Post your milage data!

Driving contentiously gets me 32-33 mpg (modest acceleration, anticipating stops & corners, obeying speed limits, using 5th gear - and neutral - when possible.)

Yep, now everyone knows why I was so pissed that I got 34 MPG down in Kerrville one day! (I average about 24mpg, maybe a little less now with the tune.)

• I take much the same attitude with strangers.

However, among the brethren, higher milage generally is a good measurement for a well tuned engine. There has also been a fair amount of discussion here as to whether ECU tuning, turbos, or superchargers increase or decrease mileage. I started this thread in order for folks here to post & discuss their experiences with tuning & milage.

From reading about your mileage upgrade with the tune I’m getting more interested in getting mine tuned.....for that and the tighter performance...

It should pay for itself over time...

• Since getting my sling back from DDM, I've been logging data to Fuelly. I've tracked 872 miles so far (forgot to log my first fuel up in SC), almost all of this was highway driving running 75 - 80. Average mpg is 18.7 and my best was 20.1

Keep in mind, this is with the DDM stage 2 turbo, Bob's tune and a quad conversion.

I don't expect my performance vehicles to get good MPG, but this isn't bad. It's on par with my 370z nismo I used to have, and much better than my 01 mustang.

• wokka You thinking about upsizing the fuel tank now? Current would be around 150 miles per tank, right?

I get 120mi per tank highway cruising at 75mph. When I went out with Funcycle, Mcaws, Rabtech, and Ghost I was getting about 8mpg. I carry a 5+gal jug of fuel if I am making long trips and cannot be sure if I will make it to the next station with E85. So far, I have only used it once when riding with those guys. When I went to Maggie I brought a 55gal drum of fuel with me. The longest trip we went on was 120mi but that day with them I went through 15gal of fuel in that 120mi

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• before turbo i had a consistent 25.8 mpg and that was calculated taking miles driven divided by gallons used. After turbo install it dropped to 24.9 same calculations. Recent tune and ZZP stage 2 injectors 27.8. this is running on expressway at 75-80 for a good length of time 100+ miles. For an around town AVG I stay right at the 25 mark.

'It's about the ride not the destination"

• When I gutted the cat +2 mpg

Header and duels +1 mpg since cat was deleted it did not make big as difference but would have been a +3 mpg

Added top - 2 mpg

CAI I did not notice any difference in HP or mpg

Replaced O2 sensor +2 mpg surprise it really made a difference.

70 or lower speeds 26 mpg

70+ normal speed for me 22 - 24 mpg

180 miles a tank average

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I did the cat delete and the CAI at the same time and gained 4 mpg back in 15 or 16. Did Bob's tune and the Welter Dual when they came to Maggie the first time and on the same day and lost 4 mpg. "GO FIGURE"

• Curious about your changing out the O2 sensor.

Did the old one go bad or was this a performance upgrade?

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Curious about your changing out the O2 sensor.

Did the old one go bad or was this a performance upgrade?

I got a code saying it was bad but to my surprise after replacing with one that matched ( it was for a Cadillac I believe). my mpg went up.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I’m starting to question my mileage and why it varies from time to time. My driving style doesn't change much. I hit just over 30 the other day 29 the fill up before that, then back to 26 but I’m generally running 26 all the time. The amount of gas to fill it up varied also. So I’m wondering if the computer at some times is acting differently for some reason. 3 miles per gallon is a big jump.

Does anyone see a big difference between city and highway driving? I do know if I’m on the turnpike doing 70-80-90 it drops. But mine swings every couple months. It jumps up high for 1-2 fillups then back down.

• I’m starting to question my mileage and why it varies from time to time. My driving style doesn't change much. I hit just over 30 the other day 29 the fill up before that, then back to 26 but I’m generally running 26 something. The amount of gas to fill it up varied also. So I’m wondering if the computer at some times is acting differently for some reason. 3 miles per gallon is a big jump.

Does anyone see a big difference between city and highway driving? I do know if I’m on the turnpike doing 70-80-90 it drops. But mine swings every couple months. It jumps up high for 1-2 fillups then back down.

Probably because your not down shifting now, saving your clutch and gas.

Wife and I are touring Yellowstone and Grand Tetons for two weeks. In Yellowstone the top MPH allowed is 45, I just got 32.98 and 36.75 on the last two fillups, first was 150 miles and second was 125 miles. Definitely shows the SlingShot to be a slow milage vehicle rather than a fast mileage vehicle.

LC

• Probably because your not down shifting now, saving your clutch and gas.

Wife and I are touring Yellowstone and Grand Tetons for two weeks. In Yellowstone the top MPH allowed is 45, I just got 32.98 and 36.75 on the last two fillups, first was 150 miles and second was 125 miles. Definitely shows the SlingShot to be a slow milage vehicle rather than a fast mileage vehicle.

LC

I agree. I find that milage is heavily dependent upon two things: speed and weather.

Once I can hit and hold 5th gear (about 45 mph) I hit maximum milage - around 32 mpg. The faster I go above this speed, the more milage falls off. Above 70 mph, I don't get much better than 25 mpg in any weather.

Temperature also plays a role. As they decline, so does milage. Below 70F, I am hard pressed to get above 29 mpg, below 45F, I top out at about 26 mpg.

FWIW, All this assumes a constant driving style, of course. Driving conservatively raises milage as much as 5-6 mpg over aggressive driving. On the "mild to wild" scale, I tend to be more on the mild side generally.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.