trakhamr self-install kit

• Wait a minute someone help me translate his french...........

You are doing a self install but you have to drop your sling at his shop. :/

Troy is using my slingshot as the test machine for his home kit. Engineering parts to make the process easier for those that will be doing it at home or at a shop of choice. Once the kit is finalized, others like wokka will take delivery of the parts and have their shop install it or do it themselves. Not exactly a foreign language to translate...

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• ZZP is only 2.5 hours from Troy's shop...tempting to stop in and say Hi when I pick it up.

You literally have to pass by us to get home. Like 2mi or less off either highway you come down. Would love to see this in person once you have it finished......aaaaaand maybe go for a ride with you. We have a testing grounds in down the street in Mexico ;):D where you could test a couple turns if you wanted. If you have the time, by all means let me know and swing by.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Wait a minute someone help me translate his french...........

You are doing a self install but you have to drop your sling at his shop. :/

It's the latest fashion now, just like when someone says I just changed my oil which they had done at the dealership. It's the latest rage.

• You literally have to pass by us to get home. Like 2mi or less off either highway you come down. Would love to see this in person once you have it finished......aaaaaand maybe go for a ride with you. We have a testing grounds in down the street in Mexico ;):D where you could test a couple turns if you wanted. If you have the time, by all means let me know and swing by.

Now the big question... How much for a turbo kit? I have the Hahn...but it's showing it's age...and with more traction...maybe I can get more power? lol

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Now the big question... How much for a turbo kit? I have the Hahn...but it's showing it's age...and with more traction...maybe I can get more power? lol

Out the door installed, tax, title, plate, delivery surcharge, fuel surcharge, some other random surcharges, a surcharge for the surcharges, and a Chihuahua ;)8o you would be right around $3959. That includes the kit, 6qts of Mobil 1 5w30 full syn oil, K&N oil filter, and a 25% labor discount for coming to us for the install and being a forum member. Could be a tad more or a tad less. It all depends on what it takes to get the old turbo kit off.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• HOT DAMN, that puts it in the 14k+ category and that is before options .....makes me regret even more passing on an Alpha quad conversion for half of that(neighbor discount)

Now here is a question I understand Manufacturers not wanting dealers to show prices below their MSRP to prevent a perceived devaluation of their product in some cases but a small manufacturer like Trackhmr should not be playing those games, there should be an estimated price list available.

For example in January when i bought my Jeep I contacted several(15+) dealers across the US and the ones that had the "call us to get the price/more info" were the ones trying to pressure me into buying something I did not want or had outrageous prices that had I known before I wouldn't have even called.

I am not saying that Troy is up to no good as I have no knowledge of the guy one way or another just saying that at least for me whenever I don't see an upfront price on a website it just makes me keep moving along and go elsewhere, it doesn't have to be a very detailed price but a rough estimate of a base kit.

Hello All,

Couple things for you to ponder. First I apologize for my lack of forum participation. Unfortunately I don't get to spend nearly as much time on the TrakHamr projects as I would like to. I enjoy it immensely but my attention gets pulled to other work projects more often than I like.

With that said I answer emails all the time and answer the phone 24/7 which any client of mine will attest to. I enjoy talking to you guys WAAAAY more than my clients in the other businesses that are less fun :)

As for pricing, it isn't a game but rather the desire to have personal contact and talk to someone about what they are trying to achieve, what they are looking for with their project and achieving realistic expectations and meeting or exceeding them. I talk people OUT of things they don't need not the other way around. And even if I posted the pricing schedule in size 44 font across the main web page I would still get the same "Is it cheaper if I supply the shocks, what about if it's all black, how about if my cousin comes and sweeps the shop, is there a discount for volume pricing as I am a prince in Dubai and wish to purchase 27 of them will you accept cashiers check for $5000 over the amount and bitcoin me the change" questions....

So I figure people can call me. You know, like in the good old days. Ring Ring "Hello?"

PS. they aren't $14k.... not even close.

Stay tuned for some more info this week on the self install kits and Br4hm4's first ride impressions.

As always, ride safe and hammer down.

Thanks,

Troy

• Rear-end is packed and on the way : ZcduWvA.jpg

please post lots of pictures when you do the install - - this self install idea is very intriguing to me. very curious as to what exactly is involved

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I plan to, Troy tells me it will take 5 to 6 hours, depending on how fast you get the angle drive out and is 7 bolts, the brake line and sensor wiring.

More to come!

does it retain the stock driveshaft or does it need one special made?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies