New to the Community

• Glad you made it over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sounds like you are asking the right questions ahead of time and found the right place to do so. Sounds like you have already crossed the line and convinced yourself the slingshot is what you need to fill the classic car void of speed and reliability. Not everyone can afford to drop coin on a true retro-mod done the right way.

I was in your shoes 3 years ago. Took a ride with a buddy in a slingshot and within a few months I was looking to sell my 1964 Chevelle and purchase a slingshot. Only had room to garage one vehicle.

One thing to note at your age, you will be about half as old as the average slingshot owner/driver for the most part. :D But I gotta admit, these old dudes drive them like they stole them... Not often do I find myself at a snails pace at meet ups. Best of luck to you!

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Welcome to the family friend. Comb through the forums. A lot of useful information found on this site. A lot of experienced members that can assist with practically anything! Good luck on making the decision to purchase one or not. I haven't rode in the rain yet but it's coming soon. I keep the rain gear behind the seat...... just not willing to get her that dirty just yet.

Be safe and God bless!

• Sounds like you are asking the right questions ahead of time and found the right place to do so. Sounds like you have already crossed the line and convinced yourself the slingshot is what you need to fill the classic car void of speed and reliability. Not everyone can afford to drop coin on a true retro-mod done the right way.

I was in your shoes 3 years ago. Took a ride with a buddy in a slingshot and within a few months I was looking to sell my 1964 Chevelle and purchase a slingshot. Only had room to garage one vehicle.

One thing to note at your age, you will be about half as old as the average slingshot owner/driver for the most part. :D But I gotta admit, these old dudes drive them like they stole them... Not often do I find myself at a snails pace at meet ups. Best of luck to you!

I have not sold my other toys but the 35 Ford and the 68 Chevelle have not been out since I had back surgery in 2005. The Harley has had very few miles put on it since I got the SS in 2015 (20,000 miles) Come on out and let's see if you can keep up.

• ...Come on out and let's see if you can keep up.

I hear you are wicked fast and NEVER use the middle pedal! Would love to ride with you any day of the week.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I’d love to see this 35 Ford. I was looking at used Slings and saw a supercharged SL for 18k. 260 hp. I can only imagine the acceleration on that thing. I can’t wait to get one and meet up for some cruises!

• I’d love to see this 35 Ford. I was looking at used Slings and saw a supercharged SL for 18k. 260 hp. I can only imagine the acceleration on that thing. I can’t wait to get one and meet up for some cruises!

The 35 was street rodded in 1974 (ALL CHEV. except the body). By a guy named Dwayte Guech in Dacator Alabama. I bought it as a show car, under it was as clean as the hand rubbed black lacquor on the top. I bought it I think in 1990 and put 100,000 miles on it. New radiator sitting in the back seat since 2005. There might be a little bit of a picture showing in my SS build section. We did the car show thing from 1989 till 2005, (Daytona to Evansville) when I had the back surgery.

18k for a supercharged sling is a steal, that like getting the sling for 13K .

Any more details on it so we can help you spend your money!

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Personally I would be very hesitant to buy a boosted slingshot, unless I knew the person selling it and its history I would be concerned that it might be very abused

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I

Personally I would be very hesitant to buy a boosted slingshot, unless I knew the person selling it and its history I would be concerned that it might be very abused

Which is why I asked him to post details rather than saying go buy it.

However it is all the luck of the draw I know of several people who ran the heck out of their sling with early alpha turbos some even killed the engines and now have junkyard motors in them and at the time of sale they removed the turbos and sold the sling as used NA and new owners bought them none the wiser.

The sling he mentioned has a supercharger and to this day very few issues have ever come up even with those that get ran hard.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Here is the description from the supercharged listing:

260HP SUPERCHARGED!!!

With only 1,100 miles. It’s virtually brand new!

This is a one of a kinda slingshot owned by ProCharger to use as a development vehicle for these amazing supercharged kits.

It’s got all the goodies in place like the backup camera, stereo, LED lights etc. Runs and drives like stock other then loads and loads more HP!

This thing is a riot to drive spirited and absolutely needs a much stickier tire in the rear :)

MINOR BELM: as shown in the photos there are two minor paint chips on the nose. Which could easily be touched up. It happened when the hood was removed during supercharger install.

If anyone has any questions do not hesitate to ask.

• Since your an mechanically inclined - you probably plan on modifying the slingshot.... I think it would be best/ more efficient/ less costly to modify a brand new base model..

That way you aren't trying to figure out someone elses wiring, and garage technique. Just check out the DIY threads - there is more than seven ways to install any one particular mod. Most folks in here are DIY'ers, and have fantastic ideas that work; and then someone else does the same install differently - to suit their needs or their other installs..

This is a one of a kinda slingshot owned by ProCharger to use as a development vehicle for these amazing supercharged kits.

the fact the owner used it as a guinea pig for engine upgrades... that would be PASS for most of us I think.

Just get the shiny new one, and pick your mods SLOWLY.. you WILL eventually be re-modifying your mods anyways, but youll know exactly how to install and uninstall your mods!

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Personally I’m a little hesitant on a supercharged test engine. I just imagine the piss being driven out of it. I have never supercharged an engine personally but been around them and had friends add one, and I know when doing it on a car, you have to use special gaskets (copper) and head studs all sortable of stuff.

Guardian_Angel brings up a good point. I am particular when it comes to my machinery, carpentry etc. I want to do things the “right way” I hide my work like wiring and go the extra mile so it’s better than new ideally. I’m gonna keep searching for a deal on a stock model if possible. Electrical is my biggest enemy. I can do it but hate it, and don’t want to stumble into someone else’s mess.

• Adding a DDM supercharger takes about 3 hours with a little help. Takes two people to lift off and put back on the hood. Also, two sets of eyes to see if anything is missed and someone to hand over tools and drinks. :D

Agree what Darrell said. I've installed two in my house garage and it was cake.