ACTIVE Group Buy - ECM Tune from Mefi Bob for NA Slingshots

• [quote='Orangeman','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7935-active-group-buy-ecm-tune-from-mefi-bob-for-na-slingshots/&postID=273733#post273733']

It's also good when vendors are classy enough not to invade a post about another vendor .....

angel-squared

[/quote]

Touché. You make an extremely good point. My apologies.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• if it was on the Vendor forum then I think it would be bad form but a post in an open forum that just states a fact is not really bad, now if he goes and spams every open thread for no reason that is a different story.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Not sure what I missed in here, but this isn't a Vendor thread. Feel free to speak your mind and know that comments won't get deleted, as it should be IMHO.

Below is the OG video of Bob's initial NA tune with the data being listed in the comments of the youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXuAcOP96kc

I went to bat for everyone way back in the day to secure a group buy for his tune. It is $400 for Forum Members and details can be found in the link on the first post by the OP. Bob verified that the deal will still be honored, so I thought it was a good practice to help people save some money.

In my opinion Bob is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else when it comes to tuning Slingshots and is still probably the only person that can tune ECMs for every year of Slingshot. He has probably spent several hundred hours tuning Slingshots since late 2014 when they launched. Getting a tune is like getting a haircut, pretty much everyone can "do it", but only a small percentage actual do a good job.

Speaking of throwbacks, here is a picture of my old Slingshot (just sold it) when it was bone stock in late 2014. Enjoy the savings and enjoy your Slingshot!

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• What Slingshot parts do you have? (I caught a rock on my left/center hella headlight on way home form Homecoming)..thx

Rims and tires mainly. But here is a quick snapshot of what I am trying to find a good home for...

My Niche setup shown in my picture...

- 18x8 fronts with Nitto 555 tires

- 18x10 rear with Nitto 555 tires (tires is pretty worn, but new owner can upgrade to a 305 size)

My wide and sticky track setup...

- 18x9.5 stock base model rear rims for fronts with Toyo R888r tires

- 18x12 Forgestar to match fronts with a Toyo R888 tire

Also have a new 305/35/18 Toyo R888 tires (they were discontinuing these, so I bought a spare for my track setup)

Have 2 extra base model front 17x7 wheels with Nitto NT01s tires

2016 SL LE 20x9 Black stock rear rim with the stock Kenda tire - basically new

Stock 5 speed transmission with a couple of hundred miles on it

OEM clutch kit with around 8-10K miles on it

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D