Turbo install needed in Plainfield IL

• is there anyone in the area or close proximity to Joliet that does turbo installs. Also what kind of price should I expect to pay? (ballpark)....I bought the demon speed kit last year with the slingshot and need it installed...any help is appreciated...

• We charge $800 to install our turbo kit. I've seen a fair amount of people have issues with those kits. We would be happy to install it for you but since we have not installed one before, we would just be punching a clock on it. I still THINK it would be in the same ball park as Wokka and I.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• is there anyone in the area or close proximity to Joliet that does turbo installs. Also what kind of price should I expect to pay? (ballpark)....I bought the demon speed kit last year with the slingshot and need it installed...any help is appreciated...

Sorry to say this but everyone who bought that kit when they came out years ago ended up swapping to something else after many many problems.

If I remember correctly the kit was poorly designed, didn't have intercooler and did not need a tune which was ludicrous.

There were several threads about it on TDS, I assume if you search demon speed turbo something will come up, just so you know on what you are getting yourself into.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I appreciate your input very much and will leave it right where it's at (in the box)....I got overzealous after watching YouTube and clicked buttons while tired...once again thank you for your response and yes it's got no intercooler or tuning...

• If it's in the box, I'd put it on ebay for sale, if it were me, recoup some of your cost. We have a couple of good options for turbo and super chargers here from vendors.

I agree with this. I personally think that cutting corners when adding boost would be asking for trouble

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm going to put it on Ebay today and see how that goes so I can try getting ZZP setup...thanks everyone

If you have any questions, you can always feel free to email me directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com Also happy to install one of our kits for you here at our shop.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I appreciate your input very much and will leave it right where it's at (in the box)....I got overzealous after watching YouTube and clicked buttons while tired...once again thank you for your response and yes it's got no intercooler or tuning...

That kit is pretty basic, we have been helping customers with that kit and have some experience with it. Like you mentioned there is no intercooler or tuning that is included and the parts are not great. We have been able to get some decent performance out of it though with a tune and some other supporting mods, however by the time you do that, you can get into one of our Stage 1 turbo kits with intercooler, tune and better components, plus much better support after the sale.

If you have any questions either way, just let us know or shoot over a PM.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• I'm going to put it on Ebay today and see how that goes so I can try getting ZZP setup...thanks everyone

both our vendors ZZP and DDMworks have outstanding products, one thing I will say is that nothing beats having the "manufacturer" install the kit, that way you know is done right from the start since there are just too many ways to make a mistake that will cost thousands to fix.

So if one of them is close enough for you to make the trip for them to install that's who I would go with.

• Also, we have a takeoff HAHN and Alpha turbo kit here that we will be putting up for sale and should have another takeoff kit available toward the end of next week as an option also.

There is also a shop very close to you called Performance Autowerks. We were just talking with Dave from there last week and he has installed our products before and is very capable of doing the installation. Here is his address -

Performance Autowerks

34 Stonehill Road, Oswego, IL 60543

Hope that helps,

Dave

• I'm so glad I actually signed up here today...you guys are awesome and probably just saved me a bunch of headaches...I'm very thankful and would like to know how much for the takeoff kits you have are. Oswego is nearby and I'd like to compare the costs with them opposed to new. Thanks again, Jay

• I'm so glad I actually signed up here today...you guys are awesome and probably just saved me a bunch of headaches...I'm very thankful and would like to know how much for the takeoff kits you have are. Oswego is nearby and I'd like to compare the costs with them opposed to new. Thanks again, Jay

Welcome to the forum Jayrodgg !

Information is what we do...

That, and derails, humor, fiction, facts, ideas, fixes.

And we can help you lighten your wallet to prevent you from walking in endless circles.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Lol headaches and money, many treads ended on engine failure.

Turbo charging is one of those things that needs to be done right or not at all.