Binoculars experience

• Binoculars are essential for hunting - surpassed in importance only by your rifle. It goes without saying (even though I'm saying it) that you cannot ever take a game animal without first finding it, identifying the species, and confirming that it is legal to harvest. While most hunting weapons are equipped with a high power scope, the field of vision in a scope is narrower than that of a good set of binoculars. That, coupled with the weight and relative awkwardness of holding a rifle steady at your eye for prolonged periods of time make the binoculars much more versatile and easy to use for scanning for game. There is also the even more important issue of safety. It is inevitable that you will train your optics on another human at various points in time as you look for game. Maybe their movement or color of clothing caught your eye and you want to see what it is, or maybe you just came across their location by chance. Either way, if you are looking through your scope, you are now pointing your high-powered rifle directly at another person which is absolutely unacceptable! Another advantage of high quality optics in finding game is to provide the detail necessary to identify what, exactly you are looking at. You can spend hours looking at a stump, waiting for it to move because the color, shape or configuration looks like it could be an animal. A set of binoculars can quickly determine if the object of interest is hair, bark, rock or whatever it is. Keep in mind that it is much more common to see only a part of a game animal and not the entire thing, at least here in the dense Pacific NW woods. If these glimpses of a leg, ear or antler are overlooked, your game spotting success ratio just plummeted. A good set of binos will turn hair into hair and that is invaluable. As my eyes have aged, my binoculars have increased in importance to me and I will return to camp from long distances if I discover that I have left them behind.

There are a multitude of choices for binoculars and you can spend exorbitant amounts on them if you choose. For a new hunter I would recommend a quality set of 8 or 10 power (I choose 10) sporting binos with a decent field of vision (or view), which is the width of the area you can see. Go with a name brand manufacturer like Nikon, Vortex or similar and avoid the knock-offs or cheapo brands. You can expect to spend $200-$300 for such a set. If your pockets are deeper (than mine) then you can look at Swarovski or Leica and the price can easily be from $1,500 to $3,000 or even more.

I hope my long winded answer is useful aroniro , you have hit on a subject I am passionate about and love to do.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• This is my latest pair, 60x100's. They're kinda big, 25 inches long, 14 inches wide, over 15 lbs. They require a special 60 lb tripod, 6-ft tall with 24 lbs of counterweights. You can change the magnification from 15x to over 100x by swapping out the eyepieces. The twin 4-inch objectives gather LOTS of light! Nothing hides from these bad boys!

Great for hunting galaxies, faint nebulae, small features on the Moon, dust storms on Mars, rogue moons around Saturn, and other such critters. 🤠 They'd be great for hunting squirrels... or moose! But they're kind of a bitch to pack into your camp site. Better budget for a couple of sherpa guides to help with your gear!

In case you're wondering, the price including tripod, lenses, filters, & case was about $4500.

The binos themselves were just $1600... a real bargain!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Seen any nude moon rocks? :POKESS:

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Seen any nude moon rocks? :POKESS:

Astronomy is great.... no other class lets you get academic credits for playing in the dark with your friends!

Giant binos and telescopes are also a great way to make friends, set one up and it's like a party in a box - everyone wants to have a go! (Kind of like the Slingshot!)

Slingshots rarely make your neighbors as uncomfortable as big binoculars do!

"Why yes miss, they CAN see through curtains... why do you ask?"

🤠

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I think binoculars are necessary tool for hunters. It helps to find and identify animals. I have Canon 15×50 binocular. Canon 15x 50 is binoculars arrived with excellent optics and a stabilized image and literally changed the picture for handheld magnification. So I think it is enough for me for hunting. Review i found here https://opticzoo.com/canon-15x50-is-binoculars-review/