New Quadshot here...

• :/

Again I could be wrong about the weight but I remember it being said cause people were questioning how the weight distribution would differ from stock and someone said that it would be getting much better traction because of all the weight added in the rear and someone said that after removing the angle drive and swingarm and what not you add less than 100# when you convert to a quad.

PS It seems like the Fab Factory section didn't make the forum merge, I was trying to find thread but couldn't.

Then I go back to my original statement... 1800 would be amazing. TrakHamr comes in at 1900 with just the 4 wheel conversion. My guess is another 30 lbs, give or take for the turbo kit. Not sure how much difference there is between the G35/Z350 vs the C4 Corvette... but I can't imagine it would be upwards of 100lbs.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

Edited once, last by Br4hm4 ().

• Then I go back to my original statement... 1800 would be amazing. TrakHamr comes in at 1900 with just the 4 wheel conversion. My guess is another 30 lbs, give or take for the turbo kit. Not sure how much difference there is between the G35/Z350 vs the C4 Corvette... but I can't imagine it would be upwards of 100lbs.

I suspect 1800 would be very hard to achieve even without the turbo - Stock Slingshot is 1735 according to the Polaris site - Its an interesting balance to think about. You are losing the swing arm and angle drive weight, but you are gaining additional suspension components, a differential with longer drive shaft and of course the additional wheel and tire. to get to 1800 all of the new stuff can only weigh 65 pounds more that what you take off and I suspect just the tire and wheel get you very close to that

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I suspect 1800 would be very hard to achieve even without the turbo - Stock Slingshot is 1735 according to the Polaris site - Its an interesting balance to think about. You are losing the swing arm and angle drive weight, but you are gaining additional suspension components, a differential with longer drive shaft and of course the additional wheel and tire. to get to 1800 all of the new stuff can only weigh 65 pounds more that what you take off and I suspect just the tire and wheel get you very close to that

That's what I was thinking. I can see 1900 being a real close number.

• I suspect 1800 would be very hard to achieve even without the turbo - Stock Slingshot is 1735 according to the Polaris site - Its an interesting balance to think about. You are losing the swing arm and angle drive weight, but you are gaining additional suspension components, a differential with longer drive shaft and of course the additional wheel and tire. to get to 1800 all of the new stuff can only weigh 65 pounds more that what you take off and I suspect just the tire and wheel get you very close to that

Like I mentioned earlier the weight I stated only applies(allegedly) to this build which had a lot of custom parts, I bet on seats and wheels alone there is at least 80# saving.

As far as info on regular build is like impossible to find anything I just spent a good 30 min searching both forums and nothing.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• IDK much...

But, I hauled all my oem stuff back home from Trackhamr in Michigan.

Troy talked about how the whole Corvette rear-end he uses is aluiminum, light-weight and the whole kit gets carried around his shop with one arm.

Gotta say... The oem stuff wasn't light.. That swing arm and

that noisey, power robbing, right angle drive was some heavy sh¡t!

WW

• That looks fantastic. The quad conversion is growing on me more and more. Is there an approximate price point for these conversions? I assume as more competition shows up and more companies offer it we will begin to see better prices.

• That's impressive. What's the weight, even approximately?

I'm tough but I ain't that tough, not at my age :)

I'll throw yours on the scale when we ship it.

That looks fantastic. The quad conversion is growing on me more and more. Is there an approximate price point for these conversions? I assume as more competition shows up and more companies offer it we will begin to see better prices.

Feel free to call, please see my other post on pricing.

It isn't getting any cheaper any time soon. However it did just get a lot easier!

• That looks fantastic. The quad conversion is growing on me more and more. Is there an approximate price point for these conversions? I assume as more competition shows up and more companies offer it we will begin to see better prices.

Prices range quite a bit...I say this because some of the kits start between $10-13K (depending on the vendor you choose) and depending on the options you go with,..they can really get way up there. Some of the pricing includes install, some don't. I think TrakHamr provides probably the best kit (quality and pricing) on the market...and I haven't even driven it yet. lol. But that gets cured in less than 48 hours.

• Prices range quite a bit...I say this because some of the kits start between $10-13K (depending on the vendor you choose) and depending on the options you go with,..they can really get way up there. Some of the pricing includes install, some don't. I think TrakHamr provides probably the best kit (quality and pricing) on the market...and I haven't even driven it yet. lol. But that gets cured in less than 48 hours.

That’s on my list along with a turbo setup that will never happen...way too much money.

In PA those back tires would have to be covered with fenders. More weight, more money.

• That’s on my list along with a turbo setup that will never happen...way too much money.

In PA those back tires would have to be covered with fenders. More weight, more money.

The funny thing about the weight is...there isn't much of a difference. Especially if you have a turbo kit...you will never notice the difference. The more I read up on the weight and how much the angle drive robs power, I figured the 4 wheel conversion wouldn't be that bad. All things considered...it would still be around 1900 lbs.

• The funny thing about the weight is...there isn't much of a difference. Especially if you have a turbo kit...you will never notice the difference. The more I read up on the weight and how much the angle drive robs power, I figured the 4 wheel conversion wouldn't be that bad. All things considered...it would still be around 1900 lbs.

why does the angle drive "rob power" its a very simple 2 gear setup with no slip. I would think that a differential with its multi gear design and allowable slip would be less efficient

• why does the angle drive "rob power" its a very simple 2 gear setup with no slip. I would think that a differential with its multi gear design and allowable slip would be less efficient

I think it has to do with he gearing itself and the design. Or the ratio of the angle drive (Not sure if the slingshot is 1:1 or higher). I have just read up on a few people that have swapped them out in other vehicles (not just slingshots) where they noticed no difference or better performance with out changes to any other part of their vehicles. It might be due to the change in angle of the drive drain. Not really sure but most of the things I have read is that even the heavier drivetrain is more efficient than the angle drive.

• I think it has to do with he gearing itself and the design. Or the ratio of the angle drive (Not sure if the slingshot is 1:1 or higher). I have just read up on a few people that have swapped them out in other vehicles (not just slingshots) where they noticed no difference or better performance with out changes to any other part of their vehicles. It might be due to the change in angle of the drive drain. Not really sure but most of the things I have read is that even the heavier drivetrain is more efficient than the angle drive.

I know that Kyle D did some testing of the power of a stock NA slingshot here, Truth about Power and on his dyno got 163whp and 165tq. if the HP at the flywheel is 173 hp as polaris gives in the specs then 163 at the wheel is less than a 6% loss - normally with a regular drive train I would expect losses closer to 15%

if in fact the HP at the flywheel is what polaris says it is it would seem the angle drive is very efficient