• Not for meat...

We have armadillos (leprosy carriers), Bob cat (dog killers) cougars (man & livestock killers), black bears (giant trash pandas), raccoons (lesser trash pandas), moles, rodents, Copperhead and Water moccasin snakes, giant Chocolate Tarantulas, and giant banana spiders...

(PS: no disrespect to our own giant speed panda!)

If they stay away from the Captain & the dogs, no harm, no foul. If they invade the house or molest the family - bye-bye! 🤠😘

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Me, I don't understand why someone has to go out and kill a Animal .....When you can get all the meat you'll ever want or need at the Supermarket....

?(......

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I am interested in hunting but I am still newbie in it. I have already bought some equipments for hunters like gun, binoculars for deer hunting. I found cool review about it and decided to buy that device

If you are new to it, highly recommend you go take a safety class on firearms at a minimum. Local Cabelas or the like will have them available.

• I am interested in hunting but I am still newbie in it. I have already bought some equipments for hunters like gun, binoculars for deer hunting. I found cool review about it and decided to buy that device

Marksmanship is important in hunting, but woodsmanship is essential . I would get a compass and a GPS and learn how to use both . Study some basic survival techniques to be able to survive a night in the woods if you do get lost . Know how to make a fire and carry fire starter . Always carry a flashlight and extra batteries or an extra flashlight. The most important thing is to enjoy the woods and make it home.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• My hunting, these days, it limited to the squirrels that raid my bird feeders.

0.17 Crossman air rifle. 3” grouping at 35 yards. Just have to dispose of their little corpses.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• My hunting, these days, it limited to the squirrels that raid my bird feeders.

0.17 Crossman air rifle. 3” grouping at 35 yards. Just have to dispose of their little corpses.

Well according to some of my older neighbors Squirrel and Rabbit were the key ingredients in Brunswick Stew back in the day. Apparently somewhere along the way it changed to port and chicken.

Why waste good ingredients?

https://whatscookingamerica.net/Soup/Brunswick-Stew.htm

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Edited once, last by MACAWS ().

• Well according to some of my older neighbors Squirrel and Rabbit were the key ingredients in Brunswick Stew back in the day. Apparently somewhere along the way it changed to port and chicken.

Ate plenty of these critters in my youth!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

If you been using honey to catch fly's instead of vinegar , Dead squirrels will work much better, Especially in the summer...:thumbsup:

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• To stinking expensive in Texas. No public land to hunt on so you have to do a lease or have a good buddy who owns lots of land. They don't really hunt down here, they feed the deer and pigs all year long so all you do is sit in a blind and when they come to feed...BLAST EM from 50 yards or less.

• Well according to some of my older neighbors Squirrel and Rabbit were the key ingredients in Brunswick Stew back in the day. Apparently somewhere along the way it changed to port and chicken.

When I was in school they provided a lot of my protein. I was pretty good with a Ruger #3 in 22 Hornet.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

When I was a teenager for Christmas my grandmother would give me a pair of socks and a 50 count box of .22 bullets. She also told me not to shoot them in the head cause she loved the brains with her scrambled eggs. She was a tough old lady. She was born, raised and stayed in West Virginia dirt poor, She delivered 12 children at home during the depression years. She learned how to use every thing on an animal. Nothing went to waste. I learned a lot from her hell she even dipped Bruton’s Snuff. Tried it but didn’t like it.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• My earliest memories of hunting with my grampa was rabbit hunting. We were walking back along field edge and came up to an area that had old vehicles and junk and he told me to go kick around and see if I could scare one up. I had an old single shot 22 short. So I was about 8 and I figured before I kicked one up I would have a quick look , and low and behold there was one tucked back in a corner. I basically stretched out my arm and shot it point blank. Grampa was furious with me as I didn't give the rabbit a chance to run lol 😂 Grandma was happy as we had dinner. I learned a lot from my grampa but that one still to this day brings a smile to my face.

Here at home I have my own hunting paradise, right in the middle of farm land I own 60 acres with ponds and woodlot that hold monster whitetail and turkeys. I have multiple stands that keep me comfortable and allow me to sit high and dry all day. I hunt for relaxation and make sure that our freezer is always stocked but don't believe in taking more than you need no matter how big. Not animal that is on my bucket list is elk. Most hunts I see are just way out of reach for my budget but you have to have a dream. Oh and as my nick name says I was a professional goose guide for many yrs but got burned out chasing them from September to march for many yrs. I seen so many geese I have no desire to hunt another