2020 DAYTONA BEACH BIKE WEEK March 6-15

• Being new to SOG I would like to throw this out for discussion.

Two years ago we went to Daytona Bike Week and had a blast. We saw only about 20 or so Slings there but still met some great people. Polaris had their ride set up at the speedway and the local dealer was showing off the slings also. We were treated well by the bikers with no problems, most of the questions came from "older" bikers who wanted to keep the wind in their face.

Are their any SOG members who would like to go to this event so we could plan dates, times, meet ups and rides. I know this is early but lets talk about it. Might even get Polaris and the Slingshot Club involved.

Your comments please.

Jamesgn

• It's been years since I was at Bike Week in Daytona because the local cops were so bad everyone started going to Ormand Beach instead.

Hell, I was on a Hayabusa and they still welcomed me with open arms in Ormand. Has Daytona gotten any better in the past 6 years? If so, count me in as well.

• It's been years since I was at Bike Week in Daytona because the local cops were so bad everyone started going to Ormand Beach instead.

Hell, I was on a Hayabusa and they still welcomed me with open arms in Ormand. Has Daytona gotten any better in the past 6 years? If so, count me in as well.

I've gone 4 times in the last 6 years and have not seen any abnormal issues with the police in Daytona.

If there's a Sling get together, count me in.

• I do not know about now, but many years ago they had more of a problem and arrest with college students during spring break, than they ever had with bike week. That info was from a police man and he even told me the numbers of arrest to back it up.

• I've made it every year since 1984. Of coarse living only 25 miles away helps some. I do have to balance between gas or MOD money on some days. Personally I prefer Slingtoberfest... er... Biketoberfest, sorry. Can anyone spare a 1/2 gallon of gas, please. My lawn needs cutting. See Y'all in March.

• As mentioned is anyone going to group up at Biketoberfest this year? Any particular area Slings might be hanging around? Haven’t been since I sold my Harley, so maybe it’s time👍

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)

• If this Hurricane stays on the same course that it's on now, the may not be a Biketoberfest. The last hurricane that hit this area two years ago had 18 inches of water on Beach Street and closed the local businesses for a long time. Now this one is going to be a Cat 4 and slowing down? Expect to have 24 inches of rain and 135 mph winds. It's going to be a mess. Sure hope they are wrong on this one

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• ....I just cancelled my hotel reservation on international speedway for Biketoberfest.....I'll keep my eye on this thread for Bike Week 2020 ......I usually go to Biketoberfest every year ( on my Harley ), less people, same vendors, more riding to be done.......but I usually ride down to Daytona from my house (17 hrs) or take Amtrak from V.A. to Florida BUT with Amtrak not allowing Slingshots on the train , looks like if I want to get it down there ( and I do ), I'll be riding it, so we'll see.....

• We are all booked. We will trailer our slingshot.

Departing Austin on Monday March 9,2020

Stopping over night in Biloxi, MS at Harrah's

Arriving at Daytona Beach on Tuesday 10 March

Departing for home on Friday 13, Mar.

Is anyone interested in joining up with us for the trip?