed the throttle position linearly. The stock gas pedal in the Slingshot has about 2" of travel where we measured. Stock the throttle opening rate is relatively linear with the travel of the stock gas pedal. As we adjusted the Pedalmax, basically the throttle would reach fully open at a shorter and shorter travel of the gas pedal. One setting reached full throttle opening with 1.5" of gas pedal travel, the next setting reached full throttle opening at 1" and the most aggressive reached full throttle opening at .5". The Pedal commander changed the entire curve of the response of the throttle opening in a non-linear way. With the pedal commander the throttle never reached fully open until the gas pedal was all the way pressed down all the way. What it did though was create non-linear responses in the gas pedal to throttle opening. With the more aggressive settings on the pedal commander, the throttle might open to 75% open with only .75" depression of the gas pedal, then blend out to 100% opening with the remainder of the travel of the gas pedal. The Eco mode, basically reverses this ratio and opened the throttle much slower with the depression of the gas pedal. Neither device adds any power at all though, just changes the correlation of the gas pedal travel to the throttle opening.

• Sorry, been super busy and totally forgot about this, I'll have to find my notes on to get the exact values, but from memory - The 2 units did respond differently though, the Pedalmax simply skewed the throttle position linearly. The stock gas pedal in the Slingshot has about 2" of travel where we measured. Stock the throttle opening rate is relatively linear with the travel of the stock gas pedal. As we adjusted the Pedalmax, basically the throttle would reach fully open at a shorter and shorter travel of the gas pedal. One setting reached full throttle opening with 1.5" of gas pedal travel, the next setting reached full throttle opening at 1" and the most aggressive reached full throttle opening at .5". The Pedal commander changed the entire curve of the response of the throttle opening in a non-linear way. With the pedal commander the throttle never reached fully open until the gas pedal was all the way pressed down all the way. What it did though was create non-linear responses in the gas pedal to throttle opening. With the more aggressive settings on the pedal commander, the throttle might open to 75% open with only .75" depression of the gas pedal, then blend out to 100% opening with the remainder of the travel of the gas pedal. The Eco mode, basically reverses this ratio and opened the throttle much slower with the depression of the gas pedal. Neither device adds any power at all though, just changes the correlation of the gas pedal travel to the throttle opening.

Thank you for putting up the results and proving definitively that the commander or max do nothing to add horsepower, only the illusion of it. I understand that there are those out there who will want to increase the sensitivity of their gas pedal and that's cool. I am not one of those and since it doesn't unlock "hidden power" I'll just continue to use my foot and save 300 bucks for other things.

• Thank you for putting up the results and proving definitively that the commander or max do nothing to add horsepower, only the illusion of it. I understand that there are those out there who will want to increase the sensitivity of their gas pedal and that's cool. I am not one of those and since it doesn't unlock "hidden power" I'll just continue to use my foot and save 300 bucks for other things.

It also creates a uncontrollable problem on crooked mountain roads if you happen to be one that pushes the limits. Been there and done that. I have tried to inform people about this problem.

• It also creates a uncontrollable problem on crooked mountain roads if you happen to be one that pushes the limits. Been there and done that. I have tried to inform people about this problem.

I didn't have any issues on mountain roads, but I also dont push it that hard, having said this I can see where the touchiness of the higher settings of the commander could easily cause problems

• Thank you for putting up the results and proving definitively that the commander or max do nothing to add horsepower, only the illusion of it. I understand that there are those out there who will want to increase the sensitivity of their gas pedal and that's cool. I am not one of those and since it doesn't unlock "hidden power" I'll just continue to use my foot and save 300 bucks for other things.

I don't believe anybody stated it made any extra power hp. The facts are it make a huge difference in response. I have the pedal max by the way.....

• I don't believe anybody stated it made any extra power hp. The facts are it make a huge difference in response. I have the pedal max by the way.....

faster throttle response may not give more power, but it does give the power you have faster - - this may or may not be important to everyone, but it can make for faster times in distance racing and also when needing to get around other traffic

just look at professional drag racing - - most of those races at the highest levels are not won because the car is faster, they are won because the driver has faster reactions and can get the car off the line a fraction of a second quicker - - faster throttle response does the same thing - if you hit the gas and have to wait for the throttle to start moving that will make you slower than if you dont have to wait

of all of the other mods out there the one I would compare it to the most would be my short shift kit - - it doesn't add any power, but it does make shifting faster which allows a person to get back on the gas a fraction sooner which could win a race - - - and also like the commander it can also just be fun 8o

• It also creates a uncontrollable problem on crooked mountain roads if you happen to be one that pushes the limits. Been there and done that. I have tried to inform people about this problem.

That probably has more to do with driver skills not knowing the limits of their machine and it's capabilities than anything else.

• I have one and love it!!

I probably can't drive worth shit!

I'm in parade mode most of the time. Lol!!

It just makes it sportier I should say.

I always thought the throttle was on 3 second delay.

No more with this thing!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• That my friend is where you are wrong. Ask me how I know and there is no out there that drives harder in the mountains than I do. NUFF SAID!

Again whatever you experienced has nothkng to do with the PMax. Maybe you should of gotten used to the systel first before going berserk in the twisties. It is in the beginning different and takes some getting used to but after that I dont see how it csn interfere with absolutely anythi. Mountains or track or street it doesnt matter.

• Again whatever you experienced has nothkng to do with the PMax. Maybe you should of gotten used to the systel first before going berserk in the twisties. It is in the beginning different and takes some getting used to but after that I dont see how it csn interfere with absolutely anythi. Mountains or track or street it doesnt matter.

In Florida you are driving on mostly straight FLAT roads ... much different that driving in the mountains. I have driven in both and the PMax or any of these items take the control away from the driver and put in control of the computer. Letting the computer control your driving can be very costly. I lost a beautiful 2004 Lincoln Town Car using cruse control. Did not see the 'black ice' --- I was lucky only lost the car and a little time, the wife and I were not hurt. Had I had control I probably could have worked my wasy out of the problem. Once the computer takes over there is NO taking it back. FunCycle has over 100,000 miles on his Slingshot and most of those in the Mountains and any of us who have ridden with him over the last 5+ years will tell you he is ONE of the best at handling a Slingshot in any condition/place.

• Again whatever you experienced has nothkng to do with the PMax. Maybe you should of gotten used to the systel first before going berserk in the twisties. It is in the beginning different and takes some getting used to but after that I dont see how it csn interfere with absolutely anythi. Mountains or track or street it doesnt matter.

Believe me it does and that is all I have to say on the subject and I hope no one get's hurt with it.

• Right now mine is living in a dresser drawer and I am not missing it at all so I think I am safe 👍

i-H4shfP3-X2.jpg

At some point down the road, unless I change my mind and decide to reinstall it, I will probably give it to someone who wants it for their Slingshot - - - pay it forward

• I have had my Pedal Commander for a little over a year. For me, I love it.

The manufacturer claims “Eliminate your throttle lag with 4 different modes, with 9 settings each. A total of 36 different modes to choose from to fit your daily driving needs”.

My opinion……It delivers on those claims. Each user can customize pedal response to their own liking. If you like the way your throttle response is from the factory, well no need to even purchase any of these units.

For those that think that they can just mash the pedal harder and quicker to achieve the same results …… I had the same thoughts until I decided to give one a try.