Look boys and girls a four-wheel slingshot and it only costs....

• lol......the price......lol....look at that price!! Something tells me this development effort went by the wayside a few years ago.

Add another carcass to the pile....tanon invader, t-rex....and now this. Polaris and Vanderhall are burying the high-end 3-wheel niche market that could of, should of. Something tells me that the grim reaper is eyeing the can-am 3 wheelers. Well at least the high-end $30k trim variants.

• I love my slingshots but I will be the first to admit that you can't compare them to one of these bad boys.

Total different machine and not even remotely for the same market that the slingshot is designed, also just so you know this has been out for way longer than the slingshot, the xbow came out in 2008.

It truly is a weekend track car.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I love my slingshots but I will be the first to admit that you can't compare them to one of these bad boys.

Total different machine and not even remotely for the same market that the slingshot is designed, also just so you know this has been out for way longer than the slingshot, the xbow came out in 2008.

It truly is a weekend track car.

The atom I get as a dedicated track car but the xbow really does look like a rich man's slingshot to me with one extra wheel. The video showcases it as a street driver. I know those are Australian dollars but the price is way too high to me for a 0 to 60 in 4 secs car considering it's so bare boned. No windshield, no roof, no power steering etc etc.

The Vanderhall edison (another open air vehicle) which is predicted to have the same 4 second spec won't be more than $40k and will have more creature comfort and one less wheel than the xbow. The current vanderhalls have 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds times. Sure the xbow handles better for racing with 4 wheels but at that price you are better off going with a real race car. I just converted the list price to US and it's over $100k. Come on, at that price you are better off getting an old Tesla Roadster, used bac mono or any high-end traditional performance car (porche, BMW etc etc).

I don't know I guess because I am of the mindset of never paying a premium for a corvette (all I see is a status symbol) or experiencing the race track lifestyle (never appealed to me) so I will never see the intrinsic $100k+ value of this KTM xbow.

I must correct myself in thinking this brand will die out thanks to the affordable and fun vanderhalls and slingshots. Clearly this brand is aimed for the race track crowd who look down at the slingers and vandies as poor man toys. :P I am proud to be a poor man (fully retired for over 5 years).

• It won't die out, it has a very strong following, anyways that car is aimed at the same person who would buy a ferrari,lambo, amg or mclaren, at that price point is not a bang for you buck mentality but how exotic and glamorous can you make it.

Where the slingshot is made out of plastic that is mainly made out of carbon fiber(at least the one I have seen).

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• It won't die out, it has a very strong following, anyways that car is aimed at the same person who would buy a ferrari,lambo, amg or mclaren, at that price point is not a bang for you buck mentality but how exotic and glamorous can you make it.

Where the slingshot is made out of plastic that is mainly made out of carbon fiber(at least the one I have seen).

I know this... we were on PCH in Malibu bumper to bumper by the Ocean Club AKA the belly of the beast on Sunday. Surrounded by crazy high end cars and we got everything and more of what we SS’ers always get; waves, thumbs up, and many a rolled down window asking all the usual questions.

We didn’t expect this kind of reaction when we bought - we just thought it was cool and would be fun. But this “cheep” ride gets more attention than vehicles 10 times its price. But that is just a bonus- this contraption is everything and more of what we got it for- FUN! 21k miles in a little over a year. What an unexpected pleasure this has become.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• The crossbow and the ariel atom are both nice track cars. There is a new model of atom coming in march that one of our members is getting since he sold his slingshot.

I think Gary is on an 8 month wait for his 4S? He was really going back and forth between doing a full build on the slingshot and doing a 4 wheel conversion... I think he will be happier with the Atom. I know I considered a used Atom...decided on doing the 4 wheel conversion. I really can't wait to see how much difference there is in the 3S I drove versus the 4 wheel conversion.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I am sure he will like the new atom, but the cost will be as much as two v8 slingshots with quad kits. I have been looking at the quad set ups and think it would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• I know this... we were on PCH in Malibu bumper to bumper by the Ocean Club AKA the belly of the beast on Sunday. Surrounded by crazy high end cars and we got everything and more of what we SS’ers always get; waves, thumbs up, and many a rolled down window asking all the usual questions.

We didn’t expect this kind of reaction when we bought - we just thought it was cool and would be fun. But this “cheep” ride gets more attention than vehicles 10 times its price. But that is just a bonus- this contraption is everything and more of what we got it for- FUN! 21k miles in a little over a year. What an unexpected pleasure this has become.

I know exactly what you mean. Before buying the slinger and my new LEAF E-plus I could have easily bought a new Model S or high-end corvette but I just can't in good conscience do this. I love getting the most bang for my buck when it comes to my purchases (big and small). It's all about being anal when it comes to efficiency of resources in all things for me.

To me the slingshot is flat out the most bang for the buck when it comes to fun and looks. I drive it twice daily to get my dogs to the park (godsend because the white fur of my terrier was polluting the crap out my brand new Nissan's black interior. I have owned the SS just over 3 weeks and have almost 2k miles on it. Just this morning I thought I was going to take the dogs to the park (3 miles away) and return home but I just wanted to keep driving it. This is nuts, I never had such a strong desire (after 2k miles) to drive with the other vehicles in my life (I have owned a Trans-am ram-air WS6, YZF 600 and 2004 Celica back in the day).

Typically after the honeymoon wears off I minimize the drive time to conserve the wear on my vehicles. Something tells me I won't be doing this with the SS. The bonus is because of reasonable price, once I pay it off next year I will be able to minimize the insurance and have no guilt letting it sit in my garage and collect dust because I know I won't be pouring hundreds of dollars down the drain in insurance and property tax as I continue to own the toy. I would not have this luxury with a model S or new Corvette. Yeah sure they would be my main everyday car but still expensive for daily use and of course depreciating dramatically as I ;put the miles on.

With the SS, it's the perfect toy to use and use knowing full well you will get your money's worth in the end. I really hope I can compliment it with an electric Vanderhall or <gasp> trade it in for an electric slinger in a few years.

• Welcome to the party neostar - It is a fun ride for us as well.

We looked at the SS because we were not able to put down the miles on the motorcycle like we used to. We LOVE to tour. The SS got our attention because we could stay in the wind and have a ride that makes us want to get out like the bike. The attention you get in this thing was very unexpected for us. Comes with age I guess but the SS has never been about $$ or flash for us - it keeps these "kids" on the road and out of the house! We feel blessed to be able to still do it.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Welcome to the party neostar - It is a fun ride for us as well.

We looked at the SS because we were not able to put down the miles on the motorcycle like we used to. We LOVE to tour. The SS got our attention because we could stay in the wind and have a ride that makes us want to get out like the bike. The attention you get in this thing was very unexpected for us. Comes with age I guess but the SS has never been about $$ or flash for us - it keeps these "kids" on the road and out of the house! We feel blessed to be able to still do it.

Yeah, I have to admit, I knew this slinger would grab some attention and comments but the amount was higher than I expected. The absolute best attention I have gotten so far that can't be beat and was not from a human but a dog.

I am cruising (without my dogs) down a residential street heading to a friend's house as I am slowing down to make a turn I see this dog next to his owner near the corner just chilling out. Once he sees and hears me he switches to a pouncing stance as if he just laid eyes on a metallic beast and is ready to defend his owner with his life. I haven't laughed so hard....truly the best compliment you can get from man's best friend.