Post your milage data!

• Doc&Ruby after reading this I need to check, hell I might be getting 100 mpg as hot as it is here. How bout you Edward Neal or SoCal y’all getting great fuel mileage. We had 105 with 115 index. I know right now my mileage is terrific. I am not riding anywhere.

Y’all have a great day cause I am stuck with cabin fever. Ride safe.

Just Sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I was getting 34 mpg on a 1,500 to 2,000 miles average on trips until I did the Welter Dual exhaust and Bob's tune. Then it dropped to right at 30 mpg. At the beginning when I did the cat delete and the CAI the mileage increased by 4 mpg to the 34 mpg with no other changes.

• Wishful! The best I get is 28 mpg. Perhaps the two barrel bags on the roll bars create drag. Actually, when I think about it I get CSPG ( continuous smiles per gallon) and I can fill up any time I want!🙂 And do!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Doc&Ruby after reading this I need to check, hell I might be getting 100 mpg as hot as it is here. How bout you Edward Neal or SoCal y’all getting great fuel mileage. We had 105 with 115 index. I know right now my mileage is terrific. I am not riding anywhere.

Y’all have a great day cause I am stuck with cabin fever. Ride safe.

Just Sayin

Boomer

I spent 30 years in the low desert in RivCo, CA. I know "hot weather" is a term reserved for above 110F!

All my Slingshot experience is here in the Ozarks, where it gets humid sometimes, but never really "hot"... and compared to -20F winters in southern Wisconsin, it doesn't really get "cold" here, either!

Still, I do notice a significant milage difference from winter to summer here, both with my sling & with my SUV. Not claiming any universal truth, that's just my data FWIW.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Let's put it this way, even before I went boosted, I NEVER got 30 mpg in my sling, if you go fast, you WON'T get good mpg. ;)

Normally for say Slingshots in the Smokies I put between 1,600 and 1,800 miles on the Sling that week. 500 miles round trip on the inter-state at 80-85 mph then the rest of the miles around Maggie and the area driving the crap of the Sling (NA) and was getting 34 mpg for the whole trip, checked many times. I wrote all of that up coupe of days ago.

• 34.8 all the time for 63,500 miles except 26 when doing 80-90 on turnpike. 1320 header, Cat delete, Ingen cai.

Years ago (1972) I bought a new Suzuki 90 motorcycle that got 60 miles to a tank. 10 years later I bought the exact same bike (1972) used that had many miles on it.....it got 90 miles to a tank. The motor must have been really loosened up. 30 miles is a big difference. A well broke in motor made the difference.

• Gas data for the week of Mayhem in the Mountains The total for the gas was 70.617 gallons the total number of miles were 1,970.6 So the gas mileage equals 27.905 smiles/miles per gallon. Now that is the real way you get accurate miles per gallon. Not off of the computer or by the tank full.

• Gas data for the week of Mayhem in the Mountains The total for the gas was 70.617 gallons the total number of miles were 1,970.6 So the gas mileage equals 27.905 smiles/miles per gallon. Now that is the real way you get accurate miles per gallon. Not off of the computer or by the tank full.

yes and no

There is a difference between highway and city.

If that was all highway then you have one stat. If it’s both you have a combination figure. Which is what are computers are giving us.

• yes and no

There is a difference between highway and city.

If that was all highway then you have one stat. If it’s both you have a combination figure. Which is what are computers are giving us.

Bigdog except for that part of this posting was people speculating the onboard computers may be off and trying to see what they are really getting. And they are off a bit for everyone but especially for anyone running anything other than stock injectors. The slingshot calculates fuel economy by injector pulse and it only knows the data for the stock injectors and that cannot be changed. Maybe if you know how to write code but I would need to talk to someone who does write code to see if it is modifiable but its unlikely. With that said, larger injectors pulse slower than the stock injector since they are capable of spraying more fuel. I've calculated how many miles I can go on a full tank doing all highway and I get between 100-110 miles out of a full tank which means I'm getting between 11-12mpg based on a 9gal tank. (Polaris I believe claims 9.77gal) City driving is around 8-9mpg. But I have 160# injectors which are almost 5x larger than stock so they pulse significantly slower than stock. Look below at what my gauges read. According to my cluster, I have the most fuel efficient Slingshot on the planet.

And just to make you all laugh a little, at the last 1/2mi event, I used 13.5gal of fuel and drove 27mi. That's 2mpg.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• . And they are off a bit for everyone but especially for anyone running anything other than stock injectors.

We were actually able to crack this on our latest tunes. The latest supercharger and turbo kits from us have a correction in the hex code that keeps the mpg the same as the factory calibration, even with the larger injectors. It took a little bit of work in the hex to get it done, but super happy that we can report the correct fuel economy now. :thumbsup: