Let them know....

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • I was up at 2:30 this morning and I was doing some thinking. Somehow I want our online family to reach out to our vendors and let them know that you care that they are on the forum. Our vendors on the forum only know how many views their banners get and how many people click on their banner advertising. It doesn't really let them know that you buy your products with a bias toward them being here on the forum. When I say "bias" I mean that you know that they are here on the forum. You know that if something goes wrong or if a product fails they are here in the slingshotinfo.com family. You know you can get some help in some form. You know

The more I think about it the more you really have to respect the vendors for being on this forum. They can take a public beating if everything doesn't go perfect before , during , and after the sale. This being said, we have some of the best vendors for slingshot parts and supplies. When I look through the list of vendors here I'm proud to say that we have all the vendors that have the best products.

I guess all I'm asking is that if you can work it into a conversation or email when your making a purchase with a vendor here on the forum is that you let them know you appreciate them being here on the forum. I am sure they know already but it never hurts to remind them. Heck even if you see a vendor setup at an event it wouldn't even hurt to stop in and quickly say hi and let them know you seen them on the forum.

That's all I ask.

Thanks....

RABTECH

• [quote='rabtech','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7860-let-them-know/&postID=271950#post271950']

I was up at 2:30 this morning and I was doing some thinking. Somehow I want our online family to reach out to our vendors and let them know that you care that they are on the forum. Our vendors on the forum only know how many views their banners get and how many people click on their banner advertising. It doesn't really let them know that you buy your products with a bias toward them being here on the forum. When I say "bias" I mean that you know that they are here on the forum. You know that if something goes wrong or if a product fails they are here in the slingshotinfo.com family. You know you can get some help in some form. You know

The more I think about it the more you really have to respect the vendors for being on this forum. They can take a public beating if everything doesn't go perfect before , during , and after the sale. This being said, we have some of the best vendors for slingshot parts and supplies. When I look through the list of vendors here I'm proud to say that we have all the vendors that have the best products.

I guess all I'm asking is that if you can work it into a conversation or email when your making a purchase with a vendor here on the forum is that you let them know you appreciate them being here on the forum. I am sure they know already but it never hurts to remind them. Heck even if you see a vendor setup at an event it wouldn't even hurt to stop in and quickly say hi and let them know you seen them on the forum.

That's all I ask.

Thanks....

RABTECH

[/quote]

I don’t like the vendors here. It makes me visit the site less. I like the way FB polices the vendors by only allowing them to post on Tuesday. Or they should label the fact that they are a vendor in their status or user name.

When I come on here and ask about a product, I assume (and hope) that another end user is giving me an objective opinion. More than not, it is a vendor that responds. IMO, it takes away from the spirit of this being a Slingshot OWNERS group. Again, just my opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• And I think just the opposite. Unlike most forums, most of the vendors on this site are Slingshot owners (and therefore end users) and have come up with some really unique products based on need and input from this forum. Fine folks like Ruptured Duck , RichArlt , lrobbi , kev , Hodge , Dave@DDMWorks , Jeff Welter and many others are not only owners, but bring an expertise that a lot of us don't have to these forums. I too, value the opinion of those who simply try the products and give a review to help us make an informed opinion. The Slingshot is still relatively new and will most likely never have a national chain of anything producing items for it (and most likely, they wouldn't take the time to even come here to comment) So it is great for a community to see a need, or come up with an idea, produce it in their garage and share it with us. Thanks to all of you who provide your time, input and expertise for these unique vehicles.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• If you want an opinion on something all you have to do is ask. This is not FACEBOOK. I personally will not waste my time with facebook. There is an opinion for you and you did not even ask.

• I have had nothing but excellent service and courtesy from every vendor here. I don't buy from everyone, (I have more desires than cash!) but each vendor I have shopped with has answered all my questions.

The vendors I have spent money with - especially Kyle D with ZZP - has gone above and beyond making sure this wrench rookie was successful.

I can only think that the above poster was some stupid troll, sitting in dirty underwear in Mom's basement, and not a real sling driver.

God bless all our vendors with success, they are the reason we don't drive bone stock and suffer Polaris' whims and design choices.

--Doc

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I agree with Rab, I try to buy from the vendors that are active here.

I'm curious brireeves629 , which vendor is hidden, or doesn't show that they are a vendor when they reply to posts? Pretty sure all of the ones that do post most of the time have their company name in their signature.

I even changed to a vendor just because how much he posts here and was so helpful in answering my questions, plus he saved me money. Many thanks kev

Kyle D is quick to answer questions as well as Dave@DDMWorks . I can't say enough good things about both of them in their willingness to help.

I've bought products from Ruptured Duck   mytoy and keylay101 on here, just because they posted info.

Other vendors I found through discussions on here were from Welter Performance, Twist Dynamics / Slingshotonly. Thanks to Jeff Welter   sales@twistdynamics and sales@slingshotonly Great products there!

I've even bought a few things from slingmods but I never see them post here, but they carry a bunch of products that the other vendors don't (and some that they do), but I've shared my wallet.

• Social media is a great way to market your company. If you feel it these vendors are doing what they do because of loyalty to the community of Slingshot owners then that’s your opinion. I believe they are in business to make money based on the prices they have for a lot of very simple products. That’s just my opinion. I don’t stand to make any money from the use of this forum. I also do not blame a vendor for using social media to market their company. They would be stupid not to. But I wish this forum was void of that.

• [quote='FunCycle','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7860-let-them-know/&postID=271964#post271964']

If you want an opinion on something all you have to do is ask. This is not FACEBOOK. I personally will not waste my time with facebook. There is an opinion for you and you did not even ask.

[/quote]

I belong to three or four Slingshot groups on Facebook and I love everyone of them. They are all local and it’s easy to Find someone to ride with or find out if any local events that are happening for Slingshot owners. There is also a group on Facebook that is dedicated just to vendors and people buying and selling things related to Slingshot. I love that group as well and I’m glad they are separate. Say what you will about Facebook, but they know how to make a great experience.

• brireeves629 my log in name is "ruptured duck" and it does not reference my relationship with my company MeanSling. I struggled with this but because I was always on here ,originally as a member, and not a vendor. I have chosen too limit my response to only subjects unrelated to my company and about my products (when only asked). I do post in my vendor section for full product details. Because of this I respecfully no longer comment on other vendors or products unless strickly for insight or possible helping to answer a question that is not detrimental to any party in any way (respectful to all). It sucks to not have full freedom but needed in this type of format. I hope others do not see me as trying to be secretive about this. I have just been a part of this and the other original DS forum form the beginning that I forget others coming on board may not know this.

Edited: I'll only add that any forum must cover cost to operate. This by nature requires vendors to pay for adds so that the collective groups can have the ability to come together as a groups. rabtech is not looking to make money off this site but I don't think he should be required to foot the bill totally.

Patrick Bennett

AKA - Ruptured Duck

MeanSling.

Damnit the secrets out....:D

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• brireeves629 Also, a lot of us do not use facebook (we call it book face), and if it wasn't for this forum and TDS, I wouldn't have found a lot of these manufacturers. The 3 big resellers are easy to find via google.

As to pricing, this isn't a large market, you get cheaper products by the manufacturers being able to scale and buy things in bulk.

When they only make 10 - 20 of them, they don't get quantity discounts on parts, etc. If something is made out of a metal, buying 1 - 10 of that piece is not cost effective at all.

As a consumer, am I happy about these higher prices, hell no, but it's just a fact of life. I doubt any of them are making 75% profit :)

• I doubt any of them are making 75% profit

And some much less.

I don't feel it is appropriate to make general statements intended to apply to all vendors. They are not all created equal and yes, there are people making items out of loyalty to the community. Obviously profit is a motive but is not the top priority for ALL vendors.

The message here is that we have choices and each of us gravitates to what we like best. That doesn't make the other venues wrong.

SlingLow out!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)

• I have said this many times before but I choose to support vendors who are part of the active community in THIS forum and avoid those who are not regardless of how good of a deal they offer, although I am forced to use evilbook due to my day job but I try to limit my exposure to as little as possible.

If you like evilbook better than this forum that's you choice and good luck with it, but do not come here and try to tell us that this forums needs to be more like evilbook.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• [quote='Neosolidus','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7860-let-them-know/&postID=271984#post271984']

I have said this many times before but I choose to support vendors who are part of the active community in THIS forum and avoid those who are not regardless of how good of a deal they offer, although I am forced to use evilbook due to my day job but I try to limit my exposure to as little as possible.

If you like evilbook better than this forum that's you choice and good luck with it, but do not come here and try to tell us that this forums needs to be more like evilbook.

[/quote]

I don’t believe that is what I said at all. The question was about vendors and THIS forum. Clearly only specific vendor supportive opinions are allowed. I thought being a Slingshot owner was the only prerequisite for having an opinion here. I was wrong and I apologize for offending anyone.

• Wow! I really didnt see this going sideways. I was honestly just saying that if you wanted to let the vendors her know that you liked the fact that they participated on the forum just to let them know.

brireeves629 I'm the kinda guy that likes everyone till they prove otherwise. You still have not pushed me over to the "not like" category . You have the right to say whatever you feel on here. However your information on Facebook is very very wrong. Im not even going to touch that though. This is not the thread for a Facebook discussion. Just remember when you post on here you can be assured that someone's brothers moms cousin best friends next door neighbor isnt going to see it.

As far as costing me money. I have a simple example. I bought $1080.00 worth of shirts before Maggie Valley. I sold aprox 500.00 of them in Maggie Valley. I gave away another 30 or 40 of them. I havent looked and counted yet. But I can guarantee that I dont have enough left to sell to get to 750.00 total. AND I DONT CARE. If something makes me happy then it is worth more than money to me.

The vendors do help pay for a dedicated server. I had to swap over to a dedicated server about 2 years ago. And the vendors pay for the continued updates that have to be purchaed. It's not alot but it all works out in the end. This is how ALL forums work. Show me one that doesn't.

Now I am about to go and create a new thread and brag on Champion Powersports in Athens AL for going beyond the call of duty to help me get my power steering back. And brireeves629 if you dont want to read what they did that was so awesome I'm not going to force you. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• I don’t believe that is what I said at all. The question was about vendors and THIS forum. Clearly only specific vendor supportive opinions are allowed. I thought being a Slingshot owner was the only prerequisite for having an opinion here. I was wrong and I apologize for offending anyone.

You came in trying to cause hate and discontent. FunCycle is out. You and people like you are why we a BLOCK FEATURE on here

• If you don’t like this family on here, easy , don’t get on. People on here help in any question asked, be they vendor or enthusiastic about their ride. Don’t bad mouth on here again if you don’t like get off.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Clearly only specific vendor supportive opinions are allowed.

Please elaborate... I have NEVER put down another company's products if they were not a vendor here. They just cant advertise their products on here. A member can brag on them all they want and show off their goodies all they want.