Slingshot Only - Exclusive Vendor of JMS PedalMAX Throttle Response Device

• Are you ready for an adrenaline rush?!

We are in love with the quick response that Pedal Max provides us!

Get it here: https://slingshotonly.com/…/jms-pedalmax-drive-wire-thrott…/

Check the video for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RngpVmT1eG8&feature=youtu.be

• Can you please tell me exactly what this does and how it does anything more than I would get by just pressing the pedal harder and faster

Thank you

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Can you please tell me exactly what this does and how it does anything more than I would get by just pressing the pedal harder and faster

Thank you

The Slingshot is a Drive by wire set up to a throttle sensor, if I remember correctly. It means that when you hit the accelerator, there is always a lag...especially when you compare it to drive by cable systems of older cars. From what I have been able to find out...it is voltage controlled and the higher voltage allows for the throttle signal to be sent faster than stock. It means that the lag is eliminated, and potentially give you a slight increase in HP and torque. I think the butt dyno would feel the "increase" more than a real dyno would show a power increase. The difference is probably mostly noticed because te lag time is reduced so you accelerate more quickly.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

Thank you

JMS's Vice President Brad does a great job breaking down the product on our site.

“PedalMAX is basically a voltage or pulse width conditioning device. Not necessarily an amplifier, but similar. We don’t rely on cheap resistors or other components, we use a multi-channel digital device to condition input and output signals, but also filter signals. So it’s basically a small computer that plugs into the accelerator pedal and modifies that input signal to the ECU. We use a standard “K-factor” applied to the voltage or pulse width to increase the responsiveness. Effectively, when the vehicle is at idle it’s at a stock voltage output, but as you increase pedal input it modifies the output over the first 80% of the range. The net effect is that when the pedal is at 60-70% input the throttle is wide open with the control knob set at 100%. The control knob allows you to modify the output values to decrease the relative sensitivity, so if the knob is at 50% the throttle will be wide open at 85% pedal input. The programming is also relatively aggressive, that’s why we allow you to adjust it on the fly! Removing turbo or supercharge lag is a complete side-effect or anomaly, the aggressiveness of pedal input forces the control system to respond much quicker and produce power at a lower RPM. On a RZR 1000 Turbo, the device at 100% can hit boost so hard on dry pavement that it can break the bead on the tires… For instance, you use a Rotrex supercharge kit, they have lag by design, so PedalMAX will drive past the lag by increasing RPM rate in a shorter time period and just kill the rear tire on command.

We’re not the first to test this theory in the market… The biggest issues are ingress protection and components. The product we developed for Polaris vehicles is based on a product we sell to Ford that’s used on 2018+ Mustangs and F-150 trucks with Ford Performance supercharger systems. It’s required to pass a 21-point DVPR, Level 4 PPAP, have an ingress protection of rating IP67+ (the highest rating for aerospace is IP69), and it has to be approved for use under hood of a production vehicle with a 3-year/36,000 mile warranty. It’s a very expensive product to build. No question it’s the most high-tech product of it’s kind and is complete over-kill for the aftermarket, but we cannot build it any other way since the technology is shared with Ford, GM and FCA. In Australia, Dodge brand actually owns the distribution rights to PedalMAX for FCA vehicles. It’s the real deal from a pure engineering standpoint. We use solid gold pins on our connectors, no one in our industry does that…”

-Brad Grissom

Vice President

JMS Performance Group

• Can you please tell me exactly .... how it does anything more than I would get by just pressing the pedal harder and faster

Thank you

I had a friend in school who wrote a 20 page paper (single spaced) on how to use a spoon, I thought that was impressive ...

So.. the CliffsNotes answer ...... nothing

Just the electronic equivalent to a "quick throttle" on a motorcycle or changing the cam size on a cable foot pedal ....

....nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• JMS's Vice President Brad does a great job breaking down the product on our site.

Effectively, when the vehicle is at idle it’s at a stock voltage output, but as you increase pedal input it modifies the output over the first 80% of the range. The net effect is that when the pedal is at 60-70% input the throttle is wide open with the control knob set at 100%. The control knob allows you to modify the output values to decrease the relative sensitivity, so if the knob is at 50% the throttle will be wide open at 85% pedal input.

Now doesn't that paragraph right there in a convoluted way says the same thing I have been saying for a while now, pedal to the metal = pedalmax?, no pun intended :00008356:

However with pedalmax you don't have to use all that effort in pushing the gas pedal in, so while in my opinion it offers no performance gains it could be seen as a QoL upgrade and I wouldn't bitch about it non stop IF it was marketed as such but the current marketing is IMHO deceiving.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

THE PRODUCT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS IT DOES.

