MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS (Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 10:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 11:42 am)

Date

MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS

Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 9:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 10:42 am

2033 W State St, Bristol, VA 24201

Participants

38 participants, 38 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Sep 12th 2019, 7:46 am
  • Well Hodge and I are still here and we will leave out early in the morning. You all know me, I have to get that last ride in before I leave the Bristol. We will be riding the Snake on the way out. Thanks 123hotdog and Denise for the week/weekend I have enjoyed every minute. Thanks to the other Sling riders also, I have enjoyed the riding and the socializing. Safe trips home for everyone and cannot wait to see everyone again.

• Thanks to great support from DDM Works, Friendship Motorsports, ZZP, James Meadows, and more we had plenty of great gift to raffle off. Oh yea and a special thanks to Greg at Romantic Escapades. If you didn't go and you are reading this well guess what! You imagination will just have to wonder till next year.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

Edited once, last by 123hotdog ().

• I know it's been said here a few times but this was one of if not the best event I have been to. I have met more people and made more friends here then any other event. The roads are great, the weather was great and thanks to Tim and Denise I got a good start on putting on that weight for winter.:thumbsup:

• We’re home (safe and sound)...

Tim/Denise ~> you both nailed it!! sideslinger and I has a BLAST and can’t wait to do it all over again next year!!

Special thanks to everyone who made the trip out to Bristol (it’s always great to spend time with y’all) and to all the folks who helped “behind-the-scenes” to make this a HUGE SUCCESS (you know who you are)!!

This event was everything an SS event should be... family... slings... AND RIDING!!!!! 8):thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I know it's been said here a few times but this was one of if not the best event I have been to. I have met more people and made more friends here then any other event. The roads are great, the weather was great and thanks to Tim and Denise I got a good start on putting on that weight for winter.:thumbsup:

I really enjoyed riding with you today after brunch. This is not the right place to do this but I'm going to anyway. For those of you that don't know Hodge, he is from far away. You would never know it. What a down to earth guy. He is young enough to be my son. Now somebody please tell me why in the hell when we got a beer after riding, Funcycle and I got carded and Hodge did not??(?(:/:/ No picture but it was funny as Hell.:D:D:D

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• This was a great Event!! I want to thank Tim and Denise and Friendship Motorsports and James Meadows for all they did to put on this Event. It was one Hell of a party. If you missed it you miss a great time. I can't say enough about the great people, rides and drinks and food. Now that's how you throw an Event. I want to thank you all! I will be back in the real world tomorrow at work but I will be on a high until Christmas remembering the fun and friends! Tim you have your work cut out for you trying to top this next year! Sorry, Tim.... hide your Sling for two weeks. I think all of the police departments in Virginia are still trying to catch us!! Thank you!!

• Well Hodge and I are still here and we will leave out early in the morning. You all know me, I have to get that last ride in before I leave the Bristol. We will be riding the Snake on the way out. Thanks 123hotdog and Denise for the week/weekend I have enjoyed every minute. Thanks to the other Sling riders also, I have enjoyed the riding and the socializing. Safe trips home for everyone and cannot wait to see everyone again.

I hope and pray you come early every single event we do. I had a blast. I love the one on one opportunity to get my dose of what I like to call "FunCycle Driving School"

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• This was a great Event!! I want to thank Tim and Denise and Friendship Motorsports and James Meadows for all they did to put on this Event. It was one Hell of a party. If you missed it you miss a great time. I can't say enough about the great people, rides and drinks and food. Now that's how you throw an Event. I want to thank you all! I will be back in the real world tomorrow at work but I will be on a high until Christmas remembering the fun and friends! Tim you have your work cut out for you trying to top this next year! Sorry, Tim.... hide your Sling for two weeks. I think all of the police departments in Virginia are still trying to catch us!! Thank you!!

Yea no sh*t. You guys got me wearing a helmet now for sure. Every drop of sweat that comes off my head from wearing it was well worth it. The friendships and the good times far exceeds any backlash from the local PD. I expect to see something about it on the news this weekend. I'll get my Beta max out and record it if it does.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Got to say had a great time this weekend. The best SS get together ever :00008040:. Much thanks to Tim and Denise for all they did to make this possible. Tim also has a great dealer and his staff. If you didn't come you missed great rides, food, and fellowship. Can't wait till next year :00000441:.

Frank we enjoyed meeting you and Cathy. I hate it took so long to meet you folks with you living so close. That just means we've got lost time to make up for.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Thank you for coming. We so enjoyed having you. Next time, come early and we'll let you shoot up the yard.8o

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Now we have to talk about Thursday afternoon. It was a record speed ride leaving down the back of the Dragon. First I wanted to thank our group that let FunCycle, Painter and me go first down the Dragon. If we were not tied together I don't know what we were racing down the mountain. Painter thank you for one hell of a ride. I know we wanted to take a ride together and we sure picked the perfect place to do it! Thank you for letting me draft off of you. By the way when you get home if you have any extra orange paint on the back of your Slingshot scrape it off and ship it back to me. Thank you FunCycle you are one hell of a driver and leader. I'm just sorry none of us had a Go Pro! It would have made for fun viewing over and over!

Thanks to EjFord and ThomSS and Rho for traveling down with me from Indiana and riding with me in Bristol. Thanks to Goats_Hogs and Sharon for taking off work early to come down.

P.S. If you want a Sunday afternoon ride call SlingRider! :thumbsup: