MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS (Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 10:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 11:42 am)

Date

MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS

Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 9:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 10:42 am

2033 W State St, Bristol, VA 24201

Participants

38 participants, 38 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Sep 12th 2019, 7:46 am
  • We are so happy you folks are all coming. Old friends and new ones. We are happy that allot of people are able to come early. For those of you that are event veterans you know this but some may not. Once an event gets rolling it's kinda hard to keep up and communicate if you don't know allot of people. Especially if you are trying to text MACAWS. FunCycle got him a new phone but that damn wooden phone won't receive a text either. :D:D

So if you have any questions or concerns or special needs, NOW IS THE TIME TO ASK.:S:S You can pm me if you don't want to ask on this thread.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• For those of you that are trying to get in participation bloc be sure you sight into Slingshotinfo.com. Even if it identifies you it may not let you manage participation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you are in the event thread not the discussion thread if you are trying to update participation

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Well, I hope it is not a problem, but, I had tried to register and it says " The closing date for this event has closed".

Make sure you are in the event thread not the discussion thread if you are trying to update participation

So, I am new to all of this. Dang computers! LOL

2019 GT

Three years of too much stuff to list

• CaptainZ, GA Slinger, and Ga Batcycle. You are all listed as undecided participants now. Click on the Calendar tab at the top of the screen. Click on upcoming events. Select Mayhem in the Mountains. Scroll down till you see manage participation click on it and you can add yourself and passenger as well. You must be logged in to do this.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• 123hotdog I'm not attending your event but have been following this thread. I've had a small taste of what it takes to organize something like this and you should be commended for your efforts. I'm sure you have no idea how many hours you've invested.

It sounds like you've planned everything in your control. The only thing left is the weather and we can't control that so I pray you have great weather and a successful event.

To those who are attending ,this man should be commended for his efforts regardless.

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe :00000436:

• 123hotdog I'm not attending your event but have been following this thread. I've had a small taste of what it takes to organize something like this and you should be commended for your efforts. I'm sure you have no idea how many hours you've invested.

It sounds like you've planned everything in your control. The only thing left is the weather and we can't control that so I pray you have great weather and a successful event.

To those who are attending ,this man should be commended for his efforts regardless.

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe :00000436:

Ya'all have no idea how hard this guy has worked on this event. He has covered every detail so perfectly you would think it was what he did for a living. Just to back up what DER said everyone should commend him for his efforts, I have organized many events and know how complicated it can be. But what most people do not realize is how much it cost to put on an event like this. Even though Tim has plenty of local support he ha a lot of his own money invested. He is way to modest to admit it.

He is dedicated his time and money to make sure everyone has a great time "Not For Profit - All for Fun"

Thank you my friend!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thank you folks for your kind words. I'm a just a cheapa** that shops at price clubs and harbor freight. If it wasn't for Harbor Freight we'd be having this event by candle light. Now it's time for a confession. I have something that I must admit. I did something very sneaky. I used my Slingshot brothers and sisters to justify building the deck I've always wanted.

And MACAWS deserves a ton of credit. He has been giving his time and doing these events for a long time. We have conversations going back and forth on this event for over six months. He has freely given a ton of his time. His behind the scenes work will show during this event.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• We will be showing a movie at the dealer Saturday night. It might be playing in the background during the concert. Not really sure. Spoiler alert. It has one of the best chase scenes in movie history. Anybody wanna take a guess. I bet FunCycle knows.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• This event is going to be about the ride. Allot of riding. All of us bought our Slingshots to ride and enjoy. Some of these folks have been riding their Slings for years and years and are very experienced, some are not. I personally am in the not category myself. It has been said many times on this forum "ride your own ride". I've never heard of somebody getting injured from pulling over and waving somebody around them. I want everybody to be safe during this event. Some of you are traveling from far away, be safe on your trip in.

Now it's go time. Let's get this shindig started:00008674:

Btw, this is how I felt riding with a group for the first time. :00002047:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Btw, everybody and I do mean everybody. Please take tons of pictures during this event. The more the better. If your better half is riding with you, get em to take a bunch. We have allot of Slingshot brothers and sisters that can't make it this year. After the event is over I'd like for you to email all your pictures to aoklandscapinglawn530@yahoo.com I have something planned next year for all the pictures we take this year.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Everybody wants to know about the weather. Well well well. Record heat this week. High near 90. Sorry Boomer, that's hot for us. Maybe a pop shower later in the week but no real measurable rainfall in the forecast all week.

Some believe in Karma. Everybody believes is something. I'm a Landscaper and there has only been two weeks this year it has been too dry to mow.

The week of Maggie Valley and the week of Mayhem in the Mountains.

For those of you working hard this week in order to make it here I applaud you for your efforts, buuuuuutttt. I have to get some things done logistically this morning and then I'm going to have fun riding with FunCycle all week.:00000014::00000014::00000014::00000014::00000014::00000014::00000014::00000014::P:P:P:P

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads