Has anyone installed the GPS add-on to the ride command without going to the dealership?

• I just installed the GPS antenna behind the console as per the (very simple instructions that came with the unit) for my 2019 SL . After the install, the ride system still doesn't see the upgrade. I have double-checked/re-seated the harness wire. I updated the system software to the latest and tried a map update only to get a "no package detected" error.

I am curious, did anyone get this install to work at home. I really don't want to go to the dealership (they will sit on my slinger for at least a week and I don't trust them based on my past interactions).

I just need confirmation that this is doable/successful at home.

• I upgraded mine last August and it went quite well. I don't believe I had any problems and it only took about a half an hour.

Randy

Thanks exactly what I needed to hear. I assume as soon as you install it, you will see a map without needing to update first right?

I am pretty sure my problem is the harness is not fully seated or I am dealing with a bad antenna. It's just a bear getting back there especially with large arms and hands. Going to ask for help from someone smaller than me.

• I think I only had to back it out of the garage to get a signal. I did download the map from Polaris and register with them.

Randy

Another question. Do you have a 2019? Were you seeing the page "contact dealership to get upgrade". I realize this is a default page but I am starting to think they software locked the nav feature to force you to get nickle and dimed at the dealership for an install for the 2019 SL models. But if that really was the case I don't see how they would still sell the GPS antenna online direct to customers which I did.

Already registered last week and tried the map update to no avail.

I also figured out that the whole back of the console is exposed so it's really easy to get to the harness connect once you open the hood. The only need for opening the dashboard is to mount the antenna then you just swing around and plug her in from the hood area.

• I have a 2018 SL. The contact the dealer page is to get you to buy the GPS ant I think. As far as I can remember, I just downloaded the maps on the slingshot memory stick and then downloaded that to the usb plug in the glovebox and then it worked after I plugged the GPS ant in.

I think Polaris has a support number you can call and asked them.

Randy

• I have a 2018 SL. The contact the dealer page is to get you to buy the GPS ant I think. As far as I can remember, I just downloaded the maps on the slingshot memory stick and then downloaded that to the usb plug in the glovebox and then it worked after I plugged the GPS ant in.

I think Polaris has a support number you can call and asked them.

Randy

• I have a 2018 SL and tried to down load the maps and got an error code I don't remember what it was. I took it back to the dealer and they tried to down load the maps after about 2 hours they told me they were having problems with there network and I should bring it back the next day. I took it back the next day and in about 45 min. they had it set up for me.