A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE PERFORMANCE. I SET IT TO 100% AND IT PUSHED ME BACK INTO MY SEAT WHEN I TOOK OFF. EVEN SMOKED THE REAR TIRE STARTING OFF!"

- ROBERT H.

Shit, I've got that button too.

• Now doesn't that paragraph right there in a convoluted way says the same thing I have been saying for a while now, pedal to the metal = pedalmax?, no pun intended :00008356:

However with pedalmax you don't have to use all that effort in pushing the gas pedal in, so while in my opinion it offers no performance gains it could be seen as a QoL upgrade and I wouldn't bitch about it non stop IF it was marketed as such but the current marketing is IMHO deceiving.

The marketing for this product has never tried to deceive customers. This product offers no measurable increase in horsepower. It is a throttle response device, plain and simple. It gives the driver the feeling of adding a great deal of horsepower without actually doing so. In short, it makes the ride more fun for the driver. And that's not just our opinion, it's shared by hundreds of SS riders who have the device. It's a "gotta try it to believe it" type of product with regards to the feeling behind the wheel. But again, it's never been marketed as more than that.

• We can assure you that you can press your pedal as fast and hard as you wish and you won't receive the same feeling behind the wheel as you will with the PedalMAX installed. Don't knock it til you try it.

• Just to play devils advocate here with absolutely no skin in this game. I do tuning (Before you ask, no I don't do slingshots) primarily with SCT units and I've had a good number of customers tell me that they tried the pedal max before and loved it. If you didn't want to step up into a actual tune or actually reflash your PCM, it seemingly works well.

• Just to play devils advocate here with absolutely no skin in this game. I do tuning (Before you ask, no I don't do slingshots) primarily with SCT units and I've had a good number of customers tell me that they tried the pedal max before and loved it. If you didn't want to step up into a actual tune or actually reflash your PCM, it seemingly works well.

This has been the consensus from some of the people I have talked to locally that have PedalMax on their cars. A couple of guys running turbos have also said that it feels like the lag is cut down. But it could just be a perception thing.

• This has been the consensus from some of the people I have talked to locally that have PedalMax on their cars. A couple of guys running turbos have also said that it feels like the lag is cut down. But it could just be a perception thing.

in the end isnt perception what its about for most of us? - - I mean if it puts a smile on your face thats pretty hard to complain about.

• If it were me spending money and wanting the best experience, I'd spend just a bit more and get a tune.

ZZP : Slingshot NA Tunes Ready For Purchase / https://zzperformance.com/coll…ile-description-container $350

Bob's Tune : http://mefiburn.com/slingshottune.asp $500 - but send him a message that you are on the forums and he'll knock off $100

• in the end isnt perception what its about for most of us? - - I mean if it puts a smile on your face thats pretty hard to complain about.

Agreed. But you will always have naysayers that only buy a product based on numbers...even if the numbers are misleading.

• I am a naysayer, because I have driven many vehicles with the so called pedalmax not just slingshots, heck I have a buddy who bought it for his Jeep and then went and got the Superchip and regretted buying the pedalmax and it is currently for sale 1/2 off on the JL forums.

The pedalmax is sold as it being compatible with aftermarket chips but on his JL it acted wonky, the pedal got so touchy that it was pretty much ballz blazing all the time then he had to dial back the pedal max settings to the point that hit was almost identical to it without the pedalmax.

Although pedalmax is new to the slingshots this argument of whether it is snake oil or not has been going on for many years in the wrangler forums.

Like I told Edward Neal try to drive a slingshot with pedalmax then drive a normal one pedal to the metal then drive one with a tune on and decide for yourself what is worth your hard earned dollars.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I agree...seems like it's hit and miss all over the internet. A lot of the Mustang forums like to say it works. A lot of the Truck forums love it. If you look at product reviews from Summit to Jegs to Amazon give it 4.5 or better. Shoot even Extreme Terrain a site dedicated to selling to Jeeps gives it a 4.8. So far in the Slingshot Community I have seen mostly positive reviews and I think 3 reviews of it causing some odd issues. If it were a 50/50 split I would be more inclined to believe it was a junk product. But with so many positive reviews...I'm more swayed to believe that it works as described. Especially since it is in so many different markets.

• Like I told Edward Neal try to drive a slingshot with pedalmax then drive a normal one pedal to the metal then drive one with a tune on and decide for yourself what is worth your hard earned dollars.

hehehe - To be totally honest I love talking about these things and understanding them and how they work, but I am actually very pleased with the performance of my Slingshot as it is, If I could find more ways to improve ride and cornering I might be interested in spending that hard earned money you mention, but as far as performance mods go thats pretty much it,