MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS (Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 10:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 11:42 am)

Date

MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS

Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 9:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 10:42 am

2033 W State St, Bristol, VA 24201

Participants

38 participants, 38 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Sep 12th 2019, 7:46 am
  • well almost 2000 miles and alot of smiles finally made it home. No issues on the entire ride, sling or weather. Definitely putting this on my to do this for next year.

Honored to have you this time and will be next as well:)

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Here's quick slide show from Holston Dam. We did not take the time to color grade each photo. If there is a photo there that you would like we will be glad to email you a raw copy.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• You didn't tell us how you came out on that extra stop you made Sunday with the man and the flashing lights!!!

Here is my part. We pulled out of the shopping mall and drove about 1/4 mile to the next traffic light. We pulled off from that light and I had never even seen the cop when he pulled up beside me and slowed down (me with no helmet but with a top) I waved to him thinking he was going to pull over to the car on the side of the road and drove on to the motel. I did see the blue light behind me but I thought it was for the car on the side of the road. It was only a coupe of miles to the motel and Hodge was not behind me. The part that I do know is Hodge had rode with a helmet on all day in the heat. Now the rest of the story belongs to Hodge. I still have not worn a helmet in around 3 years except when raining.

• You didn't tell us how you came out on that extra stop you made Sunday with the man and the flashing lights!!!

Like FunCycle said the distance from restaurant to hotel was under ten min. Given the temp figured might as well. Cop was actually waiting on the side of the road when we past him. As soon as I saw him catch up and check us out had a feeling he would pull me over. Sure enough he settled behind me so figured would switch to right lane and that's when turned his lights on. Guy was nice enough just gave me a warning about helmet. Nothing too exciting. Posted pic more to get a rise out of Jiffer. :evil:

• To summarize the local and state police over the event. Everybody's encounter with the police seemed to go pretty well.

No tickets, no accidents, no scrapes of any kind. Thank God.

The only thing I seem to have noticed that we had over forty Slings here. I dare say 50 if you count the ones gone on Friday and the ones in on Saturday.

But the only people that got pulled over are from North of the Mason Dixon Line. :00010166:

I think the Hillbilly police here just wanted to know if you folks talked funny.:POKESS:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

Edited once, last by 123hotdog ().

• Heard from Boomer today and he told me there were only 42 Slingshots at the Eureka Springs Rally and that Scott was packing everything up today, 2 days before the end of the rally. Real glad wife and I went to Bristol instead, hell of a lot more fun.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Here's quick slide show from Holston Dam. We did not take the time to color grade each photo. If there is a photo there that you would like we will be glad to email you a raw copy.

Love it , thanks for sharing.

I missed the group photo but my Slingshot was the center :). My wife Bridget made the shot though 😊😊

• Heard from Boomer today and he told me there were only 42 Slingshots at the Eureka Springs Rally and that Scott was packing everything up today, 2 days before the end of the rally. Real glad wife and I went to Bristol instead, hell of a lot more fun.

We are so glad you folks came. The roads are great here. The food was good. The entertainment was exceptional but not even the entertainment compared to the people that were here. This forum and Mayhem in the Mountains have allot in common. They are both fun and great in their own way but without the people both slingshotinfo.com and Mayhem in the Mountains wouldn't exist. :00009320:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Another quick slide show. This one from the No Horse Saloon.

I'm sorry!!!!! This isn't supposed to be funny but I laughed my butt off! I will see if I can fix the typo!!!!! LMAO

UPDATE: It is fixed. If it is still showing the "typo" you need to refresh your page.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868