Wiring iphone Xgrip Ram Mount Holder

• I want to install an xgrip powered phone holder to the windshield mount with a ram ball. The one I bought comes with the standard wiring that connects directly to the battery. I want to connect this into wiring directly so that it is only on when the ignition is on. I am looking for suggestions as they best place to tap into for switched power and what others have done. This will be the only powered accessory I plan to install so I am not looking for anything fancy but something permanent and that is only live when the ignition is on. Suggestions would be appreciated for a guy who has not done much electrical work but is more than willing to learn if someone is willing to explain in terms a newbie like me could understand.

• I would just use the power plug in the glove box. It is only hot when the ignition is on and it is what I currently use for both my phone and my gopro camera

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• do you mean you have a 12 volt plug on the ends of the charge cables that you plug into the socket or did you hard wire to the power supply to the 12 volt socket? My xgrip holder does not have a 12 volt plug in and I may use that socket for some under dash colored lights.

• do you mean you have a 12 volt plug on the ends of the charge cables that you plug into the socket or did you hard wire to the power supply to the 12 volt socket? My xgrip holder does not have a 12 volt plug in and I may use that socket for some under dash colored lights.

both my phone and the gopro use UBS cables so I have a dual port USB plug in the 12 volt socket that I just plug them into, but for your application I would just tap in and hard wire it off of the back of the socket behind the glove box this will give you the switched 12 volts you are looking for.

• This may solve your problem. The dual USB ports and volt meter can be powered off the leads that go to the 12 volt socket in the glove box. It is very easy to tap into these lines and the wire run is also very easy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• This may solve your problem. The dual USB ports and volt meter can be powered off the leads that go to the 12 volt socket in the glove box. It is very easy to tap into these lines and the wire run is also very easy.

If I read the OP correctly he needs 12 volt so I am not sure USB ports will work for his application

• Don't use the USB ports, just needs 12v and ground, which can be tapped that go to the power port in the glove box, it's already switched off of the ignition.

I use this to power my relay that powers my fuse box in the glove box, but wanted it all to be switched.

We are all probably saying the same thing, just doing a bad job of it :)