So what are the real world top speed and 0-60 numbers?

• these things have the aerodynamics of a 12" commercial concrete block.

They literally catch air on every surface. And to make things worse they generate low pressure areas in the cockpit and behind them.

At 133mph I had to add about 5 psi to get to 143.45 mph in the 1/2 mile. A real conservative estimate would be 10hp per psi. So I had to add 50 hp to get another 10mph..... I belive I was at 20.8 psi when I hit 143.

• from what I have read posted, mostly from members here, the biggest limiting factor iit the top speed of the slingshot is its very poor aerodynamics, It just gets to the point where it might as well be dragging a parachute with its big a$$ front fenders

I think DDM did some wind tunnel testing and found the aerodynamics weren't too bad, all things considered.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• these things have the aerodynamics of a 12" commercial concrete block.

They literally catch air on every surface. And to make things worse they generate low pressure areas in the cockpit and behind them.

At 133mph I had to add about 5 psi to get to 143.45 mph in the 1/2 mile. A real conservative estimate would be 10hp per psi. So I had to add 50 hp to get another 10mph..... I belive I was at 20.8 psi when I hit 143.

How ironic that my first guess was 115mph as a top end. I assumed for stability reasons not aero. Still I am happy to quote 135ish when asked since that is possible with a souped-up engine. As for me, I don't care that it isn't super-fast since I will not bother to go above 80 for both legal and comfort reasons.

• Just to be clear the stock 115mph was the best that could be done with the given power of the engine? Or are you limited by amount of straight away etc...?

The straight away was over 1500' long after a big sweeping turn - the only limitation was when you got to the end and had to turn right

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I don't care that it isn't super-fast since I will not bother to go above 80 for both legal and comfort reasons.

BAHAHAHA

That is a good one right there, LOL

I am not a big speed demon either, but when I start going through the gears, 90 and 100 just kind of slip up on you.

Last time I did it, I didn't see a deputy coming at me until I could read the words on his drivers door.

Luckily he didn't come after me.

When he past me I was doing 90.

• Have to admit getting to 80 is pretty easy to do. All the more reason I am surprised to find out the stock aero limit is around 115.

• Have to admit getting to 80 is pretty easy to do. All the more reason I am surprised to find out the stock aero limit is around 115.

I will say it does seem to make it to 100 with no problems what so ever and seems as if it would just keep going, but knowing what some here have done in their efforts to push the limits I have do doubt that when they say what the limits are that they have done everything they could to find those limits

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just to be clear the stock 115mph was the best that could be done with the given power of the engine? Or are you limited by amount of straight away etc...?

You had to come out or thru turn 9 full out in forth gear to get to the 116 mph by speedometer. With the Stickerdick full fenders I could barely make 110, it was just according to how turn 9 was. Hahn CAI --Bob's tune --1320 header and Welter exhaust

• I have had men tell me to my face that they have been 170mph in the slingshot. Not just one person but many have said things like 150 and 155. It's hard for me to look them in the eye when they say things like that....

I understand that what I was doing was achieving 143mph in a short distance of 1/2 mile. And I understand that you can put a stock slingshot in 4th and hit the rev limmiter on an open stretch of road. I get that there is a difference. I even understand that you could take a boosted slingshot and a long downward grade road and run in 5th till the slingshot lifted off the ground.

I'm sure in some case someone has ran way way to fast on a long stretch. But I dont think they broke 135 to 140mph.

• I have had men tell me to my face that they have been 170mph in the slingshot. Not just one person but many have said things like 150 and 155. It's hard for me to look them in the eye when they say things like that....

I understand that what I was doing was achieving 143mph in a short distance of 1/2 mile. And I understand that you can put a stock slingshot in 4th and hit the rev limmiter on an open stretch of road. I get that there is a difference. I even understand that you could take a boosted slingshot and a long downward grade road and run in 5th till the slingshot lifted off the ground.

I'm sure in some case someone has ran way way to fast on a long stretch. But I dont think they broke 135 to 140mph.

Yep, that's the new folks prior to reading the owner's manual.

They didn't realize they were doing kph...

But, 170kph sounds faster than 105mph.:D

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I even understand that you could take a boosted slingshot and a long downward grade road and run in 5th till the slingshot lifted off the ground.

$500 to the first person that gets this on Video. A slingshot doing a Wheelie on one wheel in 5th gear would generate 1.5 million views on Youtube alone.:thumbsup:

• $500 to the first person that gets this on Video. A slingshot doing a Wheelie on one wheel in 5th gear would generate 1.5 million views on Youtube alone.:thumbsup:

Well, it's a good news, bad news situation.

Not fully aware of the situation...

I believe rabtech has already performed this.

Not sure what gear he was in...

And pretty sure it wasn't a true wheelie...

More like...

Misjudged the rise of the hill...

floated the front end over with rearend down.

If I recall correctly...

He had made several passes through the area before his moment.

Reason for no 1.5 million views...

No video.

That's rabtech ! :whistling:

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I had forgot about that.

• I have had all 3 wheels off the ground…. Does that count… Actually I have had 3 wheels off the ground a few times in the mountains on some of the quick rise and fall sections. if you do it right it will settle back down quickly and all you hear is the engine rev up when the rear leaves the asphalt.