OEM Double Bubble windshield

• I was thinking that the OEM double bubble windshields might be nice to use in the summer to get more air in the cockpit on our 110+ days but I noticed on the MeanSling web site under more information for the Sport Top it says "some trimming of corners required" Ruptured Duck can you give me more information about this? I dont know if I want to buy the double bubbles if this is something that is going to mess up the way the windshields look and I am not sure I have the tools that would be needed to do the job

Thanks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was thinking that the OEM double bubble windshields might be nice to use in the summer to get more air in the cockpit on our 110+ days but I noticed on the MeanSling web site under more information for the Sport Top it says "some trimming of corners required" Ruptured Duck can you give me more information about this? I dont know if I want to buy the double bubbles if this is something that is going to mess up the way the windshields look and I am not sure I have the tools that would be needed to do the job

Thanks

Check around and you just might get one for just the shipping. There were a little over 400 of them given out with those sets of tires and rims that were sold for $450. I forget where I sent mine to.

• $65 on amazon for OEM double bubble

Polaris Slingshot new OEM double bubble windshield

looking at the picture of this I just dont see why it would need to be cut to work with my meansling sport top which is why I started this thread to ask

Thanks

The double bubbles actually go further inwards towards the cabin than the other WS. As the top tilts forward the leading edge can just make minor contact with the DB / WS.

Riding without the WS at all with a full face helmet is the most fun to me.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I just put the $65 doubles on the monster to make it cooler. I don’t wear a helmet unless I have to, so it was a great deal for me. They work good for cooling and blocking the face wind and for the money I decided to try them. I like them except it is louder and need to turn up the music a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• The double bubbles actually go further inwards towards the cabin than the other WS. As the top tilts forward the leading edge can just make minor contact with the DB / WS.

Ruptured Duck are you saying the contact is only when opening the top all the way to get in and out?

• Yes...

cool - thanks. I am still on the fence about the double bubbles - love the way they look, but still not sure

would love to get a bit more air in the cockpit, but not sure I want to be switching windshields back and forth every time the weather changes - - your top with my standard blade windshield is really pretty good in the rain and the top can be popped on in the morning if needed in a few minutes - - pretty sure double bubbles would be worthless in the rain - - also not sure how the wind would be with the top and the double bubbles - with my current windshield the wind with the top is very loud ht higher speed as the wind blows right up into the top I would love a solution that would direct more air into the cab when needed but also direct the air to make less noise when the top is installed.

• well - I went ahead and ordered the double bubbles - at $65 it is not an big investment and I really think the extra air flow will make this summer bit cooler on my rides home

• Edward Neal I was about to send you a message i had a set, but you may not want them i sprayed some of the tint on them. if somebody knows how to take it off there yours just handle shipping.

greatly appreciate the offer, but I already pushed the button on the order - Wife was standing behind me when I was looking at them and told me to get them - - - who am I to argue

• The double bubbles actually go further inwards towards the cabin than the other WS. As the top tilts forward the leading edge can just make minor contact with the DB / WS.

Hey Ruptured Duck just out of curiosity have you ever ridden without a windshield with the sport top on?

just curious if you have how top handles the full wind flow of no windshield

• Hey Ruptured Duck just out of curiosity have you ever ridden without a windshield with the sport top on?

just curious if you have how top handles the full wind flow of no windshield

it is capable to handle the load but I recommend lower speeds. The top was tested with all W/S noted on our website and stand behind the speed rating that is well above most posted legal limits. Without a WS air flow is lower and will apply more load than mormal.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: