Brake failure light updated parts?

• My Slingshot had the brake failure light. Dealer replaced pressure sensors and light is still there. They called Polaris. They told dealership they are aware of a problem with a current part number and maybe a date range of pressure switches.

They will be shipping out updated parts in around two weeks.

Now, I am not completly sure I got all this right. Maybe others can confirm. But it seems many people have continued to have a problem after having the repair. I hope this will be a final fix.

Not all good news to me, I am going on a 3500 mile trip before the parts get here. Looks like I may not be using my cruise control as much as I like.

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

Edited once, last by essixx ().

• I have been toying with idea of jump wiring the sensor connectors, since most of the people who have this issue would not know if they had a brake problem anyways....X/

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• My Slingshot had the brake failure light. Dealer replaced pressure sensors and light is still there. They called Polaris. They told dealership they are aware of a problem with a current part number and maybe a date range of pressure switches.

They will be shipping out updated parts in around two weeks.

Now, I am not completly sure I got all this right. Maybe others can confirm. But it seems many people have continued to have a problem after having the repair. I hope this will be a final fix.

Not all good news to me, I am going on a 3500 mile trip before the parts get here. Looks like I may not be using my cruise conztrol as much as I like.

I am on the third set of switches, I also replaced the brake pedal position switch as soon as we started having a problem with the magnetic switch. Most times the cruise control will not kick off unless you use the brakes and not every time. To reset going down the hi-way just turn the ignition switch off and then back on, worked for me. I got where I did not even push in the clutch pedal while doing this.

• I have been toying with idea of jump wiring the sensor connectors, since most of the people who have this issue would not know if they had a brake problem anyways....X/

These pressure switches have absolutely nothing to do with the brakes, they are simply a signal to shut off the cruise control when the brakes are used ... jump the switch and your cruise control will not work and you will get the "brake" light in your dash due to the constant closed circuit. The ECU doesn't even recognize a signal from this circuit which is why it doesn't throw a code, just pops the idiot light when they fail.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Good to know, that’s why I was just thinking about doing it, not actually done it,I never use cruise but hate having the red light come on n randomly....

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

These pressure switches have absolutely nothing to do with the brakes, they are simply a signal to shut off the cruise control when the brakes are used ... jump the switch and your cruise control will not work and you will get the "brake" light in your dash due to the constant closed circuit. The ECU doesn't even recognize a signal from this circuit which is why it doesn't throw a code, just pops the idiot light when they fail.

The brake pedal switch will also cut off the cruise control