What are the pro's/con's of 20/22/24" aftermarket wheels?

• Let's talk aftermarket wheels. What are the pluses and minuses of 20" vs 22" vs 24"? If I am planning on regular driving/taking trips and occasional "spirited" driving then what is the preferred set up? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a set of 22" wheels but wanted some feedback from others that know more than I do. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

• More wheel = more weight = harder to control (accelerate/brake).

That being said, I have bought 20" for the front and 22" for the rear. Still waiting for them to arrive (5 weeks!).

Additionally, generally larger wheels have smaller height tires. Thus it's not as good for ride quality or handling.

Get the larger wheels for cruising/show. Get the smaller wheels for go. (Hey, I'm a poet and didn't even know it!)

• Welcome leeinmemphis. I have 22's all the way around, Ferrada FR1's on Pirelli P Zero Nero GTs, 255/30ZR on fronts, 305/25ZR on rear. No nanny control issues, have no complaints with handling or ride quality, (I do have Accuair Digital Air Suspension). I push mine hard in the twisty's, these tires stick! Bought tire/wheel package from Mitch RevDynamics, as well as my air ride.

• I'm running 22's all the way around. Have the Twist Dynamics double adjustable coilovers. I really don't think I would have done the wheels without the suspension upgrade. I haven't noticed a huge difference in the handling...but the overall comfort level was substantially different until I dialed in the suspension. I have tracked he slingshot on the 22's, this includes autocross and circle track. I think if you plan on doing this...I would stay with 20's. But honestly...the look of the 22's are perfect. Most of the ones I have seen on 24's look cartoonish.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I have 20" in the front and a 22 rear and yes it has small amount of sidewall to them but, as for the ride, it is a little rougher with potholes and road but handling I hit standard corners at the lights at 40mph and don't have an issue. it handles fine. wife doesn't like me doing that but I like it. again, it is a rougher ride but looks awesome doing it lol

• To me, the biggest drawback to lager tires/wheels is the generally higher costs and lack of choice compared to smaller diameters. Of course, this may change as more manufacturers offer more product, assuming the trend to bigger is better continues..

I will definitely agree with that. I have been looking for 295/30/22's and there aren't many options available. I will probably have to find something close but not the same thing if I am looking for better traction.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...