trakhamr self-install kit

• OK.. all this talk about how wide or narrow the back ends are and rear end treatments it is time for a public service announcement for all of us over 50 guys.

Time for that Colonoscopy.. Could save your life. :)

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I worked with a guy who graduated from the same high school 13 years earlier than I did who had a sense of humor similar to mine. We'd go to several amateur radio Hamfests every year and if I saw large cable ties, I'd tell him they were selling sex toys. When he had to get the old finger wave prostate check, he'd tell the doctor he'd give the doctor 15 minutes to stop doing the finger wave or else! I miss him now that he's gone.

• Ok. The word is out that Painter and I purchased The Trakhamr kits for our Slings. We got the kits on Saturday 9/7 from TrakHamr Troy himself. We put them on the trailer and headed home. I put about 100 miles on mine (riding to Jim’s house) before we headed to Mayhem in the Mountains on Tuesday 9/9. Jim has 0 miles. We headed out on back roads and had a blast for the first 250 miles or so. Well all expect for the 90 degree turn I took at like 45 because I was way to busy looking at the countryside. (Troy it held great and probably saved my life. For the rest of you I do not recommend trying this. ). As we were wrapping up our ride on Tuesday Jim began to experience an issue which caused him to swerve left or right. We had 208 miles of nail biting driving the next day to Bristol. We were positive it was the front tires so we replaced them immediately. We were wrong. So we set an appointment for our alignments. We were promptly there at 8am Thursday morning and they started on Jim’s first. Shortly after they put it on the lift they came and got us to see the issue. The bolts on the heim plate were very loose and allowed the plate and the heims to slip. They took the bolts out and put lock tight on, put them back and then finished the alignments. After that we put well over 1000 miles on them and I think was simply awesome!

The handling is incredible, the reaction of the sling is incredible. And they look badass.

When kev or TrakHamr say CHECK ALL THE BOLTS all I can say is DO IT!!!

Thanks Troy for a wonderful add to our slings.

Ok JIM if you disagree with my review. Your turn

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• 1. I said I would never have a top on my Sling. Bought one of the first Mean Sling tops from Ruptured Duck at Maggie thinking I would remove it as soon as I got back. You know..... If Slings were meant to have tops, they all would have come with one. Never took it off and love it!

2. I said I would never go “boosted”. Then Slingrazor talked me into the DDM Supercharger. Love it so much that if I got another Sling it would have that awesome addition!

3. I said I would never go Quad. Looks like too much of a “car” already and the Sling performs well with three wheels. Well, everyone calls it a “car” anyway and I’m about “modded out” so I began to think about it. Then a single trip to Nova Scotia produced three failed axle bearings and I had to search all over the country, (Polaris didn’t seem to have any and could not even give an availability date), pay overnight shipping, lost three days of riding, listened to Kay telling me to get another Harley ....... Well... You get my drift here.

IMO, the Right Angle Drive and the poorly designed Axle Bearings are the weakest part on the Slingshot. The Quad eliminates all that!

Of course I was a bit concerned about all the negative posts about going 4 but, after all, it was MY SLING and if I wanted 10 wheels on it no one has the right to say “You just can’t do that”! I’ve always had bikes...way too many to count but one thing always held true..... mine was different and reflected my dream.

On the Trakhamr..... I’m in love! It rides smoother; it is quieter; it handles unbelievably; it looks waaaay better than any of the pictures. AND it provides seating for two on those massive rear tires! It’s an Old Man’s “Chick Magnet” for sure!

Down side.... it’s a bit pricey though still $thousands cheaper than competitors. I believe it’s perfect for a “Boosted” Sling but I have no first hand knowledge of it on a stock engine. It also give you the feeling that it could take a 90 degree sharp corner at 50MPH...... oh .... SlingRider already proved that one!

The design is stellar! Simple, effective and other than the support cage, parts are “off the shelf” .... I like that! Adjustments are easy, it stays attached to the road, stays virtually level and is a blast to drive.

To the naysayers..... I’ll never tell you the decal you put on your fin transforms your Sling into something other than a Sling...... Just remember that. Just think of my Quad as a huge decal and we will be just fine!

• Oh.... a big shout out to wokka and Br4hm4 for all the input, advise and knowledge. I trust Forum Members and certainly was not disappointed here.. you guys paved the way and I could not be happier! Kudos

Been told I am really bad for other people's wallets... :)

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I guess I have to start saving$$$

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Couldn't meet a nicer couple of gentlemen than these two.

Thanks to both the Jim's for the support and business. Enjoy the ride guys, now that you have traction a little more power wouldn't hurt anything .... :thumbsup: lol

Stay tuned for the next thing coming from TrakHamr- The Mjölnir details in the coming weeks

Ride safe, Hamr Down

• steal the drive line from a Subaru wrx and with the Trakhamr back make it all wheel drive 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies