trakhamr self-install kit

• Looking at that aggressive stance, and that is bad-ass by the way wokka , my question is regarding rear fenders. It looks like the potential to throw water and road debris forward is pretty high. Has anyone discussed a fender setup for this and would it be a requirement to be legal in certain jurisdictions?

There is a fender set up. And I highly recommend it. I have been through 3 storms and regular speeds on the roads, you have no issues with rain or dirt or any of that. But once you get in to parking lot speeds....rooster tails kick up and essentially drench you.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I am sure this has already been answered somewhere in one of these threads, but can someone tell me is the wheelbase front to back the same with this quad setup as the stock length front to back? also is the quad wheelbase width the same as the front?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think the length is the same, or very close, I know Dave took some measurements, but I don't know what it is off hand, but I can get it measured for it.

The c4 is a bit more narrow than the front, about 3 inches or so total, based on my wheel/tire setup, since i have the same all the way around. With most other peoples Sling's using a wider tire on rear and narrow up front, they will likely look the same width.

It's not really noticeable on mine unless you look from the back looking for it. I'll see if I can grab a pic showing it.

Also, of note, with about 3/4 tank of fuel, my sling now weights 2055 lbs. I do have a TD soft top on as well plus a Wind Restrictor branded restrictor. Nothing else of note to add major weight. We did weigh the sling without the front splitter and hood, the splitter weighs 14 lbs and the hood weights 55 lbs. But notice from the numbers below on the weight distribution, interesting stuff.

OLoHMQn.jpg?1

• thanks for the measurements

is the speedometer still close to being correct?

• Yes, mine has been off due to my tires by about 2-3mph at highway speeds, and that didn't change with the quad. That's comparing GPS data to my speedo.

thank you - I guess that means the 3.73 gearing of the differential keeps things pretty close to stock - - - thats good to know. I noticed that on the bullet speed conversion the standard rear end is 3.53 to 1 and that they offer options that go as high as 4.08 to 1 . .

Edit. Just looked at the specs for the slingshot and they say final drive is 1.59 to 1 and the belt drive is 2.312 to one - if I am getting the math correct that would mean the stock equivalent would be 3.68 to 1 differential which would put both the Trakhamr and bullet speed on one side or the other

Forgive all this I am just very interested in all of this 8o

• Interesting. I didn't ask Troy about gear ratios, but I know that the Dana 36 has options for a lower ratio, down to 2.73 I think, but 3.75 is the highest I've seen offered. I can only imagine what kind of acceleration you could get if you dropped 4.10 or higher into this setup, but it's just not an option that I've found with some quick googling.

I do have plans to write up a full detail review in a few days of the kit and my thoughts on it. Overall, I'm ecstatic with it, and of course, nothing is perfect, so I do have some critiques. More on that later.

• Interesting. I didn't ask Troy about gear ratios, but I know that the Dana 36 has options for a lower ratio, down to 2.73 I think, but 3.75 is the highest I've seen offered. I can only imagine what kind of acceleration you could get if you dropped 4.10 or higher into this setup, but it's just not an option that I've found with some quick googling.

I do have plans to write up a full detail review in a few days of the kit and my thoughts on it. Overall, I'm ecstatic with it, and of course, nothing is perfect, so I do have some critiques. More on that later.

I believe we are all set at 3.73

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• so I guess this answers your question on if you ass is fat, by the looks of the numbers I would say your fatter up front :00006725: very interesting how the weight is distributed

• I believe we are all set at 3.73

one of the things that made me bring up this topic was seeing the options on the bullet speed site - here 4-wheeled conversion

they have the 3.53 as the standard, but for more money they offer 3.91 to 1, 4.36 to 1, 3.69 to 1 and 4.08 to 1

looking at these choices the 3.69 would seem closest to stock assuming stock tire sizes and I have to say that 4.36 to 1 seems crazy

• All I can say is that it was a blast to work on and honestly the quality of Troys unit is bar none. Even the attention to detail with the shipping bracket and tie downs were impressive.

Only bummer was that I just wanted to cut something with the plasma cutter or grinding wheel. I leave for home the first day and within 10 minutes i hear that sparks were flying so I missed all the fun!

Now we just need to convince wokka to ditch that shiny new engine and swap in a Texas Speed lsX 427 with twin 88mm ball-bearing turbos and maybe a small 125 shot of giggle juice to spool up the turbos faster.

Then we could have a good Bald Eagle VS. Panda fight! LOL

Image result for bald eagle picking up a panda

• The rear weight is strange. I would have expected the opposite weights from right to left. Especially with the fuel tank and fuel as well as the battery being on the left rear of the slingshot.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I am sure this has already been answered somewhere in one of these threads, but can someone tell me is the wheelbase front to back the same with this quad setup as the stock length front to back? also is the quad wheelbase width the same as the front?

The TrakHamr when used with your stock Polaris wheels will be about 2"" narrower on the rear end. The front to back wheel base should remain the same I believe , . checking into it now.

• The TrakHamr when used with your stock Polaris wheels will be about 2"" narrower on the rear end. The front to back wheel base should remain the same I believe , . checking into it now.

kev - - thank you very much, if you also by chance have the same information on the bullet speed kit which I believe you also sell I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks again

• if you do the math ,these weights come out to 59.5 to 40.5 front to back weight ratio so that's not far off a production Slingshot manufactured at a 65 to 35 ratio . There are a lot of factors that will account for wokka s side to side differences ,mainly being the weight of the turbo setup on the right side and the dual rear exit exhaust , makes me wonder if the scales aren't crossed up with the right being the left. A stock slingshot is pretty well balanced with each front side weighing in about 563 and the rear at 607 for a total weight of 1734 with a half tank of fuel .

Some important TrakHamr design criteria can be summarized here , All the additional weight is added to the rear end only where the additional shock and the transverse composite Spring distribute it equally to be carried by the additional suspension provided so the front end of a Slingshot sees no extra loading due to the increased weight of the kit and the front to rear weight ratios haven't changed much which would affect the way Polaris designed the front end to handle .

The Differences from side to side of this turbo charged Slingshot clearly demonstrate the need for adjustable shocks to compensate , given a lot of Quad kits end up being used with force induction which adds weight disproportionately to one side The upgrade to adjustable front shocks as well is probably well advised. We sell and recommend an upgrade, if one hasn't already, to our fully adjustable coil over front QAIs for $575.00.

I hope to be able to offer a DDM adjustable shock package for the TrakHamrs soon as they are a terrific shock package as well.

• If you are interested in crunching Slingshot #s Edward Neal you can chew on these for a while, they are my C.of G. calculations of a stock Slingshot I had to calculate for axle placement when I built my first hydraulic drop deck trailer for the Slingshot. You will have to excuse my scribble as they were only intended for my eyes.