New Quadshot here...

• Hey all,

Been on the other forum since Spring. Newer owner. Have posted on the other board a bit.

My new SS was recently upraded to a Quadshot Trackhamr by Troy at Trackhamr in MI. Love the way it looks and handles now. Next up, Turbo or SC. Thanks to Wokka for letting me know about this board.

Webby

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/96971/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/96972/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/96973/

• Glad to have you over here Webby. Look at your attachments though, they aren't displaying. I normally throw my images on imgur.com, but I know you can upload as attachment and display here.

Your quad conversion is what ultimately prompted me to spend way more than I wanted to, but I can't wait for it :)

• Damn you Webby....stop following me! lol

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear

• Glad to have you over here Webby. Look at your attachments though, they aren't displaying. I normally throw my images on imgur.com, but I know you can upload as attachment and display here.

Your quad conversion is what ultimately prompted me to spend way more than I wanted to, but I can't wait for it :)

I blame wickedwebby It's all his damn Fault!

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear

• Yeah, that's one thing wickedwebby, I think you'll find more turbos here than superchargers. That may be because the early boosted ones were only turbo with the Alpha's, etc. I'm sure DDM put in a lot of their superchargers, but I just don't see a lot of them posting about it.

Maybe they are ashamed/scared to brag, dunno :)

As always, ask any questions you have!

• Welcome to the light. 😉. I learn something new every visit.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Welcome wickedwebby !!!

And yes wokka , many of us are supercharged. We just don’t feel the need to brag about how easy the install was, how smooth they operate, or how remarkably few issues we have. :00008172:Besides mine and 4 others I helped install I know of at least 10 right off. :00008356:

BTW Wicked, take a look at http://www.slingshotownersgroup.com

• just out of curiosity does anyone know how much weight the quad conversion adds to the Slingshot?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• just out of curiosity does anyone know how much weigh the quad conversion adds to the Slingshot?

If I remember right, the total weight of a converted slingshot by trakhamr comes in right at 1900 lbs...so that makes it about 120 lbs more than a regular slingshot?

CO D12

• If I remember right, the total weight of a converted slingshot by trakhamr comes in right at 1900 lbs...so that makes it about 120 lbs more than a regular slingshot?

I can't remember if it was runman or Shawn (ff) that said in the twin turbo build that it clocked right under 1800#.

It was a very interesting build I wish they had released the final performance numbers, to my knowledge is the only twin turbo

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Welcome... Glad you made the transition from "the dark side" (TDS) to here. It's so much nicer here I haven't posted on TDS for at least a year. :D

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I can't remember if it was runman or Shawn (ff) that said in the twin turbo build that it clocked right under 1800#.

It was a very interesting build I wish they had released the final performance numbers, to my knowledge is the only twin turbo

That would be mighty impressive. Curb weight of the Slingshot is right around 1750lbs. so a quad kit with a twin turbo set up coming in a few extra lbs would be incredible.

CO D12

• I don't know if they used special parts for the setup to make it lighter, not much detail was offered besides a few pics and random bits of info the thread went silent and nothing was ever known about it.

Here is a pic of the sling for those that are new.

• I don't know if they used special parts for the setup to make it lighter, not much detail was offered besides a few pics and random bits of info the thread went silent and nothing was ever known about it.

Here is a pic of the sling for those that are new.

looks like it's still 3 wheels...I would believe that with the turbo kit would add a few extra lbs...a twin turbo kit would probably be around 40-50 lbs so that makes sense.

CO D12

• looks like it's still 3 wheels...I would believe that with the turbo kit would add a few extra lbs...a twin turbo kit would probably be around 40-50 lbs so that makes sense.

:/

Again I could be wrong about the weight but I remember it being said cause people were questioning how the weight distribution would differ from stock and someone said that it would be getting much better traction because of all the weight added in the rear and someone said that after removing the angle drive and swingarm and what not you add less than 100# when you convert to a quad.

PS It seems like the Fab Factory section didn't make the forum merge, I was trying to find thread but couldn't.