Almost made a mis-snake

• Out with the dogs today, saw a discarded snake skin on the ground near the tractor shed. Cool! Went to grab it before the dogs could tear it apart - wondered at the time why they weren't fighting over this like they usually do...

This is Mr. Snickers, he's a black rat snake and he strangles and EATS Copperheads. He posed for a nice photo, but he was getting kinda tense as you can see. Tried for a lower angle shot of his handsome face, but he said "No!"

I'd love to have a life-sized hood ornament EXACTLY like him for Ruby, but I don't think he would be keen on posing for a sculpture. =O

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Out with the dogs today, saw a discarded snake skin on the ground near the tractor shed. Cool! Went to grab it before the dogs could tear it apart - wondered at the time why they weren't fighting over this like they usually do...

This is Mr. Snickers, he's a black rat snake and he strangles and EATS Copperheads. He posed for a nice photo, but he was getting kinda tense as you can see. Tried for a lower angle shot of his handsome face, but he said "No!"

I'd love to have a life-sized hood ornament EXACTLY like him for Ruby, but I don't think he would be keen on posing for a sculpture. =O

Bill Martin

• No disrespect or slander of Mr. Snickers will go unchallenged! He is a "snuggle snake" (constrictor), and not poisonous like the Copperhead clan.

This particular example is a 6-footer and technically should be Snickers Jr. His predecessor (a 7-footer who was particularly good at tree climbing) was gunned down in the neighbor's chicken coop when caught um... red handed stealing eggs from underneath the hens. ;(

• I'm sorry to hear that the neighbors killed daddy.

Black racers are good snakes to have around, and a egg or two a week is cheap pay for the benefit they bring by keeping the bad snakes away.

I have a black racer around my house and I LOVE it when I see him, or her, because I know they will keep me safe from the bad ones.

As well as limit the lizard and frog population around the house.

• I know some snakes are good - but when you crap on yourself when you see a garter snake the only good snake is a dead snake. I got gators all around my place - and they eat snakes - that makes em all warm and fuzzy to me :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Years ago when I was younger we did not have alligators except for a few places. Now they are everywhere and the state finally opened the season with a lottery.

Deer are the menace here in AR. They kill more people and do more property damage than all other "dangerous" animals put together. Even so, people get upset about "shooting bambi".

Sadly, the deer have not yet learned to selectively take out whiney liberals. We don't have wolves here (our ancestors fault), so we gotta step up and fill the niche!

#FillTheNiche

• Deer are the menace here in AR. They kill more people and do more property damage than all other "dangerous" animals put together. Even so, people get upset about "shooting bambi".

Sadly, the deer have not yet learned to selectively take out whiney liberals. We don't have wolves here (our ancestors fault), so we gotta step up and fill the niche!

#FillTheNiche

We have the coyote and now the deer, rabbit, turkey's, quail population is going down. Anything that is on the ground, even cats and dogs.

• You just have to learn to exist with gators here in Louisiana there are so many. Don’t believe that Swamp People crap. My good friend was an X Marine sniper (GAWD he is fun to shoot with) and was the nuisance alligator hunter around here. You can’t kill em out of season unless your life is threatened. Used to be I call my buddy and he would come get it. The state did not pay anything and hides barely paid for his gas. Now thru our brilliant state government supervision you now have to call Wildlife and Fisheries and file a complaint. THEN while the gator waits (:00008172:) for somebody to show up they then contact the next nuisance hunter on the list. After a couple days somebody may show up - how many you think they get?? I have 2 things to say bout that - I feel threatened when they are in range and gator tail is VERY tasty :00008359::00008359::00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You just have to learn to exist with gators here in Louisiana there are so many. Don’t believe that Swamp People crap. My good friend was an X Marine sniper (GAWD he is fun to shoot with) and was the nuisance alligator hunter around here. You can’t kill em out of season unless your life is threatened. Used to be I call my buddy and he would come get it. The state did not pay anything and hides barely paid for his gas. Now thru our brilliant state government supervision you now have to call Wildlife and Fisheries and file a complaint. THEN while the gator waits (:00008172:) for somebody to show up they then contact the next nuisance hunter on the list. After a couple days somebody may show up - how many you think they get?? I have 2 things to say bout that - I feel threatened when they are in range and gator tail is VERY tasty :00008359::00008359::00008359:

The locals take care of the problem no matter the season. The IMPORTS that come here to retire call animal control. I have the 270 cal. that is sighted in at 300 yards and no I have never shot a gator myself.