About the front intakes...

• I know there are some addons out there that can partially fill out the open air spaces in the front by the tires. My question to the collective group are their downsides. My gut feeling is that if you attempting to fill out those open spaces fully with aftermarket you cut off a lot of airflow to the engine compartment thereby increasing average engine temps in the summer. Anyone know if the polaris engineers commented on that?

• I also like the way it finishes off the front end of the SS. They're on my list, but wanted to see more units installed on other SS's before I pulled the trigger. It showcases the springs and rods and such which compliment the accent color on my SS (red), which when I first bought it, the first thing I did was start ripping the vinyl decals off immediately and planned on plasti dipping the red rods and such because I don't care for red too much, but now I think I'm going to leave them red and showcase them to compliment the rest of the red bits.

Be safe and God bless!

• I also like the way it finishes off the front end of the SS. They're on my list, but wanted to see more units installed on other SS's before I pulled the trigger. It showcases the springs and rods and such which compliment the accent color on my SS (red), which when I first bought it, the first thing I did was start ripping the vinyl decals off immediately and planned on plasti dipping the red rods and such because I don't care for red too much, but now I think I'm going to leave them red and showcase them to compliment the rest of the red bits.

Since day one my plan is to debadge the slinger. I really don't like the lettering and to me it's just unpaid advertisement. It's just my preference but I don't care for lettering and labels. The polaris icon badge is actually not bad and if I wasn't going for a batmobile motif I would keep it but I am going to replace it with the batman logo I currently have on the windshield. My plan is to make the bright orange piping pop against the black gloss. My only bummer is that I can't maintain a continuous stripe line going from front to back because of the plastic panels that make that hard to get right.

• Since day one my plan is to debadge the slinger. I really don't like the lettering and to me it's just unpaid advertisement. It's just my preference but I don't care for lettering and labels. The polaris icon badge is actually not bad and if I wasn't going for a batmobile motif I would keep it but I am going to replace it with the batman logo I currently have on the windshield. My plan is to make the bright orange piping pop against the black gloss. My only bummer is that I can't maintain a continuous stripe line going from front to back because of the plastic panels that make that hard to get right.

I removed the "slingshot sl" from the fin. thought about removing the hood badge, but never got around to it. now its been on there so long I would be afraid it would leave shadowing. What I would really like to get rid of is the "POLARIS" on the nose

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I removed the "slingshot sl" from the fin. thought about removing the hood badge, but never got around to it. now its been on there so long I would be afraid it would leave shadowing. What I would really like to get rid of is the "POLARIS" on the nose

You should be proud of the entire vehicle....I just got these in the mail

https://www.slingmods.com/foam…s-slingshot?search=Arm%20

Mine say “slingshot” in fast gray....:thumbsup:

• You should be proud of the entire vehicle....I just got these in the mail

https://www.slingmods.com/foam…s-slingshot?search=Arm%20

Mine say “slingshot” in fast gray....:thumbsup:

meh - - I don't like to do their advertising for free - - - actually I would like to put a Porsche emblem on the hood and "Speedster" in gold on the fin just to mess with people

RNLA55932140.jpg

• I removed the "slingshot sl" from the fin. thought about removing the hood badge, but never got around to it. now its been on there so long I would be afraid it would leave shadowing. What I would really like to get rid of is the "POLARIS" on the nose

You and I think alike. All I want on my fin is what I have on the upper center portion namely batman logos on each side. Once I move my windshield logo down to the lower front hood section it will be perfectly balanced. I visited a friend who had no clue what I showing up in and he said the first thing he noticed (after taking in the whole effect) were the fin and windshield logos. Being that he is a batman nut like me, he really dug it.

Ironically even with all that slingshot labeling I still get asked what is it called and sometimes I just gesture to the obnoxiously large hood lettering to answer the question.

So yeah I would rather legitimately answer the question because there is no "slingshot" name in sight. It's all preference and I am just glad I can do these little things without costing much. It would make no sense to these types of modifications for a real car. I would never say, de-badge a corvette because come on it's a corvette!

But a slinger, yeah no probs here. At the end of the day, it my little toy batmobile that I can drive and that's all I want.

Oh and I totally agree with that "polaris" nose piece. I wish I knew someone who could 3d print a proper nose/nostril to replace it with. BTW here is what my old batmobile looked like 20 years ago. So yeah that nose is what I would love to have with the slinger. I was ok with the lettering on that one :)Image result for pontiac trans am ram air

• Here is my idea of car model lettering done right....

Note how discreet and small it is compared to the rest of the car? Had polaris done something like this I would probably not be taking it off.

But I get it, polaris doesn't have a rep like pontiac did with the trans-am so they want to blast the slingshot name brand to everyone within eyeshot.

To each their own.

BTW I was never a fan of the bandit phoenix look of the old trans-ams.

Image result for pontiac trans am ram air

• I still have a 98 TA

• My SL never came with any lettering on the hood just the emblem and like I said my fin has been de-badged

clean fin

i-nQsHSXM-X2.jpg

and except for the emblem clean hood

i-TJgMjcp-X2.jpg