Slingshot Only - Exclusive Vendor of JMS PedalMAX Throttle Response Device

• I have a SS friend here in the valley who has a 2016 SL and recently got the Pedalmax. He says he loves it and has offered to let me drive it if I like. Next time we meet up I might take him up on his offer, but I am not sure I will really be able to judge the true difference - he has changed his wheels to 24's and I think that will make it hard to compare - he also has a 1320 header and exhaust, but its the wheels that I think will make it very different from mine, 24 inch wheels is like a big gearing change

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• SO it's safe to say this would make a slingshot produce better performance numbers....am i correct?

In theory...

The problem is, it doesn't improve HP or Torque numbers, just allows the throttle to respond more quickly. So throttle response improves, that means you can accelerate more quickly since there is no delay in the signal from the pedal to the drive by wire system. The rate of acceleration would not change.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• In theory...

The problem is, it doesn't improve HP or Torque numbers, just allows the throttle to respond more quickly. So throttle response improves, that means you can accelerate more quickly since there is no delay in the signal from the pedal to the drive by wire system. The rate of acceleration would not change.

but here's the thing you don't need to improve hp or torque to get better times. if you can remove lag and improve reaction times, that can't be reproduced under normal situations(without the pedal max) it would have to produce better times correct?

• but here's the thing you don't need to improve hp or torque to get better times. if you can remove lag and improve reaction times, that can't be reproduced under normal situations(without the pedal max) it would have to produce better times correct?

To this day (afaik) no one(not just in slingshot but other markets as well) has verifiable proof, everything is hearsay based on butt dyno.

If as they say it is different from pedal to the medal then it should get a better 0-60 time or so logic says.:POKESS:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I have it and love it.. can burn the tires in every gear.. it is not a ECM tune for sure.. but it does give you that quick shift lag gone. I call it the "poor man turbo" lol

Sent from my moto g(6) using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Thanks,

Phillbilly (aka Phillip Kastrup)

2016.5 Blue Fire SS SL LE (1 of 29 in Ohio)

Stock, CAI, Classy small mods in cock pit and wheels, MeanSling top, PeddleMax,reflective wheel stickers and 67 on the hood...

• That's all i'm saying.....based on all the responses it should....

If driven by someone not afraid to use the full range of the throttle it won't .... most drivers are adverse to using the last third of the pedal.. for those this is a "miracle" .....

To improve times you need to increase power under the curve and/or traction .. this does neither ...

It may even hurt "times" since those who have it seem to have trouble modulating the narrower throttle throw and note spinning or burning the tire "easier" ....

.... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• [quote='Phillbilly','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7856-slingshot-only-exclusive-vendor-of-jms-pedalmax-throttle-response-device/&postID=273086#post273086']

I have it and love it.. can burn the tires in every gear.. it is not a ECM tune for sure.. but it does give you that quick shift lag gone. I call it the "poor man turbo" lol

[/quote]

Installed

• And what other Mods do you have that you can burn all 5 gears with? ?(

I have been trying to hold off on posting on that because I don't want to poke the bear so to speak but I just can't hold off anymore.

I have tuned slings with pretty much all the HP improving mods there are and I don't think I can burn tires on third unless I am willing to kill the clutch, 4th and 5th ..... would need several decades worth of prayers for a chance.

Anyways we should all go buy the pedalmax because it seems it adds at least 100HP since the sling can burn rubber on all gears with it. :00008862:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• Here's the thing if it does what it says it does, i'm not sure how an equivalent driver can post a identical time in a stock sling(key word you said MOST), as this elimnates the lag and reaction time of the trotthle body open and accelration happening , all conditions equal. I have a similar product for the abarth 500 and it has been a big difference and there is no way a stock abarth 500 could beat mine with the go pedal upgrade.

• I'm noticing some issues with this discussion.

Using the dyno argument is a non starter. The advertising doesn't say it adds hp.

If it makes the throttle open faster electronically you can't match the speed by pushing the "switch" faster.

I haven't driven one with it installed but with the adjustment knob you could easily compare performance.

I might order one just to see if it makes a difference.

• If we are talking about getting off the line first I can see where an upgrade like this might be important. reaction time both human and in this case electronic is very important in things like drag racing where every 100th of a second counts

having said this I am not sure if having the throttle body more sensitive to less pedal movement is something that would be beneficial in day do day driving or in other forms of racing - it seems to me that having the throttle overly sensitive could actually cause problems and harm performance on a race track going in to and out of corners and having just the right amount of throttle when upshifting and downshifting

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If we are talking about getting off the line first I can see where an upgrade like this might be important. reaction time both human and in this case electronic is very important in things like drag racing where every 100th of a second counts

having said this I am not sure if having the throttle body more sensitive to less pedal movement is something that would be beneficial in day do day driving or in other forms of racing - it seems to me that having the throttle overly sensitive could actually cause problems and harm performance on a race track going in to and out of corners and having just the right amount of throttle when upshifting and downshifting

good point but remember it can always be adjusted on the fly the improvement ranges from 1-100max

• hehehe - To be totally honest I love talking about these things and understanding them and how they work, but I am actually very pleased with the performance of my Slingshot as it is, If I could find more ways to improve ride and cornering I might be interested in spending that hard earned money you mention, but as far as performance mods go thats pretty much it,

I just ordered mine and will be posting a big compreshensive review.