trakhamr self-install kit

• Did you say air ride? Most of us run the rev dynamics kit and would love to see simple integration to that board/placement of what's needed.

Man I love where the sling is progressing!!

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• yes , that's correct wokka the air ride is being developed now and Troy has put together some wildwoods for you , so yes they will soon be available on my site as well , I think Im going to have to upgrade my own someday but I don't think I'll bother putting the air on for now , I'm going to focus on a new rear end first , hopefully right after xmas type of thing, was mocking up a couple different ideas last week. Let us know how you like the new Wildwoods !

• You guys know I'm a trakhamr fan, and Troy / Kev seem busy, so I'm going to give you guys a bit of news. Trakhamr now offers Wilwood brakes for a big brake setup on the trakhamr kit.

I've ordered a set to upgrade my trakhamr. It's always bugged me that my DDM big brake kit on the front using Wilwoods didn't match the calipers on the rear. Going to get it paint matched as well, DDM is hooking me up with some powdercoating to match.

Troy is also working on air suspension with a nice twist, so if that's a must with your quad kit, talk to Troy or Kev about it.

Oh son of a Bitch! I need to stop spending money on this damn thing. lol.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I'd have to say I'm curious. Will have to see how much a kit is with the Wilwood brakes for a big brake setup on the trakhamr along with air ride. Been looking at air ride for a long time.

kev , did you ever get before/after times for track on the conversion kit on a sling that's boosted?

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• SaltyClownNY , no i did not , no actual documented times , that would be nice , Troy may have some, he does a lot of tracking with his various vehicles, which led to the development of the TrakHamr

Not sure what Troy's handle is. What was the outcome of the Wilwood brakes and air ride? If I can do a 6.34second 0-60 now, I'd like to see if I can do a 4 second with 2 wheels. The sling isn't a drag vehicle, but if I can get more traction in the 0-30 range, I'd like to see what it can do. Anyone have an opinion? Think it's capable? If I can hit 4's, you have my order!

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Not sure what Troy's handle is. What was the outcome of the Wilwood brakes and air ride? If I can do a 6.34second 0-60 now, I'd like to see if I can do a 4 second with 2 wheels. The sling isn't a drag vehicle, but if I can get more traction in the 0-30 range, I'd like to see what it can do. Anyone have an opinion? Think it's capable? If I can hit 4's, you have my order!

When I ran my fastest 1/4 mile per the Draggy GPS device, I was able to rip a 3.62 0-60. 11.3 at 123 MPH. Those numbers don't really line up in my mind...I did notice that it fell flat as soon as I jumped in to 4th gear. This was with the Hahn turbo kit at 10-11lbs of boost and running the TrakHamr rear.

• When I ran my fastest 1/4 mile per the Draggy GPS device, I was able to rip a 3.62 0-60. 11.3 at 123 MPH. Those numbers don't really line up in my mind...I did notice that it fell flat as soon as I jumped in to 4th gear. This was with the Hahn turbo kit at 10-11lbs of boost and running the TrakHamr rear.

Thank you! This is what I've been looking for. With only one wheel, I can't get it under 6 at 9PSI. The sling doesn't do so well above 100mph as it's not so arrow dynamic, so makes a bit of sense for the 11.3. Do you have the 1/4 and 1/2 mile times off the Draggy?

• Thank you! This is what I've been looking for. With only one wheel, I can't get it under 6 at 9PSI. The sling doesn't do so well above 100mph as it's not so arrow dynamic, so makes a bit of sense for the 11.3. Do you have the 1/4 and 1/2 mile times off the Draggy?

I had the data on my LG phone before I went to the iPhone. I only did about 8 1/4 mile runs and my best was 11.3. Next couple were around 11.8. The rest was in the 12s. Never even checked to see if 1/2 mile runs were an option...not that the Slingshot felt like it could do much over 125-130 in a half mile stretch.

• I had the data on my LG phone before I went to the iPhone. I only did about 8 1/4 mile runs and my best was 11.3. Next couple were around 11.8. The rest was in the 12s. Never even checked to see if 1/2 mile runs were an option...not that the Slingshot felt like it could do much over 125-130 in a half mile stretch.

Thanks. I think Rabtech did 136 in half mile... I believe, but yes, difficult. Now you have a forged block on yours. Did you ever have it dyno'd to see what the wheel HP was?

• Not sure what Troy's handle is. What was the outcome of the Wilwood brakes and air ride? If I can do a 6.34second 0-60 now, I'd like to see if I can do a 4 second with 2 wheels. The sling isn't a drag vehicle, but if I can get more traction in the 0-30 range, I'd like to see what it can do. Anyone have an opinion? Think it's capable? If I can hit 4's, you have my order!

SaltyClownNY, the 4-wheel with Wilwoods and air ride was a success and enjoying every minute of it. Not sure on track times as I have not done any as still breaking things in, but it sure sticks now with the 335s on the back and having 2 instead of 1. I plan on some further engine upgrades with DDM over the winter to increase performance and reliability.

• rabtech , have you considered a 4 week conversion to see what it can do? I've been curious for a while. Right now, I'm not pushing the power you have, but believe I need to look into a new clutch. The MT drag slick grabs a lot and I've smoked the clutch a few times. I know this can comes down to experience, but just seems like it's way too easy to do in my opinion. 4th wheel is a chunk of change, but may be fun to play with and see what I can get out of it.

Br4hm4 - forgot to ask... what gear ratio are you at for the back end?

• rabtech , have you considered a 4 week conversion to see what it can do? I've been curious for a while. Right now, I'm not pushing the power you have, but believe I need to look into a new clutch. The MT drag slick grabs a lot and I've smoked the clutch a few times. I know this can comes down to experience, but just seems like it's way too easy to do in my opinion. 4th wheel is a chunk of change, but may be fun to play with and see what I can get out of it.

You mean like this 4 wheel conversion. 8)8)

• [quote='SaltyClownNY','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7848-trakhamr-self-install-kit/&postID=320812#post320812']

rabtech , have you considered a 4 week conversion to see what it can do? I've been curious for a while. Right now, I'm not pushing the power you have, but believe I need to look into a new clutch. The MT drag slick grabs a lot and I've smoked the clutch a few times. I know this can comes down to experience, but just seems like it's way too easy to do in my opinion. 4th wheel is a chunk of change, but may be fun to play with and see what I can get out of it.

[/quote]

When you’re ready for a new clutch, give ours some consideration. I worked with clutch masters directly to develop the clutch for the slingshot specifically. Slightly stiffer pedal push than stock, the flywheel and disc are 1/2” larger than any other clutch out there, and will handle anything you can throw at it.

https://zzperformance.com/coll…erformance-clutch-upgrade

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke