trakhamr self-install kit

• I applaud all the work everybody did to complete this project, but my question is how are my going to do this project in 5-6 hours when it took 3-4 guys with a shop environment 3 days to complete ? Is this more complicated than I think ? I really want this but since I am only 100 miles from Trakhamr how much more does it cost to have Troy install this kit ?

• It looks great.... how does it handle and hook up...

thats what I want to know, understeer?, oversteer? perfectly neutral? I would love to know how this thing takes a corner compared to how it did before, it has to be very different I would suspect

and clearly its got to be much faster off the line

inquiring minds want to know

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Handling is great in my opinion, but I’m no expert, since this is the first quad I’ve driven. Dave@DDMWorks might give some insight, he drove it about 50 miles today.

@R Lough i was pretty much the guinea pig on this for a later model sling. If you have a 2015 - 2016.5, you will have no problems. If you have a newer one, give Troy a couple of weeks to perfect the self install. Only he can give you install prices.

Here are a couple of videos for your enjoyment.

I have about 50g of install video to go through, will have to wait on that.

• It looks great.... how does it handle and hook up...

It,ll be cutting it close but with a little luck I may have mine installed in time for the Indy airpark 1/2 mile rabtech and you can try it out there .

Troy is trying to finish up his sold commitments and installations for a few people over the next month, a couple of them being very prominent forum members here, but that's their story to tell , so you won't hear about it from me .

@R Lough, Effective today there are no new installations available in Traverse City Or retail sales,. While Troy Hill will always be available for Technical support and manufacturing , He is no longer involved in sales or installations .

I,ll try to explain this without sounding arrogant on Troy's behalf, but he simply does not have the personal time available to dedicate to the TrakHamr Retail end of things. As the TrakHamr Brand has picked up momentum , Troy is very proud of his design and has put together a first class manufacturing team to support the increase in sales and has opted to turn all retail sales .installations and service over to a third party dedicated to growing TrakHamr sales.

The Trakhamr grew out of Troy's love for all things mechanical and fast ! but it has been his spare time passion that has brought to us this opportunity. It was never meant to be a fulltime career for Troy as his daily time is consumed heading up a very busy Engineering , Manufacturing Company in the Oil Field Equipment Industry. Michigan is huge in the Shale Oil Industry and his head office is in Dallas with many employees there.

@R Lough , The 5-6 hour installation time comes from Troy's mechanic with a helper in a well equipped shop and is pending no model year changes, or no casual days spent shopping for lug nuts. We are so confident in this number that we have included. free installation for those who want to ship their Slingshot to us and save us the cost of having to crate and ship a kit to you.

But there is no reason a guy couldn't install one at home on a weekend as long as he is the type of guy who can routinely jack Up a Slingshot pull a back tire , swing arm and unbolt an angle drive in a couple of hours. If you don't have the experience or time for this type of installation .we are actively pursuing qualified installers in every Region Of the United States and are pleased to announce ZZP in Michigan is anxious to provide installation services as well.

• I agree with kev on install time, if mine had slid into the frame as designed, it would have been much easier. The angle drive is a bit hard to get out, if you have never done it before. Now, I could yank it out quickly.

Also, if you have a rear exhaust, that will complicate matters, it will have to be re-routed.

I had a few issues on my install, Troy made it right for Dave to make modifications and get me going. Top notch customer service.

And not quad related, but Dave’s built motor, turbo and performance clutch is just too much fun. I have a completely different sling to drive.

I made it to Jackson, MS tonight, about 500 miles from Piedmont

• I applaud all the work everybody did to complete this project, but my question is how are my going to do this project in 5-6 hours when it took 3-4 guys with a shop environment 3 days to complete ? Is this more complicated than I think ? I really want this but since I am only 100 miles from Trakhamr how much more does it cost to have Troy install this kit ?

Randy,

if you decide to pull the trigger on it, we are happy to install it here at ZZPerformance for you. We are about 4hrs south west of you in Grand Rapids MI.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Save travels wokka and yes you certainly do have a whole new Slingshot now to experience , with that awesome new DDM build and a TrakHamr™ Quad Conversion, What more could a guy want ! lol Please keep us updated on how you are finding things when you do make it home safely. Can't wait to get my demo Sling converted in a couple weeks and get out to some rallies to let everybody try out the new TrakHamr™ for themselves !

• Looking at that aggressive stance, and that is bad-ass by the way wokka , my question is regarding rear fenders. It looks like the potential to throw water and road debris forward is pretty high. Has anyone discussed a fender setup for this and would it be a requirement to be legal in certain jurisdictions?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)