Post your milage data!

• So, just got the new SS. First trips, most of which were 125+ miles 1 way to the dealer, had me averaging 23.3 (per the computer). Just turned 666 miles (yes, I know) and I just topped off before driving to Huntsville tomorrow. I wanna see the average mileage over a long trip. Then I'm getting Kyle's tune @ HV and wanna see what mileage I get back.

• No milage or riding for me for a week or so.

On my way to south Florida today. Mom is just out of hospital today (pneumonia and shingles). Going to have to take care of her for a few days, maybe take her to doctor appointments. Can't really see her hopping in/out of Ruby...

Hope to be back in a week or 10 days. ||

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• No milage or riding for me for a week or so.

On my way to south Florida today. Mom is just out of hospital today (pneumonia and shingles). Going to have to take care of her for a few days, maybe take her to doctor appointments. Can't really see her hopping in/out of Ruby...

Hope to be back in a week or 10 days. ||

Take her for a ride it is a cure all. Your mom and the family are in our prayers.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Just got done putting gas and once again my sling demonstrate that she is a guzzler.

heck - if I could get my gas at $3.10 per gallon I would care even less than I do how many MPG my slingshot gets - I gassed this morning and my 91 octane cost me $3.89 a gallon - and at the time I thought it was a pretty good price

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• heck - if I could get my gas at $3.10 per gallon I would care even less than I do how many MPG my slingshot gets - I gassed this morning and my 91 octane cost me $3.89 a gallon - and at the time I thought it was a pretty good price

hahaha and that is Quik Trip Ethanol Free which is the most expensive gas around, I get costco 91(w10% Ethanol) for my DD for 2.8199

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• hahaha and that is Quik Trip Ethanol Free which is the most expensive gas around, I get costco 91(w10% Ethanol) for my DD for 2.8199

we need a like but dont like button - I like your post, but I don't like that in California I have to bend over for our dang gas taxes and stupid special seasonal blends

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• we need a like but dont like button - I like your post, but I don't like that in California I have to bend over for our dang gas taxes and stupid special seasonal blends

Gas prices in California were one of the biggest daily reminders of big government over reach.

Shocked the hell out of me when I came to Arkansas and saw gas was an average of $1.00 per gallon cheaper.

Heck, call this a 35% milage increase (or penalty) depending on where you live!

• Chain, out of curiosity, what stick are you smoking in your sig pic and what are your favorite puffs right now? (Mine: Oliva Nubs and Inferno Melts.)

That is a Arturo Fuente curly head. They are just as good as any of the high priced Arturo's. I love anything by Alec Bradley except the black market. Oliva does make some good cigars. I have a array of cigars. Nothing like a good cigar and a glass of bourbon.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• My last to fill ups resulted in 30 MPG and 26 MPG.

The first one was last weekend riding behind a bunch of Harley’s. We were in a charity ride. 121 miles and 4gal.

Latest was 26 which was all freeway from Knoxville to Huntsville running 70 to 80. 210 miles took 8 gal.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Okay, so some more numbers after our round trip to Huntsville.

I'm pretty sure my speedo/odometer is off by about 5%. It was consistently showing 70mph on the speedo and 74 on the GPS. Additionally, the odometer showed the distance from my house to Decautur hotel was right at 775 miles but Google Maps and GPS said 810. We consistently ran 70-75MPH on the speedo so that was probably 75-80 real world, using the cruise control prob 80-90% of the time

On the trip there, we used 31.6 gals of fuel, always name brand (Exxon, Shell, Buc-ees) 93 octane. Per Odometer, it said the mileage was 775 miles = 24.5 MPG. Google Maps says 810 miles = 25.6 mpg.

On the return trip after the ZZP NA 1.0 tune, we used 34.6 gals of fuel, = 22.4 mpg per odom and 23.4 mpg per GPS. We did have to get 1 tank of questionable fuel at a Shell in Prescott Arkansas, but mileage didn't change on the odom for the following leg. There is some concern that the trip back was also heading into a headwind and we did get lots of rain in the Texarkana area so I will follow up later.

• I have similar issues with odometer and speedometer since I put on a new rear tire. New Cooper tire is r-35, old Kenda was r-30.

Larger tire (2%) make speedometer read low and does the same for odometer.

Each revolution of larger tire travels longer distance. This throws off both readings which are based upon tire revolutions and rotational speed (RPM's). Both numbers will be off by the same amount %-wise. Almost 5% in your case.

• Not to sounds like a douchebag but its great to hear of another person with "poor" MPG like me, I always think there is something wrong with my SS because everyone always claim their's 30+ MPG and I have NEVER seen on mine.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Mine has consistently gotten 21 or so on the highway, figured it was just my lead foot :) I do use the cruise on the highway and run 75 - 80 usually. I can get a lot higher if I go slower. Tooling around on the back roads running 50 - 55, I can get as high as 27 with cruise. Must be the Nascar windshield, TD soft top and WIndRestrictor causing issues. I just buy more gas!