Power steering fixed and more info to follow when i get home.

• I have to say that today I had the best dealer experience that I have had in a long time. It all came down to a service manager that WANTED to fix the problem,

Dealer was Champion Powersports in Athens AL and service manager was Chris.

I pulled over on the side of the road to start this post and I will explain what this guy had to do to get me going. Its amazing how this gentleman took the time and even with all my mods fixed my problem....

• Details man!

Did they cover it under warranty, did a reset fix it? From the other thread, looks like you had to temporarily plug in the ECU for diagnostics.

I've been thinking about cancelling my extended warranty. Just the power steering and transmission are really still covered on mine, or will soon be.

• I had a couple of issues that popped up. The main thing was the bottom connector on the Power steering unit. It had a short in the plug. I have never ever unplugged it for any reason. So I have no idea how this happened.

We also found out that you do have to have a ECU for Digital Wrench . AND you need to know the year model of the ECU. Ghost drove all.the way to my house this morning and brought me his ECU.

I have also learned that you do not need the guages to make everything happy. So I can shitcan my two guages.

Once we got the EPAS powered up we had a steering angle error. We were able to zero out the angle sensor and continue with the progress. I also tried merging the Haltech Canbus with the Polaris CanBus. It caused erratic data and codes to be logged. However ,,,,, I know that the two buses can be combined on the main harness. But for now I'm just going to keep them seperate and play with that later.

More info after dinner......

• Are you still in need of the ECU?

rabtech  Lorge said "Dielectric grease tell him to put some in the plus that’s what happened to mine two days after I bought it they didn’t put any on it and water killed it"

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Are you still in need of the ECU?

rabtech  Lorge said "Dielectric grease tell him to put some in the plus that’s what happened to mine two days after I bought it they didn’t put any on it and water killed it"

I just made an overnight delivery order from summit racing. I ordered a tub of dielectric grease. And I ordered $340.00 worth of Deutch Connectors and crimp tools. I will be changing most of my electrical connections to them.

• Nope. I actually hate working with those tiny little metal inserts that go in those. But they work. And I ordered the good crimps and removal tools so I guess it's time to learn how to use them.

Sure hope this doesn't mean that you will start replacing all your electrical connectors the day before SOG Huntsville Homecoming.

Since you have a trailer, I guess you will be alright...

Ever think of trading your Slingshot in for a Harley?

SORRY. SORRY, my apologies!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Trailers, some people miss the point

• Nope. I actually hate working with those tiny little metal inserts that go in those. But they work. And I ordered the good crimps and removal tools so I guess it's time to learn how to use them.

I just got the brake caliper kit, the kit to compress the brake pads. Hell it did not cost but $22. We will be changing my pads again (Hawk 5.0) and installing the 5.0's on @Summer Breeze's Sling. Night and Day difference in the stock pads, I might even change the rotors to a set that I was gifted from kenny_h. Well you know at 83,000 miles I might need to change the pads, even though I do not use the brakes but very little.

• airoutlaw how many miles have you got on your sling. I'm at 34,600. I trailer it because I like Air Conditioning. And I like a place to carry other goodies with me.

Dont make me drive to Cullman!

MIleage...

One steering rack, 2 angle drive seals, three ball joints almost, 2nd set of front tires, 3rd rear tire, 3 exhaust systems, 7 recalls, one drive belt...

and my Sling is my leisure time ride.

I may be too proactive...

But, my aircraft always came home.

Thanks for asking and setting my mind at ease.

You gonna hold off on your next major project til after Homecoming?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Was any of that caused by abuse? :/:whistling: