So what are the real world top speed and 0-60 numbers?

• A common question I am getting with my new slinger is how fast can it go. So for those that have attempted to find out for themselves, how fast can it go (safely)? My concern is due to it's light weight and flat profile I can see this thing actually leaving the ground after a certain speed and hard enough bump. Since my days of "need for speed" are far behind me, I have no desire to see what the limits are so I am curious what others have achieved. My guess would be 115 mph before aero stability becomes an issue with the 3 wheels.

Also, I keep reading about the the slinger doing 0-60 in the mid 5 second range but I have yet to see any video proof. I would love to know if anyone knows for certain what the 0-60 numbers are for stock and also what improvements have been attained through turbo mods. I find it interesting to read about 270-300hp attained on a dyno but no mention of 0-60 numbers. I suspect that single rear wheel can't convert the extra horsepower to propulsion at the start to significantly make an impact for 0-60 numbers.

• I can't speak for the 0-60...unfortunately boosted, traction is a bigger issue than it should be... But top speed...I have been able to get a hair over 135mph with no real issues. The back road I was on was a little less than flat so I let off...but I feel 145+ wouldn't be out of the question considering there are Slingshot owners that have been getting 140mph range in the half mile.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I can't speak for the 0-60...unfortunately boosted, traction is a bigger issue than it should be... But top speed...I have been able to get a hair over 135mph with no real issues. The back road I was on was a little less than flat so I let off...but I feel 145+ wouldn't be out of the question considering there are Slingshot owners that have been getting 140mph range in the half mile.

Nice! My official answer to the question will now be 135mph. Thanks!

• The guy that did this 0-60 test had a huge negative bias towards the slingshot (ducati riders can really be stuck-up, just watch the whole video to see) but 0-60 in just under 7 seconds?? Come on. My new nissan leaf can do that time @ close to 4000lbs with 200hp.

Not surprised by the poor handling performance around the track though. Common sense would tell you that with only having 3 wheels.

Surely there are better numbers out there...right?

• I have a 2018 SV with Tech package...and I think it would be right around 7 seconds. I think the official tests show 7.4 seconds with the 40kwh battery. But...the electric torque could be really messing with me. lol

• the problem with 0-60 or 0-anything with the Slingshot is the lack of traction having only one wheel putting down the power. Using a calculator like this:

0-60 calculator

the power to weight of the slingshot would indicate a 0-60 time of well under 5 seconds, but because of the single tire you are going to spin much of that power away before you get moving.

Personally I think 0-60 times are very over hyped. How often in real world driving (not racing someone) is 0-60 important. I really wish that they would use a standard like 20-70 or something that would be more representative of entering a freeway or 50-80 for passing.

Oh well - as to top speed I have hit 100 a few times passing, but I have not been in a place where it would be safe or legal to see how much faster it would go

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have a 2018 SV with Tech package...and I think it would be right around 7 seconds. I think the official tests show 7.4 seconds with the 40kwh battery. But...the electric torque could be really messing with me. lol

Actually I own the E-plus model. The 62kWh battery allowed the nissan engineers to fit a more powerful motor (~35% more power/torque I think compared to 40kWh model). Nissan did this so that the new model could go toe to toe with the Bolt. I still think that the Bolt is about .5 seconds faster 0 to 60. Some more worthless trivia for you, the maxed out SL trim actually loses about 15miles of range because of extra weight compared to the lower trims. So far very pleased with the efficiency (4.1 mi/kWh avg after 800 miles of use).

You can see my LEAF in the background of my profile pic, all jealous because all she is doing is acting like a glorified stereo boom box while I wash/mod/pamper my slinger every other day in the garage :)

This is my 2nd leaf and I swore off gas vehicles 5 years ago (never again I said) until I saw the damn slingshot in action. Damn toy pulled me back into the stinky gas/oil world again. I will be buying the Vanderhall Edison a few years from now once I get my current stuff paid off.

• neostar I don't the current fastest 0-60 but on TDS there are drag strip posted by alpha and Hahn from back in the early days and there is a sub 5 second 0-60 by alpha NA automatic sling.

It is very likely that the current top dogs can do better but I haven't seen a drag trip slip posted saying so.

As far as top speed the current world record is held by rabtech @144? Mph on a 1/2 mile and he has 500hp.

None of those numbers include quad convertions.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• 0-60 is just a handy performance metric to see where your car stands in the pack. I don't expect the metric to mean anything for real-world driving. But then again HP and torque metrics are becoming apples and oranges thanks to electric propulsion.

• My speedometer goes up to 220, it must be able to do that :00002178:

When asked how fast it can go I have actually told people "the fastest I have gone is 100mph so I dont really know" only to have them then ask how high the speedometer goes

when I tell them and they say "wow" I have to wonder if they really believe that means it can go that fast - - seriously, do people really think all vehicles can hit whatever the top speed on the speedometer is?

wow

• Here are some numbers we got from a road course run at Robeling Road

Stock - 115mph - FunCycle - can reconfirm

Super charger - 130 mph - Dave will have to verify that number I am doing it from memory

Turbo - 130mph - looking to beat this number next time out with some modifications we are making.

To qualify all above were on the straight away after a long sweeping 90+ mph turn

Numbers are based on what the Cameras with GPS recorded - not the speedomitor

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My speedometer goes up to 220, it must be able to do that :00002178:

It can attain high speed in vertical velocity, downward...

At terminal velocity, 220mph, you will be pulled over by the laws of physics and disintegrated.

Keep it under 220mph.

Maybe 219mph...

Just to stay legal.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• This is my 2nd leaf and I swore off gas vehicles 5 years ago (never again I said) until I saw the damn slingshot in action. Damn toy pulled me back into the stinky gas/oil world again. I will be buying the Vanderhall Edison a few years from now once I get my current stuff paid off.

I really like the idea of the Edison...but I am eyeing the VW Buzz for my next electric vehicle. We will see what happens. That damn bus has been rumored for a long time.

• Just to be clear the stock 115mph was the best that could be done with the given power of the engine? Or are you limited by amount of straight away etc...?

• I really like the idea of the Edison...but I am eyeing the VW Buzz for my next electric vehicle. We will see what happens. That damn bus has been rumored for a long time.

lol, so was I. But I don't need another electric car, I just want an electric toy. If Polaris did the unthinkable and sold an electric version of the slinger with quiet gearing, I would never even consider the vanderhall.

Still the VW mini-bus concept looks so damn good, too bad VW continues to stall on that one. I might consider trading in the leaf for that one, might.

The pessimist in me thinks that the Edison may not see the light of day just like the Morgan EV. Morgan threw in the towel last year.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/…organ-3-wheeler-ev3-dead/

My concerns with the electric vanderhall (already 1.5 years behind production schedule) or any future attempts by Polaris is battery supply and recharging tech. It's no secret that battery materials are already in short demand and could prove economically impossible for small companies like Vanderhall and medium companies like Polaris in the future. Not to mention the charging tech not being compact enough to offer good recharging times while fitting in a small chassis footprint. Time will tell. My guess is 5 years before we see something viable and supportable by these companies.

• Just to be clear the stock 115mph was the best that could be done with the given power of the engine? Or are you limited by amount of straight away etc...?

from what I have read posted, mostly from members here, the biggest limiting factor iit the top speed of the slingshot is its very poor aerodynamics, It just gets to the point where it might as well be dragging a parachute with its big a$$ front fenders