trakhamr self-install kit

• I ordered a http://trakhamr.com/ kit today, they are working on a self-install kit and Troy tells me you can do the install in one day. This install is completely reversible if you want, just have to replace a plastic piece on the back that is cut during the install. All of the parts are off the shelf I'm told. If I get a parts list, will share that.

For a limited time, the price is lower, but at the end of the summer, he's upping the price. There is a contact form on his website. If you are on the fence about getting a quad, now is the time for it.

He has options for upgraded brakes and upgraded suspension if you want, and rear fenders, but he says they aren't needed unless your state requires them. Water goes out and to the back.

Included in the price is packing and shipping via freight, powder coating of the parts to your color.

Since I have dual welters, I'll have to relocate them, and he's including mounting hardware for that.

If you choose not to do the self install, you can have him install it, and he can custom weld the exhaust if you have exit.

I'll be ordering another wheel/tire to match what I have.

As I get pics in from Troy of the build, I'll post, and of course, a full review once it's installed. There is also a good review and information on TDS in a thread, and Troy participates there. I'll try and get him to peek in here as well. https://www.slingshotforums.co…t-customer-review.177619/

First teaser pic :

ZcduWvA.jpg

• I've not seen a price online anywhere, and everyone has always insisted to contact Troy at trakhamr about it. He didn't specifically ask me not to post it online.

He does not have prices on his website currently, so I'll respect him not posting that and not post it here. Contact Troy, he's a very friendly and knowledgable guy.

• I used their contact us form to ask about cost so I can figure out how much I need to free up on my credit card.

wokka sent me the price in a PM... (I offered dinner at the ranch after Eureka Springs as an incentive)

Without ruining the mystery, let's just say you could boost your sling, and do the same for a couple good friends - and then buy everyone gas and travel to a real nice restaurant and buy them all dinner, too.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• wokka sent me the price in a PM... (I offered dinner at the ranch after Eureka Springs as an incentive)

Without ruining the mystery, let's just say you could boost your sling, and do the same for a couple good friends - and then buy everyone gas and travel to a real nice restaurant and buy them all dinner, too.

HOT DAMN, that puts it in the 14k+ category and that is before options .....makes me regret even more passing on an Alpha quad conversion for half of that(neighbor discount)

Now here is a question I understand Manufacturers not wanting dealers to show prices below their MSRP to prevent a perceived devaluation of their product in some cases but a small manufacturer like Trackhmr should not be playing those games, there should be an estimated price list available.

For example in January when i bought my Jeep I contacted several(15+) dealers across the US and the ones that had the "call us to get the price/more info" were the ones trying to pressure me into buying something I did not want or had outrageous prices that had I known before I wouldn't have even called.

I am not saying that Troy is up to no good as I have no knowledge of the guy one way or another just saying that at least for me whenever I don't see an upfront price on a website it just makes me keep moving along and go elsewhere, it doesn't have to be a very detailed price but a rough estimate of a base kit.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I'm with you, no out in the open pricing...no deal.

• HOT DAMN, that puts it in the 14k+ category and that is before options .....makes me regret even more passing on an Alpha quad conversion for half of that(neighbor discount)

I was thinking of a $3,500 boost kit.... x3 gets you a trackhamr ($10,500). Add "a bit" for installation. You can get about $1000 off if you're an early adopter.

Like Rolex watches & Porsche cars, outa my league. Still gonna congratulate wokka on his build and put on my drool bib when I take photos. Not above whining like a 5-year old for a ride, either! :love:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I was thinking of a $3,500 boost kit.... x3 gets you a trackhamr ($10,500). Add "a bit" for installation. You can get about $1000 off if you're an early adopter.

Like Rolex watches & Porsche cars, outa my league. Still gonna congratulate wokka on his build and put on my drool bib when I take photos. Not above whining like a 5-year old for a ride, either! :love:

I am still in the pre-ZZP mentality that getting boost is 4500(on sale) bucks for the base kit,

Ok at that price is about the price Bullet speed quad goes for.

• I personally have not contacted Troy but I was told by another person that has done a quad conversion said they got pricing from both bullet and Troy and the trakhamr kit was about $10k and the bullet kit, which is what this person went with, was $13k. Now I'm sure there are options that could make the final price less or more on both kits but this is the info I was given on their specific quotes.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Mine is looking like the test monkey for the self install kit. I drop it off on Saturday. I will be getting it back sometime in July. I will have a full on write up like I normally do with all the products I have bought.

ZZP is only 2.5 hours from Troy's shop...tempting to stop in and say Hi when I pick it up.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Mine is looking like the test monkey for the self install kit. I drop it off on Saturday. I will be getting it back sometime in July. I will have a full on write up like I normally do with all the products I have bought.

ZZP is only 2.5 hours from Troy's shop...tempting to stop in and say Hi when I pick it up.

Wait a minute someone help me translate his french...........

You are doing a self install but you have to drop your sling at his shop. :/