Aftermarket Rims

• While attending the Maggie Valley event this year , which was my first major event, I got to see a lot of nice Slings, Mods, and meet a lot of nice people that are passionate about the Slingshot community. While I was trying to take it all in, one thing ( except for the Quad conversion) stood out to me. A set of aftermarket rims changed the entire look of the SS and made it more personal to the owner. With that being said, I believe this is my next mod. My question is, I have a rear fender and don’t want to go any wider on the rim for fear of rubbing issues.(and I want to keep the rear fender) I want to put a 20”x9” ,which is what’s on the rear of my SL now ,rim/tire package on the front and rear. Will the same size rim/tire package on the front cause any issues, like rubbing, turning issues, handling issues or flash any codes up? etc. Any advice before I make this purchase would be helpful.

:SUNSETSS:

• This is a great website for checking sizes, you can compare the before and after and get an idea of how much bigger it's going to be. If you have a Discount tire, they are great to work with.

For putting a bigger wheel/tire up front, you have to either test or take a gamble. I went with 17" rims all the way around, 10.5" wide on the wheel, and am able to have a 315/35R17 tire all the way around. It rubs slightly if I cut the wheels all the way, so I just don't cut all the way